Serious disscusion looking at either Vita or Wii U.

#61kyncaniPosted 12/27/2012 1:53:02 AM
quickposter posted...
PangLa posted...
Vita. Wii U seems like it's gonna end up like the Wii. Not much support from 3rd party.

I can't believe people still post that garbage. They are publishing Ninja Gaiden, Lego City, Monster Hunter, Bayonetta 2, 101.

Bayonetta 2 is pretty much the only third party support the Wii U is getting next year.

Here are some big hitters the Wii U won't get next year :
Bioshock Infinite
Dark Souls 2
Dead Space 3
Final Fantasy Versus XIII
GTA 5
MGS Ground Zeroes
Metal Gear Rising
South Park Stick of Truth
Tomb Raider
The Last Of Us

I'm not confident with the Wii U future, not after that whole Wii disaster. Mario Kart was pretty much the only game I've played and enjoyed. It's just a useless piece of plastic.
#62quickposterPosted 12/27/2012 2:52:22 AM
kyncani posted...
Bayonetta 2 is pretty much the only third party support the Wii U is getting next year.

Dark Souls 2
Dead Space 3
GTA 5
MGS Ground Zeroes

The following are not confirmed to be on there nor are they deconfirmed. The problem with Wii U is some of you are looking at games coming out next year (which have been in development for years so it makes sense for Wii U to be too late) and taking no shows as a sign that it isn't being supported. I have news for you. Not every big multiplat will be on Wii U next year just like not every big multiplat of 2014 will be on Microsoft and Sony's new consoles (if PS4 is even out by then).

Nintendo have actually confirmed they haven't shown all the games in the launch lineup yet. There is a big SE game which has been leaked via a profile. SGW2 was leaked on both Wii U and Vita by ESRB and retailers keep listing Splinter Cell for it. Its obvious there are still announcements to be made on Wii U's end. Just like there are announcements to be made for Vita.

The problem with Wii was it was perceived as a toy and not a serious gaming device whereas Wii U will be. Actually its the next Xbox that risks repeating Wii's mistakes.
---
Bethesda not convinced people will buy the next xbox and PS4: your install base always starts at zero
#63senelcoolidge_Posted 12/27/2012 2:56:49 AM
kyncani posted...
quickposter posted...
PangLa posted...
Vita. Wii U seems like it's gonna end up like the Wii. Not much support from 3rd party.

I can't believe people still post that garbage. They are publishing Ninja Gaiden, Lego City, Monster Hunter, Bayonetta 2, 101.

Bioshock Infinite
Dark Souls 2
Dead Space 3
GTA 5
MGS Ground Zeroes
Metal Gear Rising
Tomb Raider
The Last Of Us

I'm not confident with the Wii U future, not after that whole Wii disaster. Mario Kart was pretty much the only game I've played and enjoyed. It's just a useless piece of plastic.

That's a shame. There are tons of underrated and niche hidden gems on the Wii. Back on topic, I would definitely go with the Wii U. It's a known fact that the Vita will have a price drop soon. You may as well go with the system that most likely won't be seeing one until next christmas or so.

You can also pick up the following games:

New Super Mario Bros U
ZombiU
Nintendoland
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
Scribblenaughts Unlimited
Chasing Aurora
Mighty Switch Force HD Edition
Trine 2 Director's Cut

not to mention some great games in Q1 and Q2 of 2013, which include:

Pikmin 3
Bayonetta 2
The Wonderful 101
Lego City Undercover
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Rayman Legends
Game & Wario
Pier Solar HD
Two Brothers
Cloudberry Kingdom

so it will pick up eventually in the coming months.
#64j2zon2591Posted 12/27/2012 3:05:55 AM
Wii U.. but I think it's best if you wait for E3, PS4/720 announcement.. better yet.. a game that you'd truly want that'd make you buy a system.

The 3rd Birthday was IT for me when I bought the PSP 3000.

Find your IT game.
#65StealthlysPosted 12/27/2012 6:43:11 AM
Stealthlys posted...
Wait for both to price drop.

Only correct answer.
#66Mister MoneyPosted 12/27/2012 7:34:33 AM
PS Vita
---
My PSP-3000s: Clear Blue [Housing Modded] (Lizbeth), White/Blue (Dark Repulser), Black/Red (Elucidator), Red/Black (Lunia) and Sky Blue/Marine Blue (Runia).
#67mrivera889Posted 12/27/2012 8:19:06 AM(edited)
Prices: (Going by MSRP here so no sale or bundles included since noone here can say for sure that TC will have these in his area)

PS Vita-$249.99
Hidden Cost-A memory Card is required and does not come with the basic unit so:
$15-99 depending on Memory Card Size you buy.

Wii U Basic: $299.99
Hidden Cost-The system basically has almost no useable of internal memory space so Nintendo advised everyone to get am external hard drive:
$50-250 depending of on the size of the External Hard Drive.

Wii U Accessories-Right out of the gate some games will required you to have a Wii/Wii U Controllers that don't come with the basic unit to even play them such as Nintendo Land so:
Wii U Remote- $39.99
Wii U Nunchuck- $19.99
(You can however use your normal Wii brand Remote and Nunchuck is you have them)

Game Support:

I liked to stay optimistic but neither the PSP or Wii had much 3rd party support here in the West so I can't really say for sure how this will fare for both but looking at the next 6 months at the time of this post the PS Vita has more confirmed titles coming up that the Wii U and outside some games that got delays nobody has any information on any confirmed titles for the Wii U past it's launch window which ends in March and as other have posted some of the 3rd party support game the PS3 & XBOX360 will be getting early next year are skipping the Wii by choice or by the design they pre set during the development cycle of the game.

My perspective:
The PS Vita currently has more support and games coming up than the Wii U but I can't say for sure how long that will last. I will be getting a Wii U in March for Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate but outside of that I don't see myself using the Wii U for anything else for the time being since nothing is on the horizon regarding games and I'm not a big fan of Nintendo 1st party titles since the Wii so those wont hold me over. If you must choose right now TC I say get a PS Vita and wait until Spring/Summer 2013 to get a Wii U so you can see what the Wii U will offer past March.
---
[=[3DS]=] (+.[VITA].::)
[o+[__].::]