Sony fans care only about hardware.

#161mycousinvinniePosted 12/29/2012 12:51:56 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#162singhellotakuPosted 12/29/2012 1:29:10 PM
I believe the better way put it is, "Sony's marketing dept. cares only about hardware."
#163TwilightKurughiPosted 12/29/2012 2:08:29 PM
Lord_Vishana posted...
Well, this escalated quickly...

Both systems are great(hardware wise) and have a nice library.

*jumps out of topic*

agreeing with this guy *leaps away*
#164GtuansdiammPosted 12/29/2012 2:09:50 PM
good hardware is a must but the vita's hardware disapointed me
i wanted a 720p display like most cellphones have no a days not the 960x540 ish display that the vita has

also i hate prosperity stuff like the memory cards
also maybe not make it att exclusive and add lte support cause who wants to use 3g

also many games are not compatible with the remote play thing

the game selection is no where near what i want it to be but it does seem like its slowly going toward the right direction with virtues last reward out on the vita now
#165phoenixchildPosted 12/29/2012 2:38:42 PM
I made my account just so I could post this, I usually just lurk for interesting information or upcoming titles.

Saying Sony fan boyss only care about hardware in my mind equals out to nintendrones only care about gimmicks at least in my mind, but in saying that opinion =/= fact.

I own both a 3DS (got it at launch) and a Vita (again got it for launch) and I can safely say that my vita gets far more use, when it comes down to it there just is not enough on the 3DS for me personally. Don't get me wrong now I have gotten use out of my 3DS I played Kid Icarus non stop for a while as well as Mario Kart 7 with some other titles.

Objectively I think the vita is the better system but Sony dropped the ball in a few ways forcing the vita to lag behind (okay well a 'bit' more then lag), the transition from the DS/PSP era to the 3DS/VITA era I feel like the vita got a far better upgrade, the 3DS got the 3D aspect which in all fairness is not a very good upgrade in the sense a ton of people get headaches and some people can't see 3D at all. I know that's not the fault of Nintendo but any selling point of your handheld that excludes people like that means in my mind it should be faulted. Then there is the circle pad, I am aware you can get an attachment for a second one but not all games support two circle pads and the psp proved last gen that people want TWO not one. The touch screen hasn't really changed from the DS so I don't count that as an improvement some games make good use of it, some games don't that part is subjective.

Now the vita the addition of the front touch screen I think was a good idea, but that again depends on the game whether or not it makes proper use of it. The rear track pad on the other hand I hate, when i started playing BlazBlue on the vita my fingers were constantly tapping the track pad screwing me up so I quickly disabled it. The second thumb stick was a much needed improvement. As someone who lives in a small town with no regular access to any sort of video game store (excluding the 2 hour driver to the city) the all-digital game aspect was for me an amazing aspect (i purchased a psp go in the psp era so I was wary that Sony might drop support again) having all of my games on a single memory card was a very enjoyable convenience, but of course Sony had to go and give the cards mucked up prices in order to put people off from the vita. Another great feature is the cross buy, I bought the ps3 version of playstation all stars with little intent to play it I just wanted the free vita version but I am glad I did when at a gaming session my friends jumped on the chance to try the game and we only had three controllers so I played on my vita. One huge flaw the vita has is remote play, right now that is a feature I cannot for the life of me understand why Sony is not utilizing, currently the games that support this feature rely on reflex's and fast paced combat, (last time I checked) when remote play is suited towards tactical rpgs (due to the slight delay depending on connection)

if not for Sony repeatedly showing incompetence when it came to vita memory card prices, and lack of support for features like remote play I think the vita has the potential to be one of the best handhelds out there. Just remember, these are my opinions, so if you don't like them don't spit and sputter just move along.

As for the games aspect that comes down to the person, vita has more games that I enjoy that is why mine gets more use to it and that's all there is to it.

TLDR? my opinions do not equal facts, Sony dropped the ball vita is great but could be so much more, but both systems are good in their own ways. I personally enjoy the GAMES on my vita and it doesn't hurt the games that they look really pretty.

Also final note, generally in the next gen you expect a leap up from previous hardware.
#166tr1besPosted 12/29/2012 2:46:33 PM
I don't care about hardware. it's the story and gameplay that counts. I still play my SNES and PS1/2 games. Does that make me care about the hardware?
#167youngskillzPosted 12/29/2012 2:51:06 PM
what a failure thread.

i like sony consoles/handhelds cuz of the games aswell as the hardware.....same can be said for microsoft....to a point.

nintendo has virtually nothing that i want to play software wise....an their hardware is poor to medicore at best.

3ds getting a resident evil game along with some atlus rpg exclusivity over the vita is a complete travesty....but it is what it is.

vita will have it's games in the near future...unless sony completely fails the vita which i don't think they will.

we'll see.
---
Melodic Death Bands OTM -- Dream of Unreality, Saint of Disgrace, I Spit Ashes, Cipher System, Catch The Sun, Mors Principium Est, Dorgmooth, Disese Illusion.
#168MarkCohenBrosPosted 12/29/2012 2:52:28 PM
Thanks for the laughs guys. The Sony fanboys are seriously a very insecure, defensive and delusionally rage-filled bunch. Heavysack's meltdown over the worst fanboys (which the entire Internet knows is Sony fanboys) was especially hilarious.
#169Bleach313Posted 12/29/2012 3:42:19 PM
I guess no one has seen PC fans if your calling Sony fans the worst. I've been playing Guild Wars 2 for 4 days now, and everytime I make a friend on their the first question from them is. "What is your computer rig?" Actually I'll post my whole conversation from remembrance.

Me: "Yo bro you want to help me with this boss."
Player: "Yeah sure."
--5 Minutes Later--
Player: "So what's your computer rig?"
Me: "What you need to know that for?"
Player: "Just tell me."
Me: "I have a GTX 660, 6GB of ram and an i5 processor."
Player: "Lol that's so weak."
Player: "I have a GTX 690, 16GB of ram, and an i7 processor."
Me: "That's cool I guess."
Player: "Your build is weak, I don't play with noobs."
--Player leaves party--

This kinda what's your computer rig crap has happened to me 4 times already. Now that's bad.

So yeah Sony ain't the worst. Trust me nobody has experienced the PC fanbase yet if your calling Sony the worst, and I've only been on it for a week now. Actually Sony isn't the worst. Almost every fanbase is bad if you attack them. Everyone on here is attacking the Vita so no wonder people are up in arms. If you go on the 360, or Nintendo boards you'll get the same result. So NO Sony ain't the worst, if you attack any fanbase it's just called retaliation. I call the PC fanbase the worst because of the ACTUAL community, not because I attacked them and they retaliated.
---
Currently Playing: Persona 4 The Golden and Guild Wars 2
PSN ID: yooobooyj
#170LightHawKnightPosted 12/29/2012 3:45:58 PM
Bleach313 posted...
I guess no one has seen PC fans if your calling Sony fans the worst. I've been playing Guild Wars 2 for 4 days now, and everytime I make a friend on their the first question from them is. "What is your computer rig?" Actually I'll post my whole conversation from remembrance.

Me: "Yo bro you want to help me with this boss."
Player: "Yeah sure."
--5 Minutes Later--
Player: "So what's your computer rig?"
Me: "What you need to know that for?"
Player: "Just tell me."
Me: "I have a GTX 660, 6GB of ram and an i5 processor."
Player: "Lol that's so weak."
Player: "I have a GTX 690, 16GB of ram, and an i7 processor."
Me: "That's cool I guess."
Player: "Your build is weak, I don't play with noobs."
--Player leaves party--

This kinda what's your computer rig crap has happened to me 4 times already. Now that's bad.

So yeah Sony ain't the worst. Trust me nobody has experienced the PC fanbase yet if your calling Sony the worst, and I've only been on it for a week now. Actually Sony isn't the worst. Almost every fanbase is bad if you attack them. Everyone on here is attacking the Vita so no wonder people are up in arms. If you go on the 360, or Nintendo boards you'll get the same result. So NO Sony ain't the worst, if you attack any fanbase it's just called retaliation. I call the PC fanbase the worst because of the ACTUAL community, not because I attacked them and they retaliated.

Online gaming is always terrible. That is why it is never included.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."