Sony fans care only about hardware.

#71MotiJr(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2012 9:48:48 AM
Heavysack posted...
ThePonyCollie posted...
MotiJr posted...
Would you say this is an accurate observation? I ask because the only argument I see is 3ds might sell more but Vita has better hardware. One person even uses a fast food analogy in their Sig

If the Vita was weaker than or equal to the 3ds, would you buy it? Personally, I think it's a sad situation when people will only purchase a gaming device because it has x power. It is for this reason that last gen had good games but lacked originality or that innate fun factor. I like good graphics and smooth gameplay but it's all pointless when the game just doesn't feel exciting or fresh.

I assume ponies are gonna feel heartbroken by my opinion but I don't care. This is a discussion and you can contribute like a mature, mentally sound person or you can throw a tantrum and look like an idiot.

Confirmed Drone. Useless topic.

Word, horrible topic should be burned at the stake its so bad. Worst thing is talking to somebody who has no idea what they're talking about. How did this topic go to Bayonetta, LOL. Sony fans have a patterned of sending death threats ? Why to ###### generalize cause people were to busy playing GOD OF WAR 3 to even give a flying ####
about Bayonetta on the PS3. All the reviews dissed the PS3 version, LOL.

"But but it was the Sony fanboys", this is a new low.

Chose the tantrum route too huh? Carry on. It's like seeing those kids at the supermarket crying and screaming over a bar of chocolate. His opinion isn't the same as mine so burn him for witchcraft.
---
Fanboys are a cancer to gaming but Sony fanboys are a particularly aggressive and repulsive form.
#72lordcloudxPosted 12/29/2012 9:49:06 AM
For my fix of "exciting and fresh" games with that "innate fun factor" I like to check out what games for Windows PCs came out for Comiket every year. I also like to follow the doujin and indie game scene and I haven't been disappointed with gems such as Touhou Hisouten Soku and Aquaria. Some of them have even been ported to home consoles such as that Seacats fighter and Suguri.

As far as commercial games go, I prefer more traditional shmups, fps, rpgs, fighters and the like instead of every other game company trying to reinvent the wheel.

I don't game on consoles anymore ever since the PS2 era and have been mainly using an NDS and PSP for gaming, but I still prefer console-type games. This is why I liked the PSP's console-type games a little bit better than the ones which were available on the NDS, although I loved the metroidvania games and the NDS's traditional JRPG library over that of the PSP. As far as the 3DS and Vita were concerned, I'm planning to get both systems eventually, but I just wasn't sure which one to get first. I chose a Vita after much internal deliberation.

With the Vita, Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F was the clincher for me as well as its library of fighting games, which IMO at the time I acquired it (Just before the launch of SF x Tekken) already had a better library of fighters than either the PSP or the NDS. I'm not really a fan of the Tekken games and prefer traditional 2D fighters and Blazblue on PSP was a big disappointment as far as the graphics were concerned.

Undeniably though, the promise of better graphics due to better hardware also drew me in. I don't have much experience with either an Xbox 360 or a PS3, so the only lines of comparison I could draw upon were the NDS and PSP games I had as well as streaming videos of PS3/360 replays. Personally, I'm not disappointed with the graphics on current vita games since they really are miles ahead of anything the PSP could do.

As far as games go, the 3DS might have a bigger library of games than the Vita, but the only games I'm really interested in right now for that system are Mario Tennis Open and the Streetfighter IV and Dead or Alive ports, which weren't enough to justify the purchase of a 3DS over a Vita for me (I will buy a 3DS eventually, though). It was a tough choice deciding between the two, but ultimately Miku rendered with better graphics than in the PSP Project Diva games gave Vita a slight edge -- that along with negative points for the 3DS for being region-locked.

If the Vita was equal to the 3DS, I'd probably have an even harder time deciding between which of them I would go for first since that would mean that there's little point in upgrading my PSP which still has a few unfinished console-type games with (what I assume) more or less the same graphics as a Vita with hardware equal to the 3DS... though, I'd probably still eventually pick the Vita for Miku depending on the price tag.
---
http://www.jaded-perspectives.com - My personal gaming blog
#73ZeroXravenPosted 12/29/2012 9:49:15 AM
I own both so I really could care less about all the chit chat and banter between people acting like their handheld stick is larger than someone elses. Like really, if you enjoyed your system so much you wouldn't be on a forum 24/7 whining or bragging in favor of one of them. It's childish to say the least...
#74MotiJr(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2012 9:52:20 AM
lordcloudx posted...
For my fix of "exciting and fresh" games with that "innate fun factor" I like to check out what games for Windows PCs came out for Comiket every year. I also like to follow the doujin and indie game scene and I haven't been disappointed with gems such as Touhou Hisouten Soku and Aquaria. Some of them have even been ported to home consoles such as that Seacats fighter and Suguri.

As far as commercial games go, I prefer more traditional shmups, fps, rpgs, fighters and the like instead of every other game company trying to reinvent the wheel.

I don't game on consoles anymore ever since the PS2 era and have been mainly using an NDS and PSP for gaming, but I still prefer console-type games. This is why I liked the PSP's console-type games a little bit better than the ones which were available on the NDS, although I loved the metroidvania games and the NDS's traditional JRPG library over that of the PSP. As far as the 3DS and Vita were concerned, I'm planning to get both systems eventually, but I just wasn't sure which one to get first. I chose a Vita after much internal deliberation.

With the Vita, Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F was the clincher for me as well as its library of fighting games, which IMO at the time I acquired it (Just before the launch of SF x Tekken) already had a better library of fighters than either the PSP or the NDS. I'm not really a fan of the Tekken games and prefer traditional 2D fighters and Blazblue on PSP was a big disappointment as far as the graphics were concerned.

Undeniably though, the promise of better graphics due to better hardware also drew me in. I don't have much experience with either an Xbox 360 or a PS3, so the only lines of comparison I could draw upon were the NDS and PSP games I had as well as streaming videos of PS3/360 replays. Personally, I'm not disappointed with the graphics on current vita games since they really are miles ahead of anything the PSP could do.

As far as games go, the 3DS might have a bigger library of games than the Vita, but the only games I'm really interested in right now for that system are Mario Tennis Open and the Streetfighter IV and Dead or Alive ports, which weren't enough to justify the purchase of a 3DS over a Vita for me (I will buy a 3DS eventually, though). It was a tough choice deciding between the two, but ultimately Miku rendered with better graphics than in the PSP Project Diva games gave Vita a slight edge -- that along with negative points for the 3DS for being region-locked.

If the Vita was equal to the 3DS, I'd probably have an even harder time deciding between which of them I would go for first since that would mean that there's little point in upgrading my PSP which still has a few unfinished console-type games with (what I assume) more or less the same graphics as a Vita with hardware equal to the 3DS... though, I'd probably still eventually pick the Vita for Miku depending on the price tag.

Thanks for the worthwhile read. I was beginning to think the mature, thought out posts would never show up.
---
Fanboys are a cancer to gaming but Sony fanboys are a particularly aggressive and repulsive form.
#75Tzuba12Posted 12/29/2012 9:56:31 AM(edited)
Heavysack posted...
Tzuba12 posted...
Heavysack posted...
LightHawKnight posted...
Heavysack posted...

I'm talking about Tzuba12 ? Are you stupid ?

And you quote the guy who quoted my post? So you are blind.

I was talking about Tzuba12. I agreed with your post, seriously wow XD

I think you need to go reread everything, because if you're agreeing with him, you're agreeing with me, since he's said the same things I have.

Yeah, my bat. I thought he was Otaku. Really ? Putting the blame on Sony fans for Bayonetta death threats ? Really ? you know they really didn't give a #### about that game. We have GOD OF WAR for crying out loud. I think you guys are mad we didn't give a ####. I think that's the real issue.

What does God of War have to do with anything?

And I didn't say they were the ONLY people sending death threats, but if we go by what has happened before, they are MORE LIKELY to do it especially coupled with the fact that:
1.Bayonetta has a bigger install base on the ps3 than the 360 (obviously reviews didn't matter since this was the case)
2. Sony fanboys (notice how I say FANBOYS not FANS) have a history of doing this before.
3. The posts I saw on twitter were of people complaining and getting mad that it wasn't on the PS3, not the 360.

Seriously, you shouldn't even be getting mad unless you consider yourself a Sony fanboy. Fanboys are always bad, but with my experience, Sony fanboys are the worst.

Sony FANS are fine.
---
an atheist scowling at a cheat code. he growls. "....GOD MODE?!"
#76Tzuba12Posted 12/29/2012 9:55:27 AM
lordcloudx posted...

*claps*
---
an atheist scowling at a cheat code. he growls. "....GOD MODE?!"
#77ServantOfErieosPosted 12/29/2012 9:55:38 AM
Lord_Vishana posted...
Well, this escalated quickly...

Both systems are great(hardware wise) and have a nice library.

*jumps out of topic*

Isn't this the part, where you namedrop Suikoden, as being superior to persona out of nowhere?

lol
---
Lord Erieos is coming...
#78Lord_VishanaPosted 12/29/2012 9:56:34 AM
Heavysack posted...
ThePonyCollie posted...
MotiJr posted...
Would you say this is an accurate observation? I ask because the only argument I see is 3ds might sell more but Vita has better hardware. One person even uses a fast food analogy in their Sig

If the Vita was weaker than or equal to the 3ds, would you buy it? Personally, I think it's a sad situation when people will only purchase a gaming device because it has x power. It is for this reason that last gen had good games but lacked originality or that innate fun factor. I like good graphics and smooth gameplay but it's all pointless when the game just doesn't feel exciting or fresh.

I assume ponies are gonna feel heartbroken by my opinion but I don't care. This is a discussion and you can contribute like a mature, mentally sound person or you can throw a tantrum and look like an idiot.

Confirmed Drone. Useless topic.

Word, horrible topic should be burned at the stake its so bad. Worst thing is talking to somebody who has no idea what they're talking about. How did this topic go to Bayonetta, LOL. Sony fans have a patterned of sending death threats ? Why to ###### generalize cause people were to busy playing GOD OF WAR 3 to even give a flying ####
about Bayonetta on the PS3. All the reviews dissed the PS3 version, LOL.

"But but it was the Sony fanboys", this is a new low.

Serious question. Why is it perfectly fine for you and others to call people 'Drones' then become absolutely livid over someone calling you a 'Pony'. To clarify I loathe both terms and I never use them.

Both terms are inflammatory and only result in an inevitable flame war.

Look, it's fine to love or support Sony or Nintendo. Supporting one over the other doesn't necessarily make you drone or pony, it merely conveys a preference, everyone is entitled to one and shouldn't be attacked for it. Take myself for instance, I'm partial to Nintendo but I also buy Sony systems. I may not care for Sony as a company but they make some nice gaming systems.
---
Official Wood Elf Druid of the NDF and KDF Balthier Basched his Penelo into Fran's Ashe in the back of the Vaan
#79xKYSxPosted 12/29/2012 9:57:30 AM
I'm glad my vita is still collecting dust because it gave me time to play some of the 3DS games that is coming out in couple months.

But seriously, I bought a vita for RO Odyssey and that's pretty much only game I have for it lol. vita seriously need to pick up some games man because atm it still sucks imo.
#80ZekrixPosted 12/29/2012 9:59:14 AM
xKYSx posted...
I'm glad my vita is still collecting dust because it gave me time to play some of the 3DS games that is coming out in couple months.

But seriously, I bought a vita for RO Odyssey and that's pretty much only game I have for it lol. vita seriously need to pick up some games man because atm it still sucks imo.

And here i thought the smart responses wouldn't start showing up.
---
Proud member of Team Galactic ~The True G~