Do Sales matter?

#31MarkCohenBrosPosted 1/2/2013 7:54:00 PM(edited)
Megamanspet posted...
Sales matter to the company. Sales matter to the people who buy it cause it is a popular product aka fad purchase.

Sales do not matter to the true customer: Those who buy for the joy and experience obtained such as from the games of three different generations.

From a psychological point: Sales can help sooth the mind who worry they wasted their money without more content to come due to the handheld project being abandoned.

No, a true customer is mindful of the sales and how they can cut off all of your 'joy' if support disappears. In fact I would say "Those who buy for the joy and experience" are partially delusional and trying to ignore reality in this case if sales don't matter to them.
#32archedsoulPosted 1/2/2013 7:56:06 PM
FKRW4Life posted...
Sales are most important to insecure people who believe the rise and fall of video game companies/consoles actually affect their personal lives. Kinda like sports team fans who actually believe that the failures or the success of their favorite team is somehow linked to them drinking beer and eating hamburgers while shouting at their tv.

Hope this helps!

The butthurt is strong in this post.
#33fourgigmanPosted 1/2/2013 7:57:05 PM
Sales don't matter to us true gamers, which would be most of us here.
Just touching on the Wii subject, my girl was desperate to have one because her friends had one.
So we went ahead and got one with Wii sports and fit and a singing title.
This was back around August last year. She played it about 2 hours first night, one hour second night and hasn't been touched ever since.

$300 well spent huh
/facepalm
---
Contender Eliminated.
#34Natureboy99Posted 1/2/2013 7:58:35 PM
Sales matter after the first 2 years for 3rd party original games. Vita will get original first party and third party ports of ps3 games regardless of sales. Vita is just too easy/cheap to port from ps360. If sales are strong enough, we will see more original stuff from 3rd parties. Also I think Vita will keep getting lots of indy support regardless of sales. In any event, Vita is totally worth it at this point.
---
Voted class of 2079 most likely to abuse time travel
#35EdwardHohenheimPosted 1/2/2013 8:02:15 PM
Natureboy99 posted...
Sales matter after the first 2 years for 3rd party original games. Vita will get original first party and third party ports of ps3 games regardless of sales. Vita is just too easy/cheap to port from ps360.

Love how you say all this with such confidence without backing any of it up.
#36Natureboy99Posted 1/2/2013 8:04:16 PM
kyncani posted...
Starwars4J posted...
kyncani posted...
I have a DS and a Wii and I can tell you that sales don't matter.
The Wii especially is a useless piece of plastic.

The DS has the highest rated library in gaming history, trying to insult that just makes you look bad

Calm down Starwars4J. The DS had good games but I certainly did not enjoy it because it sold well.

Also, its the DS. Ratings scale to the platform, and as a platform ds was weak. A 10 on ds is a 7-8 on psp. Dont get me wrong, I really enjoyed my ds. But it comes in 5th place for me behind GB, GBA, PSP, and Vita.
---
Voted class of 2079 most likely to abuse time travel
#37supercaculoPosted 1/2/2013 8:06:53 PM
TC invent a product. Then take a loan for 100,000.00. Then invest all in your product. then you can tell if sales matter or not. simple as that.
---
circle circle square circle = you are dead.
#38LuminescentRulePosted 1/2/2013 8:10:00 PM
ROI on software matters more than hardware sales or software sales per se.
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/EmperorLawlight.png
#39FKRW4LifePosted 1/2/2013 8:10:38 PM
archedsoul posted...
FKRW4Life posted...
Sales are most important to insecure people who believe the rise and fall of video game companies/consoles actually affect their personal lives. Kinda like sports team fans who actually believe that the failures or the success of their favorite team is somehow linked to them drinking beer and eating hamburgers while shouting at their tv.

Hope this helps!

The butthurt is strong in this post.

You can always tell when you strike a nerve with someone insecure. Bravo for your post :D
---
Vita Flopic creators = schadenfreude
Legit discussion on sales = intelligent debate
#40fourgigmanPosted 1/2/2013 8:10:45 PM
supercaculo posted...
TC invent a product. Then take a loan for 100,000.00. Then invest all in your product. then you can tell if sales matter or not. simple as that.

Yes sales matter to the company.
---
Contender Eliminated.