Why do ppl prefer retail over digital download?

#41crawdadPosted 1/5/2013 10:28:07 AM
I the DD servers are ever shut down, i won't ever lose my games.

Also generally cheaper, Like an above poster said, PC it's way cheaper for DD and it's ridiculously easy to back up so you never lose it, or it's hosted on other servers, legally or otherwise, not that it matters since i paid for the game any way.
---
i7 920| GTX 560ti 1280MB Twin Frozr III 448 Core OC| 12GBRAM | 24"1920x1200 | EarthWatts500W
Gamertag:Gojirra PSN Gojirra102 steamcommunity.com/id/crawdad
#42thompsontalker7Posted 1/5/2013 11:54:31 AM
I use digital because I feel like I should be using all the space on my 32GB card. Also I don't have any friends with Vitas so the sharing aspect like with my PS3 is out of the question.
---
Not removing this until Dr. Dre's Detox album is out. 11/22/08
THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK THY HAND IN TV, DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT!
#43marsvalientPosted 1/5/2013 12:00:15 PM
Various reasons that are either rooted in money or in paranoia.
---
Vita: Sonic All Stars Racing, Dream C Club 0 Portable, Soul Sacrifice Demo
PS3: Way of the Samurai 4, Gal*Gun, Farcry 3
#44LightHawKnightPosted 1/5/2013 12:50:20 PM
Cheaper, and you actually own something that can not be taken away unless someone breaks into your house and steals it.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#45MwarriorHieiPosted 1/5/2013 7:12:47 PM
defunct32 posted...
FayeLady posted...
Because a digital collection assumes Sony will still be in business to provide you with it, you will always have an internet connection, and that Sony's DRM servers will always be there.

The fact that you can't even back content up to your own PC without a connection to Sony's DRM server is telltale that one day they will be unavailable.

Wait, so if I download a game digitally I will have to stay connected to the internet at all time in order to play it? So I can't play it outside (Vita Wi-Fi set here). Unless I read your message wrong.

Nope, its not that extreme. You can play it without being connected, you just can't back up the game to your pc (or restore a game from your pc) without being connected to Sony.

some game do that though. people couldnt play bionic commando rearmed for the entire apocalyps3 because it can only be played when logged into the psn.
---
o.o