How can P4G be the best game ever when it's not even the best SMT game?

#21Lord_VishanaPosted 12/30/2012 11:01:55 AM
ServantOfErieos posted...
Whitecat007 posted...
OtakuGamera posted...
Post up SMT review scores.

you called?

http://www.atlus.com/res/p4g_faithful_reviews_1.jpg

Oh look now its quiet in here : D

Post up review scores of the games they're talking about.

ROFLTANKS!!!, talk about getting SERVED in your own DAMN, topic.

ggs SMT trolls

I seriously hope you aren't referring to me...
---
Official Wood Elf Druid of the NDF and KDF Balthier Basched his Penelo into Fran's Ashe in the back of the Vaan
#22ServantOfErieosPosted 12/30/2012 11:07:39 AM
Lord_Vishana posted...
Whitecat007 posted...
OtakuGamera posted...
Post up SMT review scores.

you called?

http://www.atlus.com/res/p4g_faithful_reviews_1.jpg

Oh look now its quiet in here : D

Post up review scores of the games they're talking about.

ROFLTANKS!!!, talk about getting SERVED in your own DAMN, topic.

ggs SMT trolls

I seriously hope you aren't referring to me...

lol
---
Lord Erieos is coming...
#23rockman202Posted 12/30/2012 11:09:26 AM(edited)
Lord_Vishana posted...
rockman202 posted...
Wow, this guy is like the hipster of the SMT fandom... "I liked SMT before it got cool with Persona 3/4"

Many people are relatively new to the Persona series(myself included). Yes I did play the core series before the entire universe became popular, that doesn't make someone a hipster....

No, but flaunting it does, I played Nocturne before I played P3, not for very long mind you because I was at a friends house, but I don't go around flaunting that people who think P4 is the best of the SMT games are not true fans of the series because they haven't played the other games.
#24ServantOfErieosPosted 12/30/2012 11:17:06 AM(edited)
SMT troll A seems bewildered...

*main character's turn*

*casts myriad truths

*Watches Trolls vanish one after the other ITT.
---
Lord Erieos is coming...
#25Lord_VishanaPosted 12/30/2012 11:28:21 AM

*main character's turn*

*casts myriad truths

Seriously, what is with you? Can't you accept the fact that people have differing opinions. Never have I nor anyone else in this topic spoken ill of Persona. I'm absolutely loving P4G honestly. I still care for the main series more. That doesn't make me or anyone else who shares my opinion a troll.
---
Official Wood Elf Druid of the NDF and KDF Balthier Basched his Penelo into Fran's Ashe in the back of the Vaan
#26AkagehisaPosted 12/30/2012 11:32:03 AM(edited)
All SMT games has itīs strong points, no doubt about it, but P4 is the most critically aclaimed SMT game by a large margin. thats a fact.
#27shampoowarriorPosted 12/30/2012 11:29:48 AM
rockman202 posted...
Lord_Vishana posted...
rockman202 posted...
Wow, this guy is like the hipster of the SMT fandom... "I liked SMT before it got cool with Persona 3/4"

Many people are relatively new to the Persona series(myself included). Yes I did play the core series before the entire universe became popular, that doesn't make someone a hipster....

No, but flaunting it does, I played Nocturne before I played P3, not for very long mind you because I was at a friends house, but I don't go around flaunting that people who think P4 is the best of the SMT games are not true fans of the series because they haven't played the other games.

The joke is that it will never be cool.

The only question is do you prefer your uncool SMT games to be high school dating sims about the power of friendship, laughing at fat people, and learning to play instruments in three days... or a bleak, challenging demon-infested apocalypse?
---
Official Alice of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
http://backloggery.com/shampoowarrior
#28Whitecat007Posted 12/30/2012 11:31:09 AM
Lord_Vishana posted...

*main character's turn*

*casts myriad truths

Seriously, what is with you? Can't you accept the fact that people have differing opinions. Never have I nor anyone else in this topic spoken ill of Persona. I'm absolutely loving P4G honestly. I still care for the main series more. That doesn't make me or anyone else who shares my opinion a troll.

Who said your name and said troll right next to it ?
#29Lord_VishanaPosted 12/30/2012 11:37:41 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#30Nickcool1996Posted 12/30/2012 11:57:43 AM
*sigh*

Mentions of hipsters, opinions > opinions, fanboys...

Unanswered questions, failure to understand others...

What is wrong with you people?

It doesn't matter what order you played them in; preferences are preferences.

As for myself, I've played all the Persona games 'cept 1, P4G, P3P, and P3. On the other side, I played SMT 1-SJ. After playing both, I enjoy the SMT series more (even 1 and 2, and I played them after P3 FES and P4).

Sims in RPGs are fine, but I will always like RPGs with the better atmosphere and gameplay. <---Opinion.

As far as reviews go, the SMT series have 80+ on Metacritic, while the Persona series have 75+ on Metacritic. Why? Because P2 is "outdated" and brought the minimum down. P3 and P4 have high 80s to 90, with P4G having the highest rating at 94.

Nocturne (and the spinoff series Digital Devil Saga), would not be rated more by the general populace because of that (oh, and the art is "dated" too), even though some believe the press-turn battle system and bosses in those games are superior to other games.

Still, opinions are opinions. Playing all the games is recommended. None of them are bad, none of them are perfect.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Nickcool1996?feature=mhum
http://i.imgur.com/cw8ao.jpg