Do Sales matter?

#71Nergy15Posted 1/3/2013 5:45:52 AM
Yes, sales do matter. It doesn't affect a game's quality. But if you want to see more of the same, it's going to need to meet the bottom line for the developers and/or publishers.

Saying sales don't matter is the same as saying having more games doesn't matter.
---
u wot m8
#72FKRW4LifePosted 1/3/2013 5:55:10 AM
Ugh. Where do you trolls even come from...
---
Vita Flopic creators = schadenfreude
Legit discussion on sales = intelligent debate
#73Megaman OmegaPosted 1/3/2013 6:27:52 AM
grabs popcorn*

Meltdown confirmed.

Looks like he turned up the diarrhea dial and went for a solid Grade A meltdown. It's classic.

Hey it's my old buddy! The guy who has never contributed anything to a conversation besides "pony, butthurt, meltdown, rage, and vita sells badly" to every conversation in this forum.

It's hilarious how you talk about people "following" you and how creepy it is, and then you see to keep tabs on my activity, yet you miserably fail.

Seriously kiddo, why do you still come here months after the system came out JUST to remind people the system sells terribly? Gets you excited or something? Lmao.

It gets me excited to see drones like you boil, rage and flip, ;)

You're still just mad at my old posts where Id list the trolls that come here and your name was always on it.

What lists? I've never seen any list...

Hope you don't get suspended again anytime soon, LMAO!!!

Don't worry, no more DS/N64 screenshot comparisons anymore, IdiotFAQs doesn't seem to like them.
---
The Vita sold 1.200.000 units in week 1. - Sailor Goon
76.322 to 70.744 is a 70% drop. - Sailor Goon
#74kakashik99992Posted 1/3/2013 6:35:53 AM(edited)
Sami1000 posted...
Sales wouldn't necessary matter if software sales were really good. Like if only most hardcore gamers on earth purchased vita and everyone of them buys a lot of games. Otherwise console sales do matter.

That is a BIG problem of the Vita really probably even bigger than the lackluster hardware sales how many games on the Vita sold one million copies or near one million? How many games are consistently in top 10 sales weekly? Developers jump ship if software don't sell on the system

It gets worse when you compare it to the 3DS
#75BigKahn8Posted 1/3/2013 6:37:44 AM
Sales=Quality.

Games or systems with quality ALWAYS sell well.

Bad quality games and systems flop.

So Vita has bad quality due to its poor sales.
#76FKRW4LifePosted 1/3/2013 6:52:25 AM
Somebody seems a lil mad at lil ol me :D

Yay
---
Vita Flopic creators = schadenfreude
Legit discussion on sales = intelligent debate
#77Lord_VishanaPosted 1/3/2013 6:55:18 AM
Are we seriously having the sales debate again!? I'll try to keep this concise...

Sales matter, wether you like it or not they do. True, they don't affect the enjoyment I derive from my Vita, however I am concerned about the uncertainty of the Vita's future. Sales matter for one singular rudimentary reason....third party developer support. When a new gaming system is released, third parties intently watch the sales of the system to see the kind of reception it has and ascertain if it's both viable and profitable to make their games for it. Using Japan as an example, let's say a company wants to make a new rpg. They will look at the sales for every system for the userbase. Most likely they would create a game for the system with the highest ratio of ownership. It's not them being biased, it's a sound business decision.

To those that say Sony is strong enough to survive on 1st party support alone, I respectfully disagree. While it may have some popular first party titles like God of War and Uncharted, that isn't enough to keep it alive in any region(especially Japan). Sony isn't Nintendo, they could survive on first party games alone if for some inexplicable reason third parties stopped supporting them. The fact remains that the Vita is in a dire situation in Japan. Many like to dismiss Japan for not mattering, when in my opinion it's the most important region.
---
Official Wood Elf Druid of the NDF and KDF Balthier Basched his Penelo into Fran's Ashe in the back of the Vaan
#78PlayaMadeTxn05Posted 1/3/2013 7:22:16 AM
archedsoul posted...
FKRW4Life posted...
archedsoul posted...
FKRW4Life posted...
Sales are most important to insecure people who believe the rise and fall of video game companies/consoles actually affect their personal lives. Kinda like sports team fans who actually believe that the failures or the success of their favorite team is somehow linked to them drinking beer and eating hamburgers while shouting at their tv.

Hope this helps!

The butthurt is strong in this post.

You can always tell when you strike a nerve with someone insecure. Bravo for your post :D

>goes around constantly b****ing and having meltdowns whenever people talk negatively about the Vita
>calls me insecure

http://i.imgur.com/jFACw.jpg

You need to stop getting so butthurt.

So you call him out for "b***ing, but don't say anything to the people who constantly trash the Vita on the Vita Board. Ok guy. And you love that word. Kinda diva-ish don't you think? lol
---
"You still play SNES & Genesis games? Yeah, they are terrible by today's standard. Graphics sells .. like it or not." - nariusseldon
#79Lord_VishanaPosted 1/3/2013 7:28:47 AM
PlayaMadeTxn05 posted...
archedsoul posted...
FKRW4Life posted...
archedsoul posted...
FKRW4Life posted...
Sales are most important to insecure people who believe the rise and fall of video game companies/consoles actually affect their personal lives. Kinda like sports team fans who actually believe that the failures or the success of their favorite team is somehow linked to them drinking beer and eating hamburgers while shouting at their tv.

Hope this helps!

The butthurt is strong in this post.

You can always tell when you strike a nerve with someone insecure. Bravo for your post :D

>goes around constantly b****ing and having meltdowns whenever people talk negatively about the Vita
>calls me insecure

http://i.imgur.com/jFACw.jpg

You need to stop getting so butthurt.

So you call him out for "b***ing, but don't say anything to the people who constantly trash the Vita on the Vita Board. Ok guy. And you love that word. Kinda diva-ish don't you think? lol

Ummm, I don't bash the Vita. :-P

To clarify, 90% of these alleged 'bashers' own a Vita.
---
Official Wood Elf Druid of the NDF and KDF Balthier Basched his Penelo into Fran's Ashe in the back of the Vaan
#80PlayaMadeTxn05Posted 1/3/2013 7:38:45 AM
Lord_Vishana

Trolling is trolling. Whether you own the product or not. If you post to knowingly illicit a negative response from people, that is considered trolling.

That's just like someone who owns a 3DS or WiiU going to the 3DS and WiiU boards constantly agitating people with provoking topics and posts. It's considered trolling.

Works both ways.
---
"You still play SNES & Genesis games? Yeah, they are terrible by today's standard. Graphics sells .. like it or not." - nariusseldon