Vita vs 3DS Version 2

#51MMaestroPosted 1/3/2013 11:00:37 PM
flame030191 posted...
The touchpad helps gameplay by allowing the screen to be free and open, or allowing more control over a game. Still not an excellent feature, but it still has a clear purpose.

So which do you think is more "gimmicky"? The one that uses them for cosmetic design, or the one that uses them to enhance the functionality of the system?

I'm not sure how swiping your finger across the screen mid-gameplay enhances the functionality of the system.
#52flame030191Posted 1/3/2013 11:03:32 PM
MMaestro posted...
flame030191 posted...
The touchpad helps gameplay by allowing the screen to be free and open, or allowing more control over a game. Still not an excellent feature, but it still has a clear purpose.

So which do you think is more "gimmicky"? The one that uses them for cosmetic design, or the one that uses them to enhance the functionality of the system?

I'm not sure how swiping your finger across the screen mid-gameplay enhances the functionality of the system.

Go ask the guys at Nintendo that, theyre the ones who decided it would be a good idea for gaming to have it. Sadly, all they have to do is say its a good idea, and millions of people will agree with them :/
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
Sonic Adventure 2 = the last GOOD Sonic game.
#53NathanisDrakePosted 1/4/2013 2:07:27 AM
Even on the Vita board, the 3ds is still kicking its arse!
---
http://i.imgur.com/iGtSX.png http://i.cubeupload.com/F9TsUH.gif
Vita PSN : NateisD
#54embrandedonePosted 1/4/2013 2:54:04 AM
Meh, I'll hold out for Vita vs 3DS version 3: The Quickening
#55Megaman OmegaPosted 1/4/2013 5:23:09 AM
Vita vs. 3DS version 3 is out already:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/65074187
---
The Vita sold 1.200.000 units in week 1. - Sailor Goon
76.322 to 70.744 is a 70% drop. - Sailor Goon
#56McMarblesPosted 1/4/2013 8:00:58 AM
OtakuGamera posted...
Isn't the Vita gimmicky too since it also has a touch screen (and a back touchpad)?

not really no

Remember, when Sony does nonstandard things we call it "innovation".
---
Currently playing: Tales of the Abyss
Rainbow Dash is best pony. Fact.
#57McMarblesPosted 1/4/2013 8:08:13 AM
flame030191 posted...
MMaestro posted...
flame030191 posted...

Go ask the guys at Nintendo that, theyre the ones who decided it would be a good idea for gaming to have it. Sadly, all they have to do is say its a good idea, and millions of people will agree with them :/

I have never seen anyone backpedal so hard before.

"Vita uses the touch screen for REAL IMPORTANT STUFF!"

"...yeah, not really, not the way it's currently implemented."

"...well, um... BUBUBUBU NINTENDO DID IT THAT WAY FIRST!'
---
Currently playing: Tales of the Abyss
Rainbow Dash is best pony. Fact.
#58shampoowarriorPosted 1/4/2013 8:21:24 AM
flame030191 posted...
3DS has 3D, Vita does not. 3DS has a dozen colors to choose from, Vita does not. 3DS already has a redesign out, Vita has yet to have one announced. These three factors don't really affect the gameplay or even how the system functions, they're simply there to attract the crowd who feels its amazing.

Vita has Dual sticks, 3DS does not. Vita has 3G, 3DS does not. Vita has a rear touch panel, 3DS does not. These features are technically "gimmicks", but do help out gameplay and features. The only one in question is 3G, which even Sony has admitted is not a necessary feature by offering a cheaper version without it, and not forcing it on the version that does support it. The dual sticks makes gameplay easier where a single stick or none at all wouldn't help. The touchpad helps gameplay by allowing the screen to be free and open, or allowing more control over a game. Still not an excellent feature, but it still has a clear purpose.

Lol at the rear touch panel and 3G enhancing the functionality of the system.

And calling 3DS colors and redesign gimmicks?

This might come as a bit of a shock, but the Vita is out in more than one color as well and launched with two SKUs. The difference is that the second Vita SKU has totally worthless 3G and the second 3DS SKU drastically increases the screen real estate so that the top screen alone is almost as big as the Vita's screen.

They both have gyroscope, cameras, and AR. I would call those gimmicks which so far have added little of value to any game. The gyroscope has the highest potential since the cameras and, because of the cameras, the AR are bad on both systems.

3DS has the dual screens still, which can be used to great effect. The 3D is arguably more useful than 3G as far as gaming, though it is not a game-changer. 3DS has an add-on that adds a second stick and two more shoulder buttons. The extra shoulder buttons are as big of a deal as the second stick, imo.
---
Official Alice of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
http://backloggery.com/shampoowarrior
#59st-tchesPosted 1/4/2013 8:23:21 AM
Vita lost in its own board? Wow...

And seriously? To the 3DSXL?? All Nintendo does is re-release new versions of its new consoles that never need to ****ing exist. If there needs to be an XL version of everything, why not make that the standard size? Or release them at the same time as two options of the same system, not two systems, it's stupid as **** and people just buy into it -_-
#60flame030191Posted 1/4/2013 8:26:17 AM
st-tches posted...
Vita lost in its own board? Wow...

And seriously? To the 3DSXL?? All Nintendo does is re-release new versions of its new consoles that never need to ****ing exist. If there needs to be an XL version of everything, why not make that the standard size? Or release them at the same time as two options of the same system, not two systems, it's stupid as **** and people just buy into it -_-

Bbbbbbb-but the Vita has two separate models that are so completely different out, where the 3DSXL enhances EVERYTHING

/sarcasm.

Really, the mentality of trolls and idiots never ceases to amaze me.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
Sonic Adventure 2 = the last GOOD Sonic game.