Wii U / Vita Screen Specs (No Flame Wars - Keep it Civil!!)

#11backguard222(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2012 4:29:37 PM
It doesn't need to be better than the Vita screen, I'm just surprised at the noticeable difference in quality.

The comparison's are relevant though, since the Vita has the potential to be just like the Wii U tablet. LittleBigPlanet 2 now has the ability to use the Vita in that manner.
#12Shadowfxd2Posted 12/27/2012 5:38:01 PM
If Wii u had vitas screen and it's current specs, it would not be $300, it would be outrageous and not sell like ps3 did at first.
---
http://i.imgur.com/NbGmq.jpg, http://i.imgur.com/ARXXY.jpg
Equals: http://i.imgur.com/ZpBae.jpg, Hmmm: http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/29629070.jpg
#13NnamzPosted 12/27/2012 6:27:32 PM
squatch22 posted...
MegaMettaur posted...
squatch22 posted...
The Wii U pad aint a console...

It doesn't need to be. Read the effing title.

So the Vita board expects a game pad to have as good or better screen than an actual portable console?

defensive/10

Nobody expected anything. TC just wants facts. (besides, the Wii-U pad screen looks better than the 3DS.....an "actual portable console").

Anyway, TC, it appears less sharp because it has weaker resolution and less pixel density than the Vita screen. It appears more washed out because Vita has an OLED screen, while (I think) the Wii-U pad is an LCD screen.
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 4527 - 7250 - 9769 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#14youngskillzPosted 12/27/2012 6:51:20 PM
can't expect anything different from cheap ass nintendo.
---
Melodic Death Bands OTM -- Dream of Unreality, Saint of Disgrace, I Spit Ashes, Cipher System, Catch The Sun, Mors Principium Est, Dorgmooth, Disese Illusion.
#15neviPosted 12/27/2012 6:59:58 PM
My main gripe with the WiiU pad is that its touchscreen is restistive! No multi-touch EVER ;a;
---
Please excuse my troll behavior, as I am currently in my "Crash/Spyro depraved" state. Thank you for your understanding.
#16mike_411Posted 12/27/2012 7:10:21 PM
squatch22 posted...
MegaMettaur posted...
squatch22 posted...

So the Vita board expects a game pad to have as good or better screen than an actual portable console?

/facepalm

if it bothers you so much don't post? xD
---
Hardcore Naoto fan.
That neko costume was just purrfectly unbearable~
#17darkdragongirlPosted 12/27/2012 7:14:26 PM
Comparing consoles to handhelds? Why?

Might well say the iPad has better resolution.
---
Playing: Ragnarok Odyssey
I've got a poring on my mind, and toast in my mouth, let's quest!
#18ORANGE666Posted 12/27/2012 7:22:32 PM
squatch22 posted...
MegaMettaur posted...
squatch22 posted...

/facepalm

Nintendo is selling the gamepad for $173 US in Japan. Considering the controller alone is so close to the price of the Vita, it should be comparable.

Vita is capacitive 5inches 540p AMOLED screen made by Samsung
WiiU is resistive 6inches 480p TFT LCD screen made by Sharp

The WiiU screen would be bottom of the barrel back in the early 2000's, in 2012 it belongs in the landfill
#19b1gt0nePosted 12/27/2012 7:24:28 PM
Hydra_Gundam_ posted...
This is the vita board. Civil is not an option.

But I havent tried the wii u yet. I actually cant tell if a screen is great or not. Theyre just brightly colored screens. Maybe im getting old.

You should see the WiiU board, much worse than in here. I have both, and the Vita is brighter with more color saturation, but the WiiU game pad is no slouch.
#20EdwardHohenheimPosted 12/27/2012 8:26:33 PM
ORANGE666 posted...
squatch22 posted...
MegaMettaur posted...
squatch22 posted...

/facepalm

Nintendo is selling the gamepad for $173 US in Japan. Considering the controller alone is so close to the price of the Vita, it should be comparable.

Vita is capacitive 5inches 540p AMOLED screen made by Samsung
WiiU is resistive 6inches 480p TFT LCD screen made by Sharp

The WiiU screen would be bottom of the barrel back in the early 2000's, in 2012 it belongs in the landfill

So almost 50% of the price is "so close?

I hope you took exchange rates into consideration before you posted this.