Do Sales matter?

#111crawdadPosted 1/3/2013 9:53:39 PM
Sales matter period. If it costs you more to keep it alive than it does to let it die because you're not getting the revenue, then sales matter.

It's just now all these numbers mean different things. Like it was less costly to produce and develop a N64 or PS1 game than it is for you to do the same for a PS3 or 360 game.

What with Publishing, advertising, Licensing dev kits, Physics engines, graphic engines, paid employees for non indie devs, Distribution.

These are costs the vita are facing that are much larger than they were for other systems back in the day, the industry is huge now. Soy needs to sell in order to make this profitable for them. Plain and simple. If it's costing them more to do all that than they're making off of sales then what's the point in keeping it alive. The problem is it doesn't feel like Sony is doing enough to keep it alive or to make it profitable for themselves.

They're spending more time and money trying to protect their assets from second hand sales and piracy when neither of those things hurt the 150+ Million PS2s and mega millions they sold and made on the PS1, instead of using that same money to ntice developers and indie developers and into making games for it, or on proper advertising to the consumer to make it a desirable product. They're going for the luxury appearance, something that's cool but don't need, when they should make it something the consumer thinks they need.

Otherwise they're going to tank and disappear and sell off everything and become the next sega.
---
i7 920| GTX 560ti 1280MB Twin Frozr III 448 Core OC| 12GBRAM | 24"1920x1200 | EarthWatts500W
Gamertag:Gojirra PSN Gojirra102 steamcommunity.com/id/crawdad
#112PlayaMadeTxn05Posted 1/3/2013 10:25:36 PM
DunGoofd posted...
PlayaMadeTxn05 posted...
archedsoul posted...
PlayaMadeTxn05 posted...
@limped er archedsoul

And I now see where your ability to have a constructive conversation stops.

And please, show me where I b****. And by b****, do you mean defend the Vita itself or gaming as a whole? Or attacking the same group of people who attack other people relentlessly?

And while you show me how I post in every single Media Create (lol) b****, why don't you add in everyone else who posts with the exact same type of comments.

I'll wait.

You do that. It's obvious the person that's b****ing and whining won't realize what he's doing, especially on the Vita boards for very obvious reasons, come on, that much is common sense. No need to try and play the victim here like always.

Perhaps if I gave a ****, I'd waste my time showing you, but even that is not necessary since your reputation speaks for itself.

lol Thought so.

We don't have to look further than the topic under this, for example

PlayaMadeTxn05 posted...
Again, as I stated before, trolling is trolling. It doesn't matter what system you have. I mean, do I really have to spell it out? I never said he didn't own any of the systems. But the way he constantly talks about Sony and Vita, that would give someone reason to believe he has an issue with both things.

And Mega, I can't believe we got to you enough for you to go on a two-post rant lmao. I see you really care for Ace. That's very sweet of you. And again, how did I lie when I said along the lines of? Because if I wouldn't have actually wrote that, he would've responded one of those ways. And to prove it, he deflected completely to the "prove I've said that before" defense.

Be upset at me all you want, but the way yall post says it all lol

Again, crying like in every topic because people attacked his precious Sony. Trying to defend their honor and ****, lmfao. Also funny he uses the ""prove I've said that before" defense" in this topic and attacks someone else for doing the same in another.

lmfao

What's really funny is if you've seen what I've posted before, numerous times actually, I am also upset that Sony is mucking up the Vita the way they are. But then again, you seem like the person to just post without knowing what you're talking about, so I can't help you there.

And that's your example of someone crying? lol Alrighty then. What that looks like is a definition of a word, and a response to a poster who quoted me. But I guess if anyone responds to anyone, they're whining in your book, huh?

And if you could read correctly, I asked him to show me examples of what he thought my "whining" was. I even gave him a couple of examples of things I normally talk about about to help him decipher between stating something and whining about something. And of course, he couldn't show me any. Ace on the other hand just said, "prove I said that", with nothing else to offer.

You sir, seem to have a liking to me = ) And I'm not even a troll/fanboy. I just call it like I see it.
---
"You still play SNES & Genesis games? Yeah, they are terrible by today's standard. Graphics sells .. like it or not." - nariusseldon
#113DunGoofdPosted 1/3/2013 11:03:15 PM
PlayaMadeTxn05 posted...

What's really funny is if you've seen what I've posted before, numerous times actually, I am also upset that Sony is mucking up the Vita the way they are. But then again, you seem like the person to just post without knowing what you're talking about, so I can't help you there.

And that's your example of someone crying? lol Alrighty then. What that looks like is a definition of a word, and a response to a poster who quoted me. But I guess if anyone responds to anyone, they're whining in your book, huh?

And if you could read correctly, I asked him to show me examples of what he thought my "whining" was. I even gave him a couple of examples of things I normally talk about about to help him decipher between stating something and whining about something. And of course, he couldn't show me any. Ace on the other hand just said, "prove I said that", with nothing else to offer.

You sir, seem to have a liking to me = ) And I'm not even a troll/fanboy. I just call it like I see it.

rofl

Second meltdown in this topic confirmed. I think you need to lay off the internet since you're a little too sensitive for it.
#114PlayaMadeTxn05Posted 1/3/2013 11:06:52 PM
DunGoofd posted...
PlayaMadeTxn05 posted...

rofl

Second meltdown in this topic confirmed. I think you need to lay off the internet since you're a little too sensitive for it.

= / Dude, really? You're one of those type of posters? Eesh. You got it man. It's all yours.
---
"You still play SNES & Genesis games? Yeah, they are terrible by today's standard. Graphics sells .. like it or not." - nariusseldon
#115DunGoofdPosted 1/3/2013 11:10:28 PM
PlayaMadeTxn05 posted...
DunGoofd posted...
PlayaMadeTxn05 posted...

rofl

= / Dude, really? You're one of those type of posters? Eesh. You got it man. It's all yours.

Typical "no u" response. Clever.
#116MarkCohenBrosPosted 1/3/2013 11:19:45 PM
lol @PlayaMadeTxn05 tryna damage control his whining everywhere he posts.
#117LightHawKnightPosted 1/3/2013 11:47:03 PM
How the hell could sales not matter?
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#118NathanisDrakePosted 1/4/2013 2:10:09 AM
LightHawKnight posted...
How the hell could sales not matter?

Well, if your preferred system isn't selling...
---
http://i.imgur.com/iGtSX.png http://i.cubeupload.com/F9TsUH.gif
Vita PSN : NateisD
#119FKRW4LifePosted 1/4/2013 3:54:13 AM
DunGoofd posted...
PlayaMadeTxn05 posted...
DunGoofd posted...
PlayaMadeTxn05 posted...

rofl

Typical "no u" response. Clever.

Lol, where do they dig you trolls up. I would be fascinated to know what trolls like you, Nathan, mega, and Cohen do for a living. I can't see any of you being meaningful contributors to society based on your pessimistic and insulting demeanors online. The butthurt you all must display in real life must make you living jokes to anyone who has encountered you.

Hope this helps btw.

*Gallops off because he has transformed into a pony for insulting basement trolls.
---
Vita Flopic creators = schadenfreude
Legit discussion on sales = intelligent debate
#120FKRW4LifePosted 1/4/2013 3:56:32 AM
Oh and dungoof, who is an alt of an account that's been suspended numerous times due to nuclear meltdowns of extreme butthurt levels. LMAO!!
---
Vita Flopic creators = schadenfreude
Legit discussion on sales = intelligent debate