Sony fans care only about hardware.

#191gray_fox_00Posted 12/29/2012 10:30:57 PM
If they truly only cared about hardware they would have a gaming PC and laptop not a PS3 and Vita. That's just my thoughts.

Also, acting like you want a civilized thoughtful conversation while resorting to fanboy name calling (ponies) in the same sentence in the lions den seems very contradictory to me.
---
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice
#192DemonDog666Posted 12/29/2012 10:38:16 PM
ZHDALKER posted...
I would say that everyone is totally fine paying just enough for Mario games because they are getting what is, in the end, a very, very good game. But yeah, you are right, gameplay, graphics, style, music and fun you get from Mario titles don't have anything to do with all those sales.
You really annoy me, speaking like this about a game that you have never played.
I never played Call of Duty Declassified and so I am not going to say that it is an awful game, even though there is plenty of evidence to support that.
With Mario, you don't have any evidence to support your point, yet you persist, you stubborn donkey, you.

I am a consumer and I want to be able to play good games on a system I bought. 3DS gives me more opportunities to do so.
I don't care whether it was handicapped or not, I just want good new games.
I also expect the company to respect their customers.
The way that Sony handled PSOne Classics, firmware updates, backward compatibility and memory cards doesn't really float my boat.
First they tell me that I shouldn't install custom firmware on my PSP, then they tell me that all my UMDs are useless and I should have been buying games of off them through PSN, even though UMDs are almost twice as cheap.
With my 3DS I can buy a huge memory card for 40 euros, while with my Vita the same capacity will cost twice as much and I won't be able to just copy stuff from my PC without using that Content Manager abomination.
It feels as if Sony was actively trying to sabotage it's own console at this point.

So then mario does have online and a level editor? You said I don't have any evidence lol, and why not COD is a horrible game especially the vita one.

3DS gives you less opportunities in more time. Vita has more good games then 3DS, 3DS wins in quantity because it's been out longer but quality is a whole different story.

Again anyone with half a brain and the desire to think about what the next psp would be like knew UMDs would go away they were a horrible format and the drive is crap and wouldn't be included in the next one.

And if you lose said 3DS or it gets run over by a car or whatever you lose all your digital games. I'd rather pay more for memory cards then risk losing all my games thank you.
#193ZHDALKERPosted 12/29/2012 10:40:43 PM
And since we are throwing in games with no concrete release dates than allow me to respond:

Ace Attorney 5
BloodRayne: The Shroud
Dragon Quest VII
Lego City Undercover
Professor Layton VS Ace Attorney
Unchained Blades
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Monster Hunter 3
Monster Hunter 4
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers
Shin Megami Tensei 4
Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan
Code of Princess
Bravely Default: Flying Fairy
Project X Zone
---
Yes! I am invincible!
#194MotiJr(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2012 10:46:25 PM
If they truly only cared about hardware they would have a gaming PC and laptop not a PS3 and Vita. That's just my thoughts.

Also, acting like you want a civilized thoughtful conversation while resorting to fanboy name calling (ponies) in the same sentence in the lions den seems very contradictory to me.

How so? It is apparently perfectly fine to use such terms. Would you say that those who go on and on about superior hardware are hypocrites for bashing the 3ds for it's hardware (it is weaker than Vita, that isn't a secret), when they are defending a console instead of being pc gamers??

I honestly believe that the hardware junkies and graphics whores are the ones who are ruining the game industry. Games like Skyrim, for example, were built with having such graphical prowess that they were rendered unplayable due to poor execution. Looking at graphically impressive snow is great for about a minute but having lag when entering and navigating menus/ shortcut menus (anything but shortcuts), ridiculous glitches etc. in a game just ruins the experience and overall quality.

Despite this, the only thing I seem to hear nowadays is 60fps this and shaders that blah blah blah. As far as I'm concerned, if you are that obsessed with graphics, buy a PC.
---
Fanboys are a cancer to gaming but Sony fanboys are a particularly aggressive and repulsive form.
#195ZHDALKERPosted 12/29/2012 10:46:53 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
ZHDALKER posted...

I am a consumer and I want to be able to play good games on a system I bought. 3DS gives me more opportunities to do so.
The way that Sony handled PSOne Classics, firmware updates, backward compatibility and memory cards doesn't really float my boat.
First they tell me that I shouldn't install custom firmware on my PSP, then they tell me that all my UMDs are useless and I should have been buying games of off them through PSN, even though UMDs are almost twice as cheap.
With my 3DS I can buy a huge memory card for 40 euros, while with my Vita the same capacity will cost twice as much and I won't be able to just copy stuff from my PC without using that Content Manager abomination.
It feels as if Sony was actively trying to sabotage it's own console at this point.

So then mario does have online and a level editor? You said I don't have any evidence lol, and why not COD is a horrible game especially the vita one.

3DS gives you less opportunities in more time. Vita has more good games then 3DS, 3DS wins in quantity because it's been out longer but quality is a whole different story.

Again anyone with half a brain and the desire to think about what the next psp would be like knew UMDs would go away they were a horrible format and the drive is crap and wouldn't be included in the next one.

And if you lose said 3DS or it gets run over by a car or whatever you lose all your digital games. I'd rather pay more for memory cards then risk losing all my games thank you.

Mario has excellent levels and there is no need for a level editor. And while online would be nice, most of the fun is derived when you play with friends. Like, in the same room.
I can see that you like Little Big Planet very much, enough of that. I already got it.
As for the amount of good games, I know that I won't be able to make you see my point without you throwing around insults.
And, lastly, what the hell are you talking about?
You do know that the same applies to any other handheld, right?
---
Yes! I am invincible!
#196DemonDog666Posted 12/29/2012 10:48:25 PM
ZHDALKER posted...
And since we are throwing in games with no concrete release dates than allow me to respond:

Ace Attorney 5
BloodRayne: The Shroud
Dragon Quest VII
Lego City Undercover
Professor Layton VS Ace Attorney
Unchained Blades
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Monster Hunter 3
Monster Hunter 4
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers
Shin Megami Tensei 4
Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan
Code of Princess
Bravely Default: Flying Fairy
Project X Zone

Um Code of princess, Scribblenauts Unlimited are already out (even in NA) and BloodRayne: The Shroud was cancelled I believe yep

http://bloodrayne.wikia.com/wiki/BloodRayne:_The_Shroud

and even before removing those mine is still bigger.
#197MotiJr(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2012 10:51:42 PM
MotiJr posted...
Would you say this is an accurate observation? I ask because the only argument I see is 3ds might sell more but Vita has better hardware. One person even uses a fast food analogy in their Sig

If the Vita was weaker than or equal to the 3ds, would you buy it? Personally, I think it's a sad situation when people will only purchase a gaming device because it has x power. It is for this reason that last gen had good games but lacked originality or that innate fun factor. I like good graphics and smooth gameplay but it's all pointless when the game just doesn't feel exciting or fresh.

I assume ponies are gonna feel heartbroken by my opinion but I don't care. This is a discussion and you can contribute like a mature, mentally sound person or you can throw a tantrum and look like an idiot.

wasn't hardware the reason everyone and their grandpa bought an xbox? Oh, and just so you know trying to start an argument but saying you dont really care about other people's opinion means that you're only here to throw a tantrum and look like an idiot.

That makes no sense whatsoever. If you feel I'm trying to start an argument then clearly you're the one with the issues. Why so defensive? Oh right, I can only make a topic here if it praises Sony >_>
---
Fanboys are a cancer to gaming but Sony fanboys are a particularly aggressive and repulsive form.
#198MotiJr(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2012 10:53:39 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
ZHDALKER posted...

Mario has excellent levels and there is no need for a level editor. And while online would be nice, most of the fun is derived when you play with friends. Like, in the same room.
I can see that you like Little Big Planet very much, enough of that. I already got it.
As for the amount of good games, I know that I won't be able to make you see my point without you throwing around insults.

Stop replying to him please. You're giving him all the attention he wants and I blocked him for a reason so I would prefer if you didn't then start quoting him. (Yes I'm aware I just quoted him myself)
---
#199DemonDog666Posted 12/29/2012 10:55:49 PM
MotiJr posted...

How so? It is apparently perfectly fine to use such terms. Would you say that those who go on and on about superior hardware are hypocrites for bashing the 3ds for it's hardware (it is weaker than Vita, that isn't a secret), when they are defending a console instead of being pc gamers??

I honestly believe that the hardware junkies and graphics whores are the ones who are ruining the game industry. Games like Skyrim, for example, were built with having such graphical prowess that they were rendered unplayable due to poor execution. Looking at graphically impressive snow is great for about a minute but having lag when entering and navigating menus/ shortcut menus (anything but shortcuts), ridiculous glitches etc. in a game just ruins the experience and overall quality.

Despite this, the only thing I seem to hear nowadays is 60fps this and shaders that blah blah blah. As far as I'm concerned, if you are that obsessed with graphics, buy a PC.

Don't mistake hardware junkies for graphics whores. I like a game with high performance, fast paced with alot going on at 60 fps I don't particularly care how graphically impressive it is as long as it is acceptable. People don't realize that better hardware does (or atleast can) mean better gameplay.

ZHDALKER posted...

Replay value isn't a reason, to appeal to the people that make mod mario levels isn't a reason?

Why are you talking like online and in same room multiplayer are mutually exclusive and it's impossible to have both in a game?

More like I can't get you to see my point because your bias is blinding you.

vita not having a UMD drive was obvious for years before it was announced, whining about it now is just bad form.

No it doesn't apply to other handhelds, if your vita gets destroyed or lost you only lose the one game that is in it you can redownload all your games via psn when you replace it, but Nintendo thought it'd be a good idea to tie all the games to your system as an antipiracy feature and that accounts aren't needed.
#200Nightmare637Posted 12/29/2012 10:58:06 PM
I don't usually agree with Demondog but that last point of his is actually pretty accurate.