Do Sales matter?

#81S1nharvestPosted 1/3/2013 8:47:27 AM
Lol at sales don't matter, I guess companies just make games on good will.
---
All Hail King Ghidorah, the Monster Zero
GT: KingxGeedorah - Psn: Sin_Ghidorah - http://i.imgur.com/k4Mc2.png
#82stargazer64Posted 1/3/2013 8:49:57 AM
Do they sell thicker skin on the PS store?
---
What? You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate the whole... wheel of cheese? How'd you do that? Heck, I'm not even mad; that's amazing.
#83Megaman OmegaPosted 1/3/2013 9:08:01 AM

I heard GameFAQs is selling thicker skin to help users deal with their moderation failures. 10% off for people who lose MMA by marking trolls.
---
Most publishes have nothing to do with the games they publish. - Sailor Goon
The Vita pushed out more launches than 3DS in the same time frame. - Sailor Goon
#84FKRW4LifePosted 1/3/2013 9:08:55 AM
PlayaMadeTxn05 posted...
archedsoul posted...
FKRW4Life posted...
archedsoul posted...
FKRW4Life posted...
Sales are most important to insecure people who believe the rise and fall of video game companies/consoles actually affect their personal lives. Kinda like sports team fans who actually believe that the failures or the success of their favorite team is somehow linked to them drinking beer and eating hamburgers while shouting at their tv.

Hope this helps!

The butthurt is strong in this post.

You can always tell when you strike a nerve with someone insecure. Bravo for your post :D

>goes around constantly b****ing and having meltdowns whenever people talk negatively about the Vita
>calls me insecure

http://i.imgur.com/jFACw.jpg

You need to stop getting so butthurt.

So you call him out for "b***ing, but don't say anything to the people who constantly trash the Vita on the Vita Board. Ok guy. And you love that word. Kinda diva-ish don't you think? lol

What can ya do though? People who know my posts know I ridicule Sony all the time for their hair brained idiocy. I just happen to also be vocal when blatant trolls say garbage like "vita should fail, it's a dumb system". It's such a cowardly statement I can't even fathom it, yet people like nariusseldon, mega, nathanisdrake, lolfaq as so forth yell it from the mountain tops.

Complain about Sony all you want, point out the terrible sales, but don't say BS like the system sucks or shouldn't exist. And as far as whether the 3ds is better, I've owned two and played em equally as much as the vita. So fanboy garbage is idiotic as well.
---
Vita Flopic creators = schadenfreude
Legit discussion on sales = intelligent debate
#85kakashik99992Posted 1/3/2013 9:10:28 AM
S1nharvest posted...
Lol at sales don't matter, I guess companies just make games on good will.

The Vita is Sony gift to the true gamers so his sales don't really matter. As long as you believe in Sony the company will live on like one of those cults or the cat inside the box
#86Angemon_23Posted 1/3/2013 9:13:36 AM

I believe so, but they only work with Sony products and require expensive optional hardware add-ons without which it can't work properly.
---
"Angemon_23 already rocked this topic to its very core, and everyone since is just posting in the ashes." - GradyHoover
#87melbye80Posted 1/3/2013 9:17:12 AM
Sony's problem is that they don't have the first-party to sustain a console the way Nintendo does, and third party won't make games for system that sells poorly so ofcourse sales matter
#88ThePonyColliePosted 1/3/2013 9:21:41 AM
Sales don't matter. It doesn't affect the quality of a system or its games. You may argue more sales = more support/games, but don't forget it also = more shovelware.
---
"You better not change the game, and you better be DAMN sure you don't make it the same game every time!" - RE Fans
#89AllaudeenPosted 1/3/2013 9:56:08 AM
ThePonyCollie posted...
Sales don't matter. It doesn't affect the quality of a system or its games. You may argue more sales = more support/games, but don't forget it also = more shovelware.

Better to have shovelware than NOTHING AT ALL
#90GamenamebullyPosted 1/3/2013 9:58:15 AM
Sales do matter but they don't affect the quality of a game or system.

A good game or console/handheld can not sell well(Like Psychonauts and the Sega Dreamcast for example).

Sales do matter basically but people here assume that sales and quality are 1 and the same which they aren't and consume their entire gaming life focusing on sales rather than if they like the game or not.
---
The Only Sane Gamer.
PSN Name: Gamenamebully