Why do ppl prefer retail over digital download?

#1Orient33Posted 1/2/2013 11:12:11 AM
I'm wondering which method to use...
---
C2 FC: (Orient) 3310-7730-0201
#2Hydra_Gundam_Posted 1/2/2013 11:13:26 AM
To save space and so they can handle their physical games.

I download if the game is only like 1GB
---
PSN: HYDRAGUNDAM-
#3yankee6903Posted 1/2/2013 11:15:19 AM
Save space on those expensive mem cards
Case and such are nice to look at
Collecting
Resale...I can buy a game for 40, not like it or beat it, and sell for 25
---
PSN: nightshade6903 GT:nightshade6903
I am not a Republican or a Democrat, I am a conservative
#4CrazyFunkyMasaoPosted 1/2/2013 11:17:20 AM
I'm buying retail whenever I can because I don't want to buy more of those horribly overpriced memorycards. I use my storagespace for games I can't get physically like PSP and PSX titels.
---
Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts 3D & LittleBigPlanet Vita
#5darkphiresagePosted 1/2/2013 11:17:41 AM
retail advantages: game sharing, cheaper mem cards, trade in

DD advantages: all games at your fingertips, no switching carts, no risk of breaking/losing carts
---
vita board has literally 1 or 2 trolls - GoombaX (he was absolutely serious)
#6este914Posted 1/2/2013 11:21:02 AM
Ehh... For a device like this... I dunno... Either one... I dunno...
Sony DOES have an awesome library of games both past and present but you cannot find HALF of them on the PS Store! examples; PS1 section none of the Crash Bandicoot games are available... A HUGE figure in the PS1 era and the games are no where to be found. On PSP; none of the Syphon Filter games are there... So while the catalog is undoubtedly out there, we cannot have access to it!
This is especially horrible if Sony does not give us any other way to play our original disks on the Vita. (give us a way to convert the disks from the PS3 onto a workable format on the Vita) As a long time Sony PS customer and supporter I am appalled by this. I have hundreds of games in my PS collection (spanning from PS1 to PS2, PSP, PS3 etc) but I can't use any of my original disks in accordance with the Vita? And on top of that, when I actually am WILLING to rebuy the game in the PS store, it is not there?

MAJOR problem in my book....
---
-> este914 <-
WHO ELSE?!
#7Lightning_fanPosted 1/2/2013 11:24:56 AM
Cheaper... Although retail is annoying you pay a premium many times unfortunatley for digital.

PC gamers get the greatness of Digital over Retail with greatly reduced prices though.
#8TinyTim123Posted 1/2/2013 11:27:59 AM
I'm weird in that I like being able to actually interact with things I supposedly own. I dunno, but I feel extremely uncomfortable with just having my name on an imaginary list of games that can be taken from me for any (remember when PSN was down for months?) or no reason at all... and if you read the TOS you know your access to PSN can be stripped for no reason at all.

That having been said, I have come to the conclusion that in the future, things I am going to play a bit at a time, like fighting games, are fine digital. I never sell games so that isn't an issue,. but I DO like being able to lend my friend or brother a copy of my game so that they can play. Stuff my brother and I are likely to play ad-hoc together I think I am going to buy digital from now on. as we both use the same PSN. It started with him having a PS3 and me a Vita, and my not caring about online play, but then he decided he liked it and got a Vita as well. So instead of buying Ragnarok Odyssey once physically and once digitally, I could have just saved money and bought it digitally.
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#9thesnoopmeisterPosted 1/2/2013 11:29:29 AM
I prefer retail on Vita due to memory cost.

I prefer digital on PS3 due to disc grinding getting annoying.
---
PSN - thesnoopmeister
#10poopfeasts420Posted 1/2/2013 11:29:58 AM
I like to have a collection to look at that's really it. Digital is really convenient though
---
I AM DAVE EXCLAMATION MARK YOGNAUGHT