Sony fans care only about hardware.

#201ZHDALKERPosted 12/29/2012 11:00:16 PM
DemonDog.

I do not live in North America.
Bloodrayne hasn't been cancelled, it is on hold.
And, I believe, the same can be said about FFX HD and Shin Megami Tensei, which haven't got just as much info on them.
I can counter by saying that Ninja Gaiden, Final Fantasy, Sly Cooper and a couple of JRPGs are all ports but instead I shall say this:
I am tired of this.
I shall not reply anymore.
You can consider yourself a winner.
I shall go and smash all my Nintendo consoles with a sledgehammer, burn the remains and then sanitize my flat.
Long live Vita. Yay.
---
Yes! I am invincible!
#202elkenPosted 12/29/2012 11:00:18 PM
EffectAndCause posted...
Vita has better games than 3DS in my opinion and is a vastly superior gaming system in fact.

/topic

Agreed here 100%

Best Vita games here:
http://i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv355/elkenm13/PSV15bestgames.jpg

~.^
---
Fav Genre: JRPG / Fav Consoles: Sony & Nintendo / Fav Handheld: PSVita
#203gray_fox_00Posted 12/29/2012 11:04:10 PM
MotiJr posted...
If they truly only cared about hardware they would have a gaming PC and laptop not a PS3 and Vita. That's just my thoughts.

Also, acting like you want a civilized thoughtful conversation while resorting to fanboy name calling (ponies) in the same sentence in the lions den seems very contradictory to me.

How so? It is apparently perfectly fine to use such terms. Would you say that those who go on and on about superior hardware are hypocrites for bashing the 3ds for it's hardware (it is weaker than Vita, that isn't a secret), when they are defending a console instead of being pc gamers??

I honestly believe that the hardware junkies and graphics whores are the ones who are ruining the game industry. Games like Skyrim, for example, were built with having such graphical prowess that they were rendered unplayable due to poor execution. Looking at graphically impressive snow is great for about a minute but having lag when entering and navigating menus/ shortcut menus (anything but shortcuts), ridiculous glitches etc. in a game just ruins the experience and overall quality.

Despite this, the only thing I seem to hear nowadays is 60fps this and shaders that blah blah blah. As far as I'm concerned, if you are that obsessed with graphics, buy a PC.

I don't agree with those people resorting to name calling/fanboy labeling while defending their beloved systems either, and I never said it was ok that they did that.

I just found it particularly funny that you asked for mature conversions calling out the idiot fanboy tantrums all while being the first to resort to name calling.

I do happen to agree with you that the graphical demands placed on games are ruining the industry though. So much dev time and resources that could be going into making a fun innovative game or bug fixing get moved into making it pretty. That and the "we can patch it later" mentality so many devs have taken to, finding it perfectly ok to release a broken game to the world.
---
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice
#204DemonDog666Posted 12/29/2012 11:08:26 PM
ZHDALKER posted...
DemonDog.

I do not live in North America.
Bloodrayne hasn't been cancelled, it is on hold.
And, I believe, the same can be said about FFX HD and Shin Megami Tensei, which haven't got just as much info on them.
I can counter by saying that Ninja Gaiden, Final Fantasy, Sly Cooper and a couple of JRPGs are all ports but instead I shall say this:
I am tired of this.
I shall not reply anymore.
You can consider yourself a winner.
I shall go and smash all my Nintendo consoles with a sledgehammer, burn the remains and then sanitize my flat.
Long live Vita. Yay.

Well then I can add like 10 more vita games that haven't hit EU yet. (I assume EU because japan has more not less)

No it's cancelled. It's not coming back, and it's a shame I enjoyed blood rayne betrayal and no the same can't be said for FFX HD or Shin Megami Tensei, games not getting info after announced/leaked for awhile is the norm, a game being announced that it's on hold means it's cancelled almost always. Was FFX HD announced on hold or Shin Megami Tensei? No.

sly cooper is a multiplat and you could but it'd make you a hypocrite.

You can't fool me, you aren't actually going to do that.
#205MotiJr(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2012 11:22:58 PM
MotiJr posted...
If they truly only cared about hardware they would have a gaming PC and laptop not a PS3 and Vita. That's just my thoughts.

Also, acting like you want a civilized thoughtful conversation while resorting to fanboy name calling (ponies) in the same sentence in the lions den seems very contradictory to me.

How so? It is apparently perfectly fine to use such terms. Would you say that those who go on and on about superior hardware are hypocrites for bashing the 3ds for it's hardware (it is weaker than Vita, that isn't a secret), when they are defending a console instead of being pc gamers??

I honestly believe that the hardware junkies and graphics whores are the ones who are ruining the game industry. Games like Skyrim, for example, were built with having such graphical prowess that they were rendered unplayable due to poor execution. Looking at graphically impressive snow is great for about a minute but having lag when entering and navigating menus/ shortcut menus (anything but shortcuts), ridiculous glitches etc. in a game just ruins the experience and overall quality.

Despite this, the only thing I seem to hear nowadays is 60fps this and shaders that blah blah blah. As far as I'm concerned, if you are that obsessed with graphics, buy a PC.

I don't agree with those people resorting to name calling/fanboy labeling while defending their beloved systems either, and I never said it was ok that they did that.

I just found it particularly funny that you asked for mature conversions calling out the idiot fanboy tantrums all while being the first to resort to name calling.

I do happen to agree with you that the graphical demands placed on games are ruining the industry though. So much dev time and resources that could be going into making a fun innovative game or bug fixing get moved into making it pretty. That and the "we can patch it later" mentality so many devs have taken to, finding it perfectly ok to release a broken game to the world.

Well I don't consider pony to be name calling but whatever. As far as I know, it's the technical term for a sony fanboy, just like people throw drone and xbot around.

The reason I enjoy Nintendo systems is because they don't focus on power. I enjoyed my ps1 but Sony has changed too much. If any games interest me in the future and money warrants, I might get a vita but for me, games like Crash Bandicoot will always be better than Uncharted and all this new age rubbish that just lacks any depth.

Also, people can go around calling games like New Super Mario Bros. U a rehash but they are dead wrong. I hated the game when it was first revealed. I thought it was pointless but after seeing some other people playing and trying it myself, I realised I had allowed myself to become the jaded gamers I hate. The game is amazingly deep and looks beautiful too. Not exaggerating when I say it has been a while since I had fun to that level, when playing a game.
---
Fanboys are a cancer to gaming but Sony fanboys are a particularly aggressive and repulsive form.
#206The_LimitPosted 12/30/2012 12:00:18 AM
Since when did Sly Cooper become multi-platform?
---
PSN: TheLimit32 - Persona 4 Golden
Yukiko... She's my everything... http://anime.ap.teacup.com/jump-333-2/timg/middle_1348179017.jpg
#207Nightmare637Posted 12/30/2012 12:01:41 AM
The_Limit posted...
Since when did Sly Cooper become multi-platform?

theres a PS3 version. it's cross buy.
#208MagoichiPosted 12/30/2012 12:14:19 AM
Well I don't consider pony to be name calling but whatever. As far as I know, it's the technical term for a sony fanboy, just like people throw drone and xbot around.

It's all name calling since they are pejoratives, though. None of them contribute to an argument directly, and rarely can they strengthen anyone's persuasive points besides with like-minded people who already felt the same way, or similar.
#209MarkaSparkaPosted 12/30/2012 12:51:42 AM
This has been a great topic for leveling up my ignore list. You Nintendo/Sony fantrolls are seriously nauseating. It's you children (or man-children) that give gamers a bad name by acting like juvenile brats arguing in the schoolyard. Do you know what regular people see when they read your posts? No-life losers who argue about whose toy is better. I'm done with the Vita and 3DS boards. I'm done. I'm gonna go back to the boards where adults talk. None of you should bother responding to me because you're probably on my ignore list and I'm not coming back to this board any time soon anyway. Thanks for rustling my jimmies these last few weeks, you bunch of pathetic kids.
---
I once was many things, but now I am only several.
#210gray_fox_00Posted 12/30/2012 3:52:47 AM
Magoichi posted...

It's all name calling since they are pejoratives, though. None of them contribute to an argument directly, and rarely can they strengthen anyone's persuasive points besides with like-minded people who already felt the same way, or similar.

Thank you. You get the point I'm trying to make. It's like talking to a wall in here. It's like going to an international chat room and throwing out slurs in a "mature" topic asking what country is better and wondering why no one is taking me seriously.

Not remotely the same severity by any means, but the same concept. They're all labels commonly used in a derogatory/inflammatory manner (I'm sure you felt nothing but love for the idiot ponies throwing tantrums as you so elegantly put it TC) and contributes nothing to a serious mature argument.

My point having been, using those labels and wanting a serious mature conversation is a big contradiction.

Also, stereotyping Sony "fans" (fans not fanboys, two very different things) doesn't help me take you seriously at all.
---
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice