Vita vs 3DS Version 2

#21squatch22Posted 1/2/2013 7:37:42 AM
Zendaik posted...
Mister Money posted...
Vita. I stopped playing or using any Nintendo related console, handheld or game after the GBA. Nintendo DS and all its iterations like the gimmick 3DS are not for me.

Isn't the Vita gimmicky too since it also has a touch screen (and a back touchpad)?

U forget, everything is a gimmick until Sony use it.
---
Dog posted: I know I have bias...
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#22arclouks_xPosted 1/2/2013 7:37:58 AM
pikachupwnage posted...
LuminescentRule posted...
How many good games did the 3DS even get this year? Serious question.

3DS 0
Vita 0

Because its not 2012 anymore which I think you forgot. Its the 2nd of Janurary. 2013

Dat logic is so good
---
PSN:arclouksx -playing:Unit 13,Legend of dragoon,ff6,kz3mp.
http://rebelallianceclan.com/signatures/RAarclouksx.png
#23ZendaikPosted 1/2/2013 7:44:31 AM(edited)
OtakuGamera posted...
Isn't the Vita gimmicky too since it also has a touch screen (and a back touchpad)?

not really no

What makes it not gimmicky compared to the 3DS? The fact that it was made by Sony?

The whole gimmick talk is such nonsense, like a touchscreen (and/or a touchpad) being a control option along with buttons kills a whole game or something.
---
Monster Hunter Tri, Kid Icarus: Uprising IDs: Kirolos
#24Lord_VishanaPosted 1/2/2013 7:48:50 AM
OtakuGamera posted...

not really no

I distinctly remember when the DS was announced and people were intrigued by the touch screen. Sony fans(and others as well) called it a terrible gimmick that would never become popular on a portable device. Fast-forward to 2013 when touch screens are ubiquitous and mandatory to basically any electronic device. So if Nintendo uses it then it's a gimmick, if Sony or another company does it isn't.

I wonder if a new iteration of the Vita introduces glassesless 3D then will the 3D effect in the 3DS still be a gimmick or will it be 'the next step in innovation'. Furthermore, the rear touch screen is very much a gimmick.
---
Official Wood Elf Druid of the NDF and KDF Balthier Basched his Penelo into Fran's Ashe in the back of the Vaan
#25xfactorPosted 1/2/2013 8:08:14 AM
Lord_Vishana posted...
OtakuGamera posted...

not really no

I distinctly remember when the DS was announced and people were intrigued by the touch screen. Sony fans(and others as well) called it a terrible gimmick that would never become popular on a portable device. Fast-forward to 2013 when touch screens are ubiquitous and mandatory to basically any electronic device. So if Nintendo uses it then it's a gimmick, if Sony or another company does it isn't.

I wonder if a new iteration of the Vita introduces glassesless 3D then will the 3D effect in the 3DS still be a gimmick or will it be 'the next step in innovation'. Furthermore, the rear touch screen is very much a gimmick.

I remember one particular Sony kid said (during one of those years) how touch screen is not innovative or exciting since it is on ATM too, lol. I forgot who wrote that, but I wonder where is he and what's his viewpoint on the vita now.
---
www.capcom.co.jp/bio6
#26OtakuGameraPosted 1/2/2013 8:11:46 AM
What makes it not gimmicky compared to the 3DS? The fact that it was made by Sony?

i just dont feel it's a gimmick, you use it to navigate the homescreen and to type out message, pretty useful if you ask me. dont know about 3ds never tried it myself. something gimmicky would be like kinect and wii's motion control.
---
PSVita no games? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/64767381
http://www.atlus.com/res/p4g_faithful_reviews_1.jpg
#27ZendaikPosted 1/2/2013 8:14:49 AM
OtakuGamera posted...

i just dont feel it's a gimmick, you use it to navigate the homescreen and to type out message, pretty useful if you ask me. dont know about 3ds never tried it myself. something gimmicky would be like kinect and wii's motion control.

OK, fair enough. I thought you were gonna be one of the people that criticize the DS/3DS for using a "gimmicky" touch screen but praise the Vita for doing the same.
---
#28Lord_VishanaPosted 1/2/2013 8:18:40 AM
OtakuGamera posted...

So you made an assertion about a primary aspect of the 3DS without knowledge of how it functions? I'm curious have you ever played a DS? The touch screen functions the same way as the Vita one. You scroll through the menu, type messages, make art ect.
---
Official Wood Elf Druid of the NDF and KDF Balthier Basched his Penelo into Fran's Ashe in the back of the Vaan
#29WhiteSword7Posted 1/2/2013 8:20:23 AM
This poll is the complete version by marvel and capcom
"Ultimate Vita vs 3DS 2 !!"
---
PSN: Derrysan360-US
Please Message me first via PSN, because Random friend request will be deleted
#30ZendaikPosted 1/2/2013 8:22:59 AM
Lord_Vishana posted...
OtakuGamera posted...

So you made an assertion about a primary aspect of the 3DS without knowledge of how it functions? I'm curious have you ever played a DS? The touch screen functions the same way as the Vita one. You scroll through the menu, type messages, make art ect.

You're talking to the wrong poster.
---