Vita vs 3DS Version 2

#41Rishah0078Posted 1/3/2013 9:14:52 PM
I prefer the 3DS by far, but the Vita is still a very nice system IMO.
#42flame030191Posted 1/3/2013 9:20:41 PM
My 3DS collected dust for months, where my Vita gets used daily.

So it essentially boils down to fun gaming on a powerful system, or 3D dust :/
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
Sonic Adventure 2 = the last GOOD Sonic game.
#43Zero_ManiacPosted 1/3/2013 10:41:01 PM
I like the Vita better, but I think I may hold off on one until a revision comes out. So that Sony has a chance to iron out all the bugs and other stuff.
---
Currently wanting: A lot of Vita games/accessories!
PSN: Zero_Maniac623
#44singhellotakuPosted 1/3/2013 10:43:03 PM
Vita's the better handheld, 3DS has the better lineup
#45xfactorPosted 1/3/2013 11:20:46 PM
OtakuGamera posted...
What makes it not gimmicky compared to the 3DS? The fact that it was made by Sony?

i just dont feel it's a gimmick, you use it to navigate the homescreen and to type out message, pretty useful if you ask me. dont know about 3ds never tried it myself. something gimmicky would be like kinect and wii's motion control.

PS3 move controller a gimmick confirmed?
---
www.capcom.co.jp/bio6
#46NnamzPosted 1/3/2013 11:26:59 PM
LuminescentRule posted...
How many good games did the 3DS even get this year? Serious question.

Considering we're 4 days into the year?
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 4527 - 7250 - 9769 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#47flame030191Posted 1/3/2013 11:33:06 PM
How is tee Vita more "gimmicky" than 3DS? The touch capabilities? This is taken from the DS, phones, ipods, etc, only done better in a gaming aspect (multi-touch, rear touch to keep screen open, etc). The dual analog sticks, which simply makes gaming easier, especially for shooters? Seriously, go play Call of Duty on the DS or Medal of Honor on the PSP. Notice how the controls is the most difficult thing to get used to? The second analog stick makes this possible. The only "gimmick" it really has is 3G, which is entirely optional and you can get a cheaper model that doesn't support it if 3G doesn't interest you.

How about that 3D? New model for a larger screen? A dozen colors? None of that exists on Vita, and are simply gimmicks Nintendo used in the 3DS.
---
#48NnamzPosted 1/3/2013 11:37:06 PM
flame030191 posted...
How is tee Vita more "gimmicky" than 3DS? The touch capabilities? This is taken from the DS, phones, ipods, etc, only done better in a gaming aspect (multi-touch, rear touch to keep screen open, etc). The dual analog sticks, which simply makes gaming easier, especially for shooters? Seriously, go play Call of Duty on the DS or Medal of Honor on the PSP. Notice how the controls is the most difficult thing to get used to? The second analog stick makes this possible. The only "gimmick" it really has is 3G, which is entirely optional and you can get a cheaper model that doesn't support it if 3G doesn't interest you.

How about that 3D? New model for a larger screen? A dozen colors? None of that exists on Vita, and are simply gimmicks Nintendo used in the 3DS.

This whole gimmick thing is so hilarious. It's like the fanboys from either side switched sides.

PSP vs DS

PSP Fanboys: DS is so gimmicky with it's 2 screens and microphone and stuff.
DS Fanboys: It's called INNOVATION!!! It's not gimmicks! Nintendo is innovating!

Vita vs 3DS

3DS Fanboys: Vita is so gimmicky with it's back touch pad and front touch screen.
Vita Fanboys: It's called INNOVATION! They're not gimicks! Sony is innovating!

Being on this site for as long as I have, it's just funny to see this sort of stuff.
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 4527 - 7250 - 9769 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#49flame030191Posted 1/3/2013 11:37:19 PM
LuminescentRule posted...
How many good games did the 3DS even get this year? Serious question.

Depends, how good is Mario? If he's amazing, you have plenty to choose from. If you're like me and are just getting tired of same stuff month after month, then none really. Even Pokemon, which is almost as milked as Mario, couldn't be bothered to appear on 3DS.
---
#50flame030191Posted 1/3/2013 11:46:27 PM
Nnamz posted...
flame030191 posted...

This whole gimmick thing is so hilarious. It's like the fanboys from either side switched sides.

PSP vs DS

PSP Fanboys: DS is so gimmicky with it's 2 screens and microphone and stuff.
DS Fanboys: It's called INNOVATION!!! It's not gimmicks! Nintendo is innovating!

Vita vs 3DS

3DS Fanboys: Vita is so gimmicky with it's back touch pad and front touch screen.
Vita Fanboys: It's called INNOVATION! They're not gimicks! Sony is innovating!

Being on this site for as long as I have, it's just funny to see this sort of stuff.

I was never on the PSP/DS wars as I thought both those systems were crap. DS had literally no games that interested me and PSP only had Dissidia and God of War that were good IMO.

Now the 3DS vs Vita war. Yes, both sides have "gimmicks" to them, but that's what makes them sell. 3DS has 3D, Vita does not. 3DS has a dozen colors to choose from, Vita does not. 3DS already has a redesign out, Vita has yet to have one announced. These three factors don't really affect the gameplay or even how the system functions, they're simply there to attract the crowd who feels its amazing.

Vita has Dual sticks, 3DS does not. Vita has 3G, 3DS does not. Vita has a rear touch panel, 3DS does not. These features are technically "gimmicks", but do help out gameplay and features. The only one in question is 3G, which even Sony has admitted is not a necessary feature by offering a cheaper version without it, and not forcing it on the version that does support it. The dual sticks makes gameplay easier where a single stick or none at all wouldn't help. The touchpad helps gameplay by allowing the screen to be free and open, or allowing more control over a game. Still not an excellent feature, but it still has a clear purpose.

So which do you think is more "gimmicky"? The one that uses them for cosmetic design, or the one that uses them to enhance the functionality of the system?
---