Sony fans care only about hardware.

#181ZHDALKERPosted 12/29/2012 8:50:56 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
MotiJr posted...
Would you say this is an accurate observation? I ask because the only argument I see is 3ds might sell more but Vita has better hardware. One person even uses a fast food analogy in their Sig

If the Vita was weaker than or equal to the 3ds, would you buy it? Personally, I think it's a sad situation when people will only purchase a gaming device because it has x power. It is for this reason that last gen had good games but lacked originality or that innate fun factor. I like good graphics and smooth gameplay but it's all pointless when the game just doesn't feel exciting or fresh.

I assume ponies are gonna feel heartbroken by my opinion but I don't care. This is a discussion and you can contribute like a mature, mentally sound person or you can throw a tantrum and look like an idiot.

Vita also has better games, support and features so your point is moot.

Oh, hey, DemonDog.
OK, as we learned in your previous topics, you don't accept the fact that 3DS also has good games and I agree that Vita's features are more impressive (though it kinda proves the bit about hardware), but BETTER SUPPORT?
FROM WHO?
---
Yes! I am invincible!
#182DavCubePosted 12/29/2012 9:06:11 PM
DevilJhoe posted...
Okay, I rarely ever post, but I just had to this time.

Holy s***, are some of these Sony fanboys for real or are they just delusional? I don't even understand the logic of some of them.

I mean wow..

Most are not. Some, though... yeah, humanity faith level lowers. Especially given the amount of paranoia of those select few.
---
http://backloggery.com/davcube
#183DemonDog666Posted 12/29/2012 9:07:50 PM
ZHDALKER posted...
Oh, hey, DemonDog.
OK, as we learned in your previous topics, you don't accept the fact that 3DS also has good games and I agree that Vita's features are more impressive (though it kinda proves the bit about hardware), but BETTER SUPPORT?
FROM WHO?

Actually I do accept that, you think the fact I called several 3DS game quality in my last thread would have tipped you off to that, vita just has more. Vita has better overall support, it has pretty much all the devs 3DS has and a ton more, and the 3rd party games on vita are better then the 3DS ones, 3DS does have bigger names though, I count support as amount of devs and quality of games though, not what brand names are put on it. Vita also has better 1st party support to, though that is mostly because of cross games.
#184ZHDALKERPosted 12/29/2012 9:21:55 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
ZHDALKER posted...
Oh, hey, DemonDog.
FROM WHO?

Actually I do accept that, you think the fact I called several 3DS game quality in my last thread would have tipped you off to that, vita just has more. Vita has better overall support, it has pretty much all the devs 3DS has and a ton more, and the 3rd party games on vita are better then the 3DS ones, 3DS does have bigger names though, I count support as amount of devs and quality of games though, not what brand names are put on it. Vita also has better 1st party support to, though that is mostly because of cross games.

Logically, Vita should have better support but it doesn't.
Why?
Because the sales are bad.
Why?
Because there aren't many good new games to play (and those outrageous memory cards might have something to do with it).
Why?
Because there is no very little support.
Why?
Because the sales are bad...

I count support as quantity of games and, well, 3DS is vastly superior in that way.
Look at the amount of mediocre games that are being developed for it!
Like, every movie adaptation, every big cartoon series gets a 3DS adaptation.
Most of those games are pure rubbish but there are some that are surprisingly good (like Adventure Time). Vita needs showelvare, it boosts sales.
3DS has 170+ games. Vita has 80+.
P.S. Those 2D Marios you love to refer to are actually great games, as are the 3D ones.
---
Yes! I am invincible!
#185DemonDog666Posted 12/29/2012 9:44:14 PM
ZHDALKER posted...
Why?
Why?
Because there aren't many good new games to play (and those outrageous memory cards might have something to do with it).
Why?
Why?

I count support as quantity of games and, well, 3DS is vastly superior in that way.
Most of those games are pure rubbish but there are some that are surprisingly good (like Adventure Time). Vita needs showelvare, it boosts sales.
P.S. Those 2D Marios you love to refer to are actually great games, as are the 3D ones.

3DS has been out over twice as long lol, you have to factor that in not to mention pssuite games which I know you are ignoring.

The 2D marios are grossly overpriced for the amount of content they offer, you are paying for the mario name and not much else, it has no level editor no online, not even that many levels, most psn 2d platformers rival the 2d marios but since it's mario it gets a dozen free passes.
#186ZHDALKERPosted 12/29/2012 10:03:42 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
ZHDALKER posted...
Why?
Why?
Why?
Why?

3DS has been out over twice as long lol, you have to factor that in not to mention pssuite games which I know you are ignoring.

The 2D marios are grossly overpriced for the amount of content they offer, you are paying for the mario name and not much else, it has no level editor no online, not even that many levels, most psn 2d platformers rival the 2d marios but since it's mario it gets a dozen free passes.

I am perfectly fine with paying 40 euros for a "2D Mario" because I know that I will be getting a lot of fun, which I didn't get from, say, Little Big Planet or whatnot.

I know that 3DS has been around for longer, but we have what we have - two handheld consoles with somewhat mediocre libraries, with 3DS library being slightly better due to its longer life. But I don't care about the handicap that was imposed upon Vita. I only care about games, and at this point I don't see Vita catching up anytime soon.
Vita will have maybe 5 decent games in 2013 - those being Soul Sacrifice, Sly Cooper, Killzone and Tearaway.
3DS will probably have 5 as well (MH3, Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem, Castlevania, Luigi's Mansion), but it is fully backward compatible with the original DS which grants it an immense library of awesome games.
Vita, on the other hand, is not fully backward compatible with the PSP.
What do I get after supporting PSP since 2004, after buying all those UMDs, after buying so many PSOne Classics from PSN?
Oh, I'm sorry, but you need a PS3 to transfer those games and as for UMDs... Sucks to be you, hope you still have your PSP.

P.S. Let's face it - PSminis, PS Suite, DSiWare are mostly all rubbish.
PSN has PSOne Classics, which is a major trading point for me, while 3DS has 3D Classics, which is also very important for me, but apart from that the online-only games are not really important enough to be taken into consideration.
Sure, PS Vita has a couple of solid titles and so does 3DS but still.
---
Yes! I am invincible!
#187DemonDog666Posted 12/29/2012 10:19:07 PM(edited)
ZHDALKER posted...
I am perfectly fine with paying 40 euros for a "2D Mario" because I know that I will be getting a lot of fun, which I didn't get from, say, Little Big Planet or whatnot.

I know that 3DS has been around for longer, but we have what we have - two handheld consoles with somewhat mediocre libraries, with 3DS library being slightly better due to its longer life. But I don't care about the handicap that was imposed upon Vita. I only care about games, and at this point I don't see Vita catching up anytime soon.
Vita will have maybe 5 decent games in 2013 - those being Soul Sacrifice, Sly Cooper, Killzone and Tearaway.
3DS will probably have 5 as well (MH3, Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem, Castlevania, Luigi's Mansion), but it is fully backward compatible with the original DS which grants it an immense library of awesome games.
What do I get after supporting PSP since 2004, after buying all those UMDs, after buying so many PSOne Classics from PSN?
Oh, I'm sorry, but you need a PS3 to transfer those games and as for UMDs... Sucks to be you, hope you still have your PSP.

PSN has PSOne Classics, which is a major trading point for me, while 3DS has 3D Classics, which is also very important for me, but apart from that the online-only games are not really important enough to be taken into consideration.

Everyone's perfectly fine playing too much for mario because it's mario it sells on brand name alone, reskin it with a different character and the sales would go down 90%.

So in other words you are just counting quantity on a system that's been out over twice as long and leaving it their because you are bitter because you didn't have the brain power to realize UMDs would be discounted. Got it.

EDIT

as for promising 2013 vita games we have

Demon Gaze
Dead or Alive 5 Plus
God Eater 2
Ratchet & Clank QForce
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Flash (granted might not make it to US in 2013)
Tearaway
Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus 2
Soul Sacrifice
Snapshot
Shin Megami Tensei
Killzone: Mercenary
Guacamelee!
Warrior's Lair
Dragon's Crown
Phantasy Star Online 2
Ys IV
Rainbow Moon
Muramasa: The Demon Blade
Final Fantasy X HD
#188brycemorrPosted 12/29/2012 10:20:40 PM
While I love the superior tech I also care about games as well. I dont have a 3DS because the games on it dont appeal to me. The two main reasons why I have a Vita is because 1. Single Screen. and 2. Uncharted, MGS: HD, DW: The Eturnity Clock, and AC: Liberation.
---
psn: bdawgtimes84
#189ZHDALKERPosted 12/29/2012 10:22:55 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
ZHDALKER posted...

Everyone's perfectly fine playing too much for mario because it's mario it sells on brand name alone, reskin it with a different character and the sales would go down 90%.

So in other words you are just counting quantity on a system that's been out over twice as long and leaving it their because you are bitter because you didn't have the brain power to realize UMDs would be discounted. Got it.

I would say that everyone is totally fine paying just enough for Mario games because they are getting what is, in the end, a very, very good game. But yeah, you are right, gameplay, graphics, style, music and fun you get from Mario titles don't have anything to do with all those sales.
You really annoy me, speaking like this about a game that you have never played.
I never played Call of Duty Declassified and so I am not going to say that it is an awful game, even though there is plenty of evidence to support that.
With Mario, you don't have any evidence to support your point, yet you persist, you stubborn donkey, you.

I am a consumer and I want to be able to play good games on a system I bought. 3DS gives me more opportunities to do so.
I don't care whether it was handicapped or not, I just want good new games.
I also expect the company to respect their customers.
The way that Sony handled PSOne Classics, firmware updates, backward compatibility and memory cards doesn't really float my boat.
First they tell me that I shouldn't install custom firmware on my PSP, then they tell me that all my UMDs are useless and I should have been buying games of off them through PSN, even though UMDs are almost twice as cheap.
With my 3DS I can buy a huge memory card for 40 euros, while with my Vita the same capacity will cost twice as much and I won't be able to just copy stuff from my PC without using that Content Manager abomination.
It feels as if Sony was actively trying to sabotage it's own console at this point.
---
Yes! I am invincible!
#190unknown2226Posted 12/29/2012 10:24:34 PM
unknown2226 posted...
Vita is a disaster V_V 3DS is wiping the floor with the Vita. Kind of the same situation as the PS3 - Sony can have all the power in the world but this will not make it the better selling console or handheld. Example: PS3 and Vita.

lol

Totally agree. Vita performance is lol worthy.

|System | This Week | Last Week | Last Year | YTD | Last YTD | LTD |
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| 3DS | 411.272 | 319.025 | 482.200 | 5.247.532 | 4.084.190 | 9.529.675 |
| WIU | 122.843 | 126.916 | | 557.901 | | 557.901 |
| PSP | 65.859 | 33.002 | 101.121 | 857.713 | 2.016.406 | 19.587.097 |
| PS3 | 47.626 | 42.976 | 75.943 | 1.170.477 | 1.481.696 | 8.806.862 |
| PSV | 21.266 | 14.446 | 72.479 | 670.347 | 397.338 | 1.110.333 |
| WII | 13.049 | 10.346 | 91.176 | 468.874 | 850.375 | 12.632.095 |
| 360 | 1.689 | 1.760 | 4.245 | 75.803 | 113.095 | 1.611.848 |
| PS2 | 928 | 1.102 | 1.582 | 57.035 | 76.355 | 21.831.142 |
| NDS | 745 | 541 | 14.396 | 68.269 | 651.985 | 32.876.755 |
---
GTX 580 SLI - i5 2500k - 8GB RAM - HX1050 - ASRock Z3X3 - HAF 912 - BenQ XL2420TX