What do you think Sony has to do to really increase the Vita sells?

#91Nightmare637Posted 12/27/2012 4:51:31 AM(edited)
Shadowfxd2 posted...
Nightmare637 posted...
Shadowfxd2 posted...
I know exactly what would sell Vita!

A uncharted prequel with forced gimmicks!
a littlebigplanet, that's exactly the same game, with some new gimmicks!
and a wipeout, give it four numbers at the end and pretend it's not the HD port but still allow it to cross play with wipeout HD...
Then make a interesting game with a lady that only kicks and flies around using gravity that a cat gave her or something, but find a way to make that boring.
Then port a bunch of ps2 and ps3 games over, give them lower res, water them down, add a gimmick!

if those don't sell Vita's, nothing will!

*sigh*

is there any need for sarcasm?

Well I'm not part of a multi national company in debt, but they thought vita would sell...

are they really in debt? I had no idea.(how bad is it? like going under bad or are they fine to an extent?)

and anyway isen't it the developers that decide what gets put on a system or not?

I'd say sony's main fault on the vita is lack of advertising.
#92Shadowfxd2Posted 12/27/2012 4:55:21 AM
Shadowfxd2 posted...
Nightmare637 posted...
Shadowfxd2 posted...
I know exactly what would sell Vita!

A uncharted prequel with forced gimmicks!
a littlebigplanet, that's exactly the same game, with some new gimmicks!
and a wipeout, give it four numbers at the end and pretend it's not the HD port but still allow it to cross play with wipeout HD...
Then make a interesting game with a lady that only kicks and flies around using gravity that a cat gave her or something, but find a way to make that boring.
Then port a bunch of ps2 and ps3 games over, give them lower res, water them down, add a gimmick!

if those don't sell Vita's, nothing will!

*sigh*

is there any need for sarcasm?

Well I'm not part of a multi national company in debt, but they thought vita would sell...

are they really in debt? I had no idea.(how bad is it? like going under bad or are they fine to an extent?)

and anyway isen't it the developers that decide what gets put on a system or not?

I'd say sony's main fault on the vita is lack of advertising.

I don't care if they advertise at this point, since I got one on launch day! I need games to play on it. It's supposed to be a excellent system, but I'll never know, since it just sits there, unplayed, lonely, it needs love, but I'm not going to use it for netflix or facebook, I have a Nexus 7 for that. It needs games!

/rant

p.s. yes they are in debt and their stock is now junk bonds, I don't really care, but it seems to get the ponies riled lol
---
http://i.imgur.com/NbGmq.jpg, http://i.imgur.com/ARXXY.jpg
Equals: http://i.imgur.com/ZpBae.jpg, Hmmm: http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/29629070.jpg
#93Nightmare637Posted 12/27/2012 5:06:29 AM
Ouch...that sucks I hope they don't go under(I like competition in buisnesses, gives them a reason to keep getting better).

my main hope in terms of games is some more fighters, and RPG's but mainly fighters.(even if there ports, since I prefer my fighters on the go)
#94TeremeiPosted 12/27/2012 5:59:53 AM
Natureboy99 posted...
They need to turn it into a phone and give access to the android play store. Nobody wants to carry around 2 devices when these phone games are getting so close to Vita. There is definitely a gap, but its rapidly decreasing. If Vita had minecraft and kairosoft games it would be my ultimate portable.

phone games getting close to vita? In what way? $2.99 rayman touch experience or a full fledged beautiful rayman platformer. I have both an ipod touch AND a nexus 7. Hell even Pinball Arcade is more fun on Vita using the damn shoulder buttons and analog stick for tilt.

Vita's compitition is not ##***@ phones. It's the price. If they want it to take off they need to cut it to $150, and have a great E3 next year with some mega games announced.
---
last $$: Persona 4 Golden LE, Paper Mario Sticker Star, Harvest Moon ANB
Playing: FFVII (PSN/PSPgo), various apps
#95NeojianXPosted 12/28/2012 9:39:15 AM
lunchEATSyou
Posted 12/26/2012 2:50:17 PM
message detail

Kill off the PSP (They should have done this before Vita's launch) and force everybody to upgrade to the Vita.

Ha ha ha! Force

Maybe your Darkside of the Force attitude towards gamers in other regions than Japan is catching up with you. Gorilla Marketing is what they have always done. I think when Sony snatched the PS2 Backwards compatibility from already purchased NA 60gb PS3 with an Update Ultimatum on April Fool's Day has had a negative effect not only on Sony, But on Nintendo and Microsoft also. None of the big 3 can be trusted. Coming out with console games that need a patch fix is ridiculous, and it makes it easy for people to go back to PC gaming and deal with stuff like that.

Better because the PC game patch fix might add Jackie Chan, Bruce Lee, Chuck Norris and Samuel L. Jackson into the game. Which would be pay for download content for the console game. You all are going to fail, because it's in your Nature to.

Force everybody to upgrade to the Vita? Ha ha ha ha ha! Goes back to playing some free Angry Birds. XD : )
---
James Bond 007 in Never Say Never Heineken AND You Only Live Miller High Life .... Twice. : )
#96blunderminePosted 12/28/2012 10:47:03 AM
This would only be for Japan, but stop selling PSP games.
---
So if Nintendo changed the name of the Wii - U, would they be pulling a U-Wii?
#97Megaman OmegaPosted 12/28/2012 11:25:03 AM

Yeah, they have billions of dollars in debt. Not long ago they had the worst year in the history of the company when they predicted a return to profitability after four continuous years of losing money and there's no sign of recovery.

http://finapps.forbes.com/finapps/jsp/finance/compinfo/Ratios.jsp?tkr=sne

According to this, Sony got a total debt / equity ratio of more than 1. This means that their debt is higher than what the entire company is worth. On top of that, their debt rating has now been downgraded to junk status, so this debt stings even more. For some parties it's outright forbidden to invest in such papers.
---
The Vita sold 1.200.000 units in week 1. - Sailor Goon
76.322 to 70.744 is a 70% drop. - Sailor Goon
#98Ambassador_KongPosted 12/28/2012 11:34:36 AM
Megaman Omega posted...

Yeah, they have billions of dollars in debt. Not long ago they had the worst year in the history of the company when they predicted a return to profitability after four continuous years of losing money and there's no sign of recovery.

http://finapps.forbes.com/finapps/jsp/finance/compinfo/Ratios.jsp?tkr=sne

According to this, Sony got a total debt / equity ratio of more than 1. This means that their debt is higher than what the entire company is worth. On top of that, their debt rating has now been downgraded to junk status, so this debt stings even more. For some parties it's outright forbidden to invest in such papers.

Sony also predicts that they are going to sell 10 million Vitas by their next fiscal year. They are around 8 million short of that goal near as I can guess. Sony might be able to survive, but the Vita is toast. They don't have the resources or desire to make the thing a success.
---
First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. by Mahatma Gandhi.
#99CraddaPoostaPosted 12/28/2012 12:07:45 PM
*Sales

Sigh
---
3DS FC - 4811-7145-9541
PSN - SeanDraven
#100SightoPosted 12/28/2012 3:47:33 PM
New games. Not ports or extended ports.
---
http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/15/15988000/ngbbs47fa102e7660f.gif