Do Sales matter?

#51Enigma149Posted 1/2/2013 10:07:22 PM
LemonKweenstaaa posted...
Natureboy99 posted...
Ratings scale to the platform

You say it so confidently as if it has any ounce of truth to it.

A 10 on ds is a 7-8 on psp.

Using this logic, any DS game that was reviewed to be flawless (which covers ANY standard) would only be "good" on PSP.

And in the case of multiplats, the DS version would always, 100% of the time, be superior.

Herpaderpaderp.

That's how it goes with video game fans (actually, I've only noticed it on Sony fans, but I'm assuming the principle applies across the board).

Games get better ratings on your preferred system? "Look - this proves that our games are the best!"
Games get worse ratings on your preferred system? "Well, ratings scale to platforms. Our games are really better - reviewers are just taking pity on the other systems."
---
3DS:4897-5935-1924; NNID: CrimsonEnigma; PSN: CrimsonEnigma (not currently in use)
'If you think a system will make you look mature, you ain't mature' -squatch
#52hyperknees91Posted 1/2/2013 10:14:31 PM
Funny to hear about the PSX and PS2 didn't make much profit for sony. Did the PSP make a profit or did they screw up there too?

But yeah I loved my psp and ds, hoping the same can happen with the vita and 3ds (haven't bought either because I'm still waiting on some more personal preference games).
---
JUS FC 2019-5866-6015
Brawl FC 3823-8182-8990
#53kdiz4321Posted 1/2/2013 10:21:32 PM
hyperknees91 posted...
Funny to hear about the PSX and PS2 didn't make much profit for sony. Did the PSP make a profit or did they screw up there too?

But yeah I loved my psp and ds, hoping the same can happen with the vita and 3ds (haven't bought either because I'm still waiting on some more personal preference games).

I'm wondering about that too. I thought that both of those systems were very profitable, but the combined cost of R&D for the PS3 and the heavy loss on each sale (plus the fact that they couldn't get anyone to buy it even at the reduced price) wiped out that profit. So whoever posted that needs to list a source or I call BS.

As for the PSP, I think that was profitable since it sold so well in Japan but I don't really know.
---
I am not an early adopter. If your system is as awesome as you say it is, it will still be in stores when the games I want are out.
#54MuhammadJAPosted 1/2/2013 10:33:29 PM
I don't care about sales. So far, the Vita has enough games to satisfy me for 3 or 4 more years.
---
Welcome to GameFAQs, home of the Drama Queens.
Where you can get modded for stating your opinion.
#55360pagesPosted 1/2/2013 10:40:01 PM
hyperknees91 posted...

No, they made a huge profit on those systems. They just lost it all with the PS3 slow start. And unlike the PS3, the Vita doesn't have a large amount of money Sony can pump into to make more exclusives to make it more profitable.
---
Black Friend code 5457 8868 8614
Brawl friend code 1205-6397-3466
#56FKRW4LifePosted 1/3/2013 2:55:32 AM
MarkCohenBros posted...
FKRW4Life posted...
archedsoul posted...
FKRW4Life posted...
Sales are most important to insecure people who believe the rise and fall of video game companies/consoles actually affect their personal lives. Kinda like sports team fans who actually believe that the failures or the success of their favorite team is somehow linked to them drinking beer and eating hamburgers while shouting at their tv.

Hope this helps!

The butthurt is strong in this post.

You can always tell when you strike a nerve with someone insecure. Bravo for your post :D

Indeed, and you can tell with all your posts. You make it so easy.

Awww, I have a follower. Creepy, but flattering :)
---
Vita Flopic creators = schadenfreude
Legit discussion on sales = intelligent debate
#57FKRW4LifePosted 1/3/2013 2:58:33 AM
archedsoul posted...
FKRW4Life posted...
archedsoul posted...
FKRW4Life posted...
Sales are most important to insecure people who believe the rise and fall of video game companies/consoles actually affect their personal lives. Kinda like sports team fans who actually believe that the failures or the success of their favorite team is somehow linked to them drinking beer and eating hamburgers while shouting at their tv.

Hope this helps!

You can always tell when you strike a nerve with someone insecure. Bravo for your post :D

>goes around constantly b****ing and having meltdowns whenever people talk negatively about the Vita
>calls me insecure

http://i.imgur.com/jFACw.jpg

You need to stop getting so butthurt.

Hey now, no need to get all butthurt and make things up. Calling a troll a troll around here means I'm a pony. ;)

Lmao
---
Vita Flopic creators = schadenfreude
Legit discussion on sales = intelligent debate
#58MegaMettaurPosted 1/3/2013 3:10:51 AM
Software sales matter to an extent, but do not dictate the quality of a game. I've played great games that hardly get sales due to them just being under the radar, not advertised, or just being too niche.

For hardware, sales aren't necessarily that important.

It all comes down to support. Do developers want to work with your product or not?
---
Now Playing (VITA): Ragnarok Oddysey, DJ Max Technika Tune (soon) PSN: Roksor.
Now Playing (PC): TalonRO
#59archedsoulPosted 1/3/2013 4:44:21 AM
FKRW4Life posted...
archedsoul posted...
FKRW4Life posted...
archedsoul posted...
FKRW4Life posted...

Hope this helps!

>goes around constantly b****ing and having meltdowns whenever people talk negatively about the Vita
>calls me insecure

http://i.imgur.com/jFACw.jpg

You need to stop getting so butthurt.

Hey now, no need to get all butthurt and make things up. Calling a troll a troll around here means I'm a pony. ;)

Lmao

Yeah, I don't expect much besides "no u" replies from a pony like yourself. You know, seeing as you're probably too occupied with them delusions to actually think.

inb4nou
#60Megaman OmegaPosted 1/3/2013 5:01:08 AM
TC invent a product. Then take a loan for 100,000.00. Then invest all in your product. then you can tell if sales matter or not. simple as that.

/topic

Also, lol @ FKRW4Life having a grade B meltdown. *grabs popcorn*
---
COD:BOD is definitely the highest budget Vita title - GeassMaster
I come to GameFAQs to be a ******* and create strife/hate on the message boards. - GeassMaster