My Vita Game Of The Year is Gravity Rush is it yours to?

#21trollhunter2Posted 12/31/2012 2:39:28 PM
gamer22rpg posted...
I think I'll have to go with Persona 4 Golden. I loved the Gravity Rush demo but after playing the real game it started to get dull fast. Didn't help how short and easy it was.

gravity rush was easy?
---
Official Alundra of PSASBR Board
just add me psn: Naijaplaya
#22trollhunter2Posted 12/31/2012 2:40:36 PM
NotCeo posted...

Gravity Rush wins the award for being the most hyped up mediocre game of the year.

i bet that many critics and gamers would disagree with you on this one
---
#23gamer22rpgPosted 12/31/2012 2:41:43 PM
trollhunter2 posted...
gamer22rpg posted...
I think I'll have to go with Persona 4 Golden. I loved the Gravity Rush demo but after playing the real game it started to get dull fast. Didn't help how short and easy it was.

gravity rush was easy?

It was easy for me, what part gave you a challenge?
---
Non-believers are saying he was caught in place of TC. I, however, have faith. Asian man can never be defeated. ~SmidgeIsntBack
#24NotCeoPosted 12/31/2012 2:41:52 PM
trollhunter2 posted...
gamer22rpg posted...

gravity rush was easy?

Extremely easy, with the exception of the third rare Navi. Even that fight was easy if you just ran back to the health respawn.
#25NotCeoPosted 12/31/2012 2:46:21 PM
trollhunter2 posted...
NotCeo posted...

Gravity Rush wins the award for being the most hyped up mediocre game of the year.

i bet that many critics and gamers would disagree with you on this one

And many would agree with me. I'm not saying it's bad, it's just average, and nowhere near as good as some users on this board make it out to be.
#26mike_411Posted 12/31/2012 2:47:28 PM
Lord_Vishana posted...
mike_411 posted...
my pick is, of course, Persona 4 Golden.

I concur. :-)

Slight spoiler...

Drunk Yukiko was the cutest thing ever

you sound so much like one of my other friends that it's almost creepy sometimes. D:

I swear you two sound the same when you post things. xD
---
Hardcore Naoto fan.
That neko costume was just purrfectly unbearable~
#27DalekZeroPosted 12/31/2012 2:47:34 PM
my fav is virtues last reward. i know its not a vita exclusive title, but i don't care.

the thing that sets it apart from other games, even games with multiple endings, is the way that it handles going back to choose another ending. Some endings can only be unlocked if the player has completed another ending, because the player has the knowledge that could have only be obtained from that timeline. so if I figure out that a password unlocks X, i could never encounter X in that timeline. But if i go back and choose a different option, i could be in a timeline where X is encountered, but unless i know what the password is (unless ive completed the first timeline) i can't continue.

plus its cool when your MC goes all meta on you, talking about the possibility of "going back in time" (which you do because you're making different decisions).

overall, a great story, with deep, interesting, and psychological content. I liked gravity rush and P4G, but dammit, this game kept me up to 3 AM, and none of the other vita games did that.
#28trollhunter2Posted 12/31/2012 2:47:59 PM
NotCeo posted...
trollhunter2 posted...
gamer22rpg posted...

gravity rush was easy?

Extremely easy, with the exception of the third rare Navi. Even that fight was easy if you just ran back to the health respawn.

So now easy= mediocre or what? Jeez anyway @gamer22rpg I remember having problems against: Raven(first fight), Alias, Nushi(f*ck him) and that annoying nevi destroyer boss battle
---
#29NotCeoPosted 12/31/2012 2:54:06 PM
trollhunter2 posted...
NotCeo posted...
trollhunter2 posted...
gamer22rpg posted...

gravity rush was easy?

So now easy= mediocre or what? Jeez anyway @gamer22rpg I remember having problems against: Raven(first fight), Alias, Nushi(f*ck him) and that annoying nevi destroyer boss battle

Being a pushover definitely lowered my opinion of the game, as did awkward controls and a disjointed and forgettable story. It did have a unique art style, which was great but I think that was the only part of the game that stands out in any positive way.
#30trollhunter2Posted 12/31/2012 2:58:04 PM
NotCeo posted...
trollhunter2 posted...
NotCeo posted...
trollhunter2 posted...
gamer22rpg posted...

gravity rush was easy?

as did awkward controls and a disjointed and forgettable story.

the controls arent awkward, its just that u suck at them. Basic controls like press the R button to float and use the analog stick or gyroscope to choose the direction is awkward now? Wow
---