How can P4G be the best game ever when it's not even the best SMT game?

#51PrinnyGod_Posted 12/30/2012 2:37:39 PM
I hear so many people saying that P4G is the greatest game ever. That is completely false. While I love majority of the main SMT games and it's spinoffs, I can only place Persona games in the mid-tier at best. I just can't place it any higher due to the existence of the main SMT series (especially Nocturne) and the Devil Survivor series.

People should really stop saying things like this now. There are people who aren't very familiar with SMT games and they might get the wrong idea..

>Devil Survivor better than Persona 4.

That game was horrible, even ragnarok tactics is a better turn based strategy rpg than devil survivor.
---
I'm not really a god, dood. Please don't tell anyone.
#52youngskillzPosted 12/30/2012 2:57:28 PM
Zwei79 posted...
Digital devil saga is the BEST!!!!!

amen!

dds series and smt III/nocturne were some of the best dark rpg's ever created.

atlus has gone downhill ever since.....an i'm sure even they know it.

shame really....i don't even really care about anything smt nowadays...since it's usually on the ds and in first person view...which is crap compared to dds an nocturne.

news flash atlus! most of us don't like the horrid first person old school view point...
---
Melodic Death Bands OTM -- Dream of Unreality, Saint of Disgrace, I Spit Ashes, Cipher System, Catch The Sun, Mors Principium Est, Dorgmooth, Disese Illusion.
#53IlluminoiusPosted 12/30/2012 3:06:15 PM
PrinnyGod_ posted...
That game was horrible, even ragnarok tactics is a better turn based strategy rpg than devil survivor.

trolls aren't supposed to make themselves obvious
#54SilverWingZetaPosted 12/30/2012 3:27:21 PM
MikeHawkfOu posted...
I hear so many people saying that P4G is the greatest game ever. That is completely false. While I love majority of the main SMT games and it's spinoffs, I can only place Persona games in the mid-tier at best. I just can't place it any higher due to the existence of the main SMT series (especially Nocturne) and the Devil Survivor series.

People should really stop saying things like this now. There are people who aren't very familiar with SMT games and they might get the wrong idea..

It's called an opinion jack off, this is like complaining why Justin Beiber is popular right now.
---
Sometimes I just watch the boards burn
http://thewindyloung.blogspot.com/ (new review Persona 4 Golden)
#55Lord_KagatoPosted 12/30/2012 3:40:11 PM
MikeHawkfOu posted...

Let me put this post through my bulsht-o-meter!

"Many people are praising Persona 4 as one of the best games ever. I think that is false, but I intend to cause much anger by making my opinion out as a proven fact... but not provide evidence to it, of course. After all, i do love the majority of SMT games and spinoff titles, but I'm not a personal fan of the Persona titles... so therefore it's only natural that they must be only decent at best. After all, I need to make sure I continue treating my opinions as fact if I want to gain more attention. Devil Survivor and Nocturne are my personal favorites, so they aren't merely my favorite games, they ARE the better games, period! Anyone else is wrong!

People should really stop having opinions that are different from my own because that would mean that every human has his/her own thoughts and feelings. The world would be so much better if people just agreed with me. Instead, I hate everyone that doesn;t agree with me."
---
Watch my LPs and UMvC3's Courtroom Drama! - http://tinyurl.com/bo7nxnx
Current LPs: Majora's Mask, Fatal Frame 2, Persona 3 FES
#56SilverWingZetaPosted 12/30/2012 3:50:29 PM
youngskillz posted...
Zwei79 posted...

amen!

shame really....i don't even really care about anything smt nowadays...since it's usually on the ds and in first person view...which is crap compared to dds an nocturne.

news flash atlus! most of us don't like the horrid first person old school view point...

then don't play SMT 1 and 2 :P
---
Sometimes I just watch the boards burn
http://thewindyloung.blogspot.com/ (new review Persona 4 Golden)
#57StealthlysPosted 12/30/2012 3:50:54 PM
TCs right.
#58G3cko360Posted 12/30/2012 3:58:59 PM
I wish they'd port DDS 1 and 2 to the Vita.
---
PSN: SufferThorn
#59CaptainMoosePosted 12/30/2012 4:00:25 PM
youngskillz posted...
Zwei79 posted...

amen!

Sounds like someone's butthurt that the haven't played DS 1&2 and wont get to play Soul Hackers or IV. Poor baby.
#60XImperialDragonPosted 12/30/2012 4:06:20 PM
When the hell did Shin Megami Tensei become so popular that it has its own group of hipsters and anti-hipsters?

I now see this fanbase becoming more like the Tales of fanbase in the future, and that's not a good damn thing.
---
Sony bought Konami and will release a DDR game for the Nintendo DS. In this game, you set your DS on the floor and stomp on it till it no longer functions.