Serious disscusion looking at either Vita or Wii U.

#51quickposterPosted 12/26/2012 11:56:42 PM
marsvalient posted...
^Hates the vita for it's lack of games and support, suggests the only other thing available with legitimately less to offer.

Okay, so your just in the troll to fanboy range. hmm. Tsk tsk.

Right now Wii U has way more to look forward to then Vita did in this time frame. I forgot. We must praise Vita as the best launch lineup of all time then ignore Wii U gets ports of better franchises (including AC and CoD the vita's so-called system sellers).

Not only has Wii U had better launch titles there is probably more to look forward to then there ever has been on Vita. Thats why you be aggressive when you are launching a system and not just let the biggest game events of the year pass you by showing nothing more then logos or 2 game announcements of games that haven't even proven themselves.

While it can't be factual that Wii U had better launch titles (though I think it did) it is definitely factual that Nintendo is doing it right. They have a lot to look forward to in the first 3 months and they still haven't announced everything in that time frame.
---
Bethesda not convinced people will buy the next xbox and PS4: your install base always starts at zero
#52Lightning_fanPosted 12/27/2012 12:02:21 AM
PangLa posted...
Vita. Wii U seems like it's gonna end up like the Wii. Not much support from 3rd party.

idk man, Nintendo is bringing Bayonetta 2 on it.
#53OtakuGameraPosted 12/27/2012 12:08:51 AM
They have a lot to look forward to in the first 3 months and they still haven't announced everything in that time frame.

so you're looking forward to nothing. me on the other hand, im looking forward to soul sacrifice, tearaway, killzone mercenary, phantasy star online 2, ys:sea of trees and more.
---
PSVita no games? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/64767381
http://www.atlus.com/res/p4g_faithful_reviews_1.jpg
#54OtakuGameraPosted 12/27/2012 12:09:54 AM
idk man, Nintendo is bringing Bayonetta 2 on it.

that's not exactly 3rd party support, they're bringing it because nintendo paid for it, it's more like 1st party if anything.
---
PSVita no games? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/64767381
http://www.atlus.com/res/p4g_faithful_reviews_1.jpg
#55nedrithPosted 12/27/2012 12:11:20 AM
If you use your PS3 I would suggest the Vita. Some fun games are out for the Vita and PS+ is worth it even more with both systems. along with every once in a while a decent cross buy promotion.

Otherwise the Wii U.
#56quickposterPosted 12/27/2012 12:20:01 AM(edited)
PangLa posted...
Vita. Wii U seems like it's gonna end up like the Wii. Not much support from 3rd party.

I can't believe people still post that garbage. They are publishing Ninja Gaiden, Lego City, Monster Hunter, Bayonetta 2, 101.

They are using the same "money hatting" tactics Microsoft use. Also I find it funny how you actually think a Sony handheld will have truly meaningful third party support in the long run of things. Wii may have been the worst for third party support but PSP was definitely second. After the first 2 years third parties started pulling the plug and it saw far less localisations.

Despite this huge third party support generalization against Nintendo, their handhelds have consistently seen the best third party support of that market every generation.
---
Bethesda not convinced people will buy the next xbox and PS4: your install base always starts at zero
#57Nightmare637Posted 12/27/2012 12:29:50 AM
thats handhelds not consoles.

there two diffrent markets, PSP actually still gets support just not in the west.
#58bigt3224Posted 12/27/2012 12:31:22 AM
I would honestly go with the Vita. I hated the Wii. I think I didn't buy another game after Madworld, and I still own my original, which I got the day it came out. Most games turned out to be massive disappointments, and I got really sick of always saying "this game is great... for the wii).

I love my PS3, and I am still looking forward to tons of games coming out for it, so when I had the choice recently to choose between the Vita and the Wii U, I went with the Vita, and I have not regretted it at all. It is a great handheld, but currently the Wii U doesn't really have anything I care about. I already owned it's best games on my PS3, and I am sick of all these 2D mario games every couple of months (which is why I sold my 3DS). The Vita seems to have much deeper games as of now, and it seems much more promising. I want a Wii U, just not any time soon.
---
PSN: bigt5478
#59CapnStankyPosted 12/27/2012 12:43:55 AM
Wii U at this point is a total joke. Horrible hardware, horrible games, horrible price, and Nintendo still links purchases to your hardware instead of to you. They're incompetent.Vita is great hardware, really good game selection, terrible price. Easy choice - Vita.
---
GOTY 2012 Candidates: Sleeping Dogs, Mark of the Ninja, Borderlands 2, Forza Horizon, Halo 4
#60quickposterPosted 12/27/2012 12:51:14 AM
Nightmare637 posted...
thats handhelds not consoles.

there two diffrent markets, PSP actually still gets support just not in the west.

I'm basically making a point on an observation I noticed. He says it looks like that with Wii U even though E3 hasn't passed by yet. Vita is actually at a far more crucial point with support for the future then Wii U is.
---