Wii U / Vita Screen Specs (No Flame Wars - Keep it Civil!!)

#31backguard222(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2012 9:18:09 AM
TC here.

I agree the Wii screen is no slouch. It is in no way bad looking, but the difference in quality sort of blew me away after almost a year of using a Vita.

The comparison between the Wii U controller and Vita and even tablets/smartphones is appropriate. First, they all use touch screens so they can be compared on the basis of screen quality alone.

More importantly, there are lots of functions that the devices share that use that fancy screen. Handheld gaming device (Wii U only when near the console though?). Internet browsers. Watching streaming movies and TV. Phone calls/Skype. The Vita can actually function just like a Wii U controller in LBP2 now (and who knows what will happen with the PS4). I'm sure there will be more apps in common as the generation progresses.

So the comparisons are relevant.

---

From what I'm reading, the Wii U screen is technologically inferior to the Vita. Again it is no slouch, and it makes sense that Nintendo would have to make cost vs. quality evaluations. They did that with the Wii and despite lower quality picture from other current gen systems the system made a killing. Nintendo isn't dumb that is for sure.
#32schadowPosted 12/28/2012 10:40:57 AM
Is it just me, or does the Vita screen look "dusty" compared to glossy LCD screens?
---
Soundcloud.com/komodovaran
My humble hobby project. Comment/rate if you have the spare time!
#33ManjiMidouPosted 12/28/2012 11:22:53 AM
squatch22 posted...
MegaMettaur posted...
squatch22 posted...
The Wii U pad aint a console...

It doesn't need to be. Read the effing title.

So the Vita board expects a game pad to have as good or better screen than an actual portable console?

/facepalm

to be honest, l don't expect much from the Wii U. Such an inferior outdated home console.
#34xfactorPosted 12/28/2012 11:58:04 AM
backguard222 posted...
TC here.

I agree the Wii screen is no slouch. It is in no way bad looking, but the difference in quality sort of blew me away after almost a year of using a Vita.

The comparison between the Wii U controller and Vita and even tablets/smartphones is appropriate. First, they all use touch screens so they can be compared on the basis of screen quality alone.

More importantly, there are lots of functions that the devices share that use that fancy screen. Handheld gaming device (Wii U only when near the console though?). Internet browsers. Watching streaming movies and TV. Phone calls/Skype. The Vita can actually function just like a Wii U controller in LBP2 now (and who knows what will happen with the PS4). I'm sure there will be more apps in common as the generation progresses.

So the comparisons are relevant.

Not even close, when the Wii U game pad have NFC.
---
www.capcom.co.jp/bio6
#35PlayaMadeTxn05Posted 12/28/2012 12:11:10 PM
And after being ganged up on, squatch leaves lol

Dude, just stay on the WiiU board. Quit trying to join in with your troll comrades or even by yourself if you have nothing constructive to add to the topic.
---
"You still play SNES & Genesis games? Yeah, they are terrible by today's standard. Graphics sells .. like it or not." - nariusseldon
#36dj___rollPosted 12/28/2012 12:24:54 PM
Quote:MegaMettaur posted...
squatch22 posted...
The Wii U pad aint a console...

It doesn't need to be. Read the effing title.

So the Vita board expects a game pad to have as good or better screen than an actual portable console?

/facepalm

@squatch22
No one said that.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#37GdboyratedloudPosted 12/28/2012 12:25:36 PM
gotta try and troll something since the Vita is getting destroyed by the 3ds eh?

Can you draw accurately with your multi touch screen???? whats the use?? ohhhhh pinch to zoom.....

GTFOH
---
PSN: JamesDeanONdaLOW
little did I know, James Dean was actually on the down low.
#38dj___rollPosted 12/28/2012 12:25:53 PM
Quote:Of course it's better. Higher res, higher PPI, better tech, and the Vita doesn't have an idiotic resistive touch screen.
@CapnStanky
They both have pros and cons. With one you can get more accuracy, and the other multi touch. Just depends what's more important to you.
---
#39LightHawKnightPosted 12/28/2012 12:27:25 PM
nevi posted...
My main gripe with the WiiU pad is that its touchscreen is restistive! No multi-touch EVER ;a;

Resistive is the way to go for gaming. MUCH more accurate. Which is WAY more important in gaming.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#40dj___rollPosted 12/28/2012 12:30:24 PM
Quote:Meanwhile, a lot of smartphones nowadays have way better screens than the Vita.

Just the facts.

@Kino
And totally unrelated to the topic at hand. But thank you for posting the obvious.
---