It'd be great if Persona became a Vita exclusive series.

#41WiiFan77Posted 12/27/2012 4:56:08 PM
I'd be very happy. Consoles are terrible for RPGs, due to their lack of portability and sleep-mode. As long as Devil Survivor never came to Vita, it would be a good balance between Nintendo and Sony for SMT fans.
---
Official Neko Shogun of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#42GeassMasterPosted 12/27/2012 5:13:44 PM
I've seen tons of threads like this already. Persona 5 has already been confirmed exclusive for PS3, and was at 75% completion around April. I highly doubt that they would screw around with any sort of development unless they're using Sony's PS3 to PSV development tool.

And going by the trend of Persona games, Persona 6 is going to come out a year or so after Persona 5.
---
Now Playing: Mugen Souls, Ragnarok Odyessy, P4G, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation, DW: Gundam 2
I Have A Huge Backlog.
#43Lelouch71Posted 12/27/2012 5:33:47 PM(edited)
The Persona series or rather P3/P4 are incredibly niche despite being more popular than the other megaten titles including the original Persona trilogy (P1, IS, and EP). It's a not a huge money maker despite how much the fanboys of P4 talking about it. The Vita itself isn't worth that risk. If Atlus wanted the most sales it would be better off on the 3DS or PS3. At least they are more popular in Japan and everywhere else in the world unlike the Vita.

GeassMaster posted...
I've seen tons of threads like this already. Persona 5 has already been confirmed exclusive for PS3, and was at 75% completion around April. I highly doubt that they would screw around with any sort of development unless they're using Sony's PS3 to PSV development tool.

I would like to know where you pull that information from. I certainly hope it's not from your ass. P5 was not confirm for any system. Anyone saying otherwise are assuming stuff. The only thing Atlus said is that it will use a brand new engine different from the one used for Catherine. That's about it. It's has a pretty good chance of being on the PS3 and 360 though like Catherine and P4A before it. It also has a good chance of being on the 3DS too given that there is a placeholder title plus it's doing extremely well in Japan.

If it is on the PS3/360 it wouldn't hard to port it to the Vita. Atlus is never about graphics. None of their games pushed the hardware to its limit.
---
"When you come at the king you best not miss"
#44Y SPosted 12/27/2012 5:28:41 PM
EffectAndCause posted...
That way Sony handhelds would have their "Pokemon".

Plus online battling and trading would be a S***LOAD better than Nintendo's joke online service.

I expect a persona 5 Golden / Portable version to show its face some day, but Persona has always been a console game first and ports done for handhelds later and it should stay that way.
#45dragonkyn20Posted 12/27/2012 6:06:30 PM
This topic is misleading. You're referring to the MAIN Shin Megami Tensei series. That's what involves the 'pokemon' aspect more than anything. And that series alone won't save the Vita.
---
PSN and gamertag: dragonkyn20
I love it so much, it's now my universal alias.
#46R_ChampPosted 12/27/2012 6:22:14 PM
GLDanzego posted...
No thanks. I like Atlus a lot and I don't think it would be a good idea at all to turn one of their bread and butter series into an exclusive on the lowest selling platform.

You must realize that, at the end of the day, Persona is still a niche series and they would do best appealing to as large of a userbase as possible.

---

This. SMTIV will probably do fine on 3DS because it's actually selling well. Putting Persona as an exclusive on Vita would be WAY too dangerous with how niche it already is and how terrible the Vita is selling. Vita would have to recover first, because the Persona series alone couldn't save it.
#47GodMWOLFPosted 12/27/2012 6:39:57 PM
Y S posted...
EffectAndCause posted...
That way Sony handhelds would have their "Pokemon".

Plus online battling and trading would be a S***LOAD better than Nintendo's joke online service.

I expect a persona 5 Golden / Portable version to show its face some day, but Persona has always been a console game first and ports done for handhelds later and it should stay that way.

This and placeholders don't mean **** until the company confirms they are making it
---
Official Hardcore Risette Fan
TUTURUU Oh Okarin. Psn:mwolfizcool
#48Rasen543Posted 12/27/2012 6:48:40 PM
It'd never happen, Vita isn't selling well at all.

If anything SMT would go 3DS exclusive, there's already three games for it.
---
EARTHBOUND FANS, GO HERE :D
Luminehall.net
#49Devil_wings00Posted 12/27/2012 6:54:34 PM
Why? That would be the worst decision Atlus could ever make lol At least financially. It would limit the amount of copies they could sell by an insane number. It would probably destroy the series ;p
---
3570k @ 4.6, GTX 580 @ 980/2106, ASUS Sabertooth z77, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHZ, 2 Mushkin Chronos in raid0, 1TB WD black.
#50Chaos_MissilePosted 12/27/2012 7:31:04 PM
Anclation posted...
EffectAndCause posted...
videogamefan65 posted...
God no.

Enough RPGs are going handheld only already.

Persona could be the system seller for Sony handhelds that Pokemon is for Nintendo handhelds, that makes it worth it IMO.

Lol, no:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_game_franchises

Persona being popular on GameFAQs doesn't make it the kind of series that can save a console.

I find that list...quite nonsensical, underquoted, BS and probably out of date at this point.

You're telling me, the ENTIRE Shin Megami Tensei franchise, touted as the THIRD BEST RPG SERIES EVER after Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy, has at least a number of games which dwarves half the game "franchise" listed there, older than probably a 3rd of the franchises listed there, sold less than 5 million?

*checks Ultima* Not listed
*checks Quake* Not listed
*checks Command and Conquer* Isnt even given a PROPER listing.

OTL (-_- |||)
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008