Do Sales matter?

#91archedsoulPosted 1/3/2013 11:11:32 AM
PlayaMadeTxn05 posted...
archedsoul posted...
FKRW4Life posted...
archedsoul posted...
FKRW4Life posted...
Sales are most important to insecure people who believe the rise and fall of video game companies/consoles actually affect their personal lives. Kinda like sports team fans who actually believe that the failures or the success of their favorite team is somehow linked to them drinking beer and eating hamburgers while shouting at their tv.

Hope this helps!

The butthurt is strong in this post.

You can always tell when you strike a nerve with someone insecure. Bravo for your post :D

>goes around constantly b****ing and having meltdowns whenever people talk negatively about the Vita
>calls me insecure

http://i.imgur.com/jFACw.jpg

You need to stop getting so butthurt.

So you call him out for "b***ing, but don't say anything to the people who constantly trash the Vita on the Vita Board. Ok guy. And you love that word. Kinda diva-ish don't you think? lol

Yes. You do the same as well every week in the media create topics.
#92Lightning_fanPosted 1/3/2013 11:26:30 AM
Ps2 outsold GC and Xbox by like 8 times as much.

Both consoles still had excellent games though as did the PS2.
#93Sipher360Posted 1/3/2013 11:29:32 AM
I think that sometimes people forget that game companies exist in order to generate profit for their investors. So, of course sales matter.

If the company can't make money, then that platform/company cease to exist.
---
"Ahk and them never did nothing to me....terrorism is when you hang a * from a tree..." -Grand Puba Maxwell
#94Ritster21(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2013 1:06:18 PM
Bump.
#95DiligentTreePosted 1/3/2013 1:16:17 PM
Well, the Vita has abysmal sales, and an abysmal library and support.

Heck, where's the MAJOR support from Capcom, Konami, Square-Enix, Atlus? They've all gone to the competition--a platform that actually sells. Pretty much EVERY game on the Vita is a port, and there's no great exclusive. Gravity Rush is only "okay".

Sales do matter, it dictates the life of the platform. Look at the 3DO, Jaguar, GameGear, PSP GO for examples of platforms that do terribly in all regards due to low demand.
---
This user is not offered for sale under any circumstances. No exceptions.
#96Darkyellow327Posted 1/3/2013 1:18:52 PM
The Sega Dreamcast says they do.
---
Not changing my sig until Soulja Boy challenges me to a rap battle
#97PlayaMadeTxn05Posted 1/3/2013 3:15:42 PM
@limped er archedsoul

And I now see where your ability to have a constructive conversation stops.

And please, show me where I b****. And by b****, do you mean defend the Vita itself or gaming as a whole? Or attacking the same group of people who attack other people relentlessly?

And while you show me how I post in every single Media Create (lol) b****, why don't you add in everyone else who posts with the exact same type of comments.

I'll wait.
---
"You still play SNES & Genesis games? Yeah, they are terrible by today's standard. Graphics sells .. like it or not." - nariusseldon
#98Virtue777Posted 1/3/2013 3:18:02 PM
Sales and reviews don't matter.
---
Coolest guy/gal on the planet: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
#99Sailor GoonPosted 1/3/2013 3:33:02 PM
Darkyellow327 posted...
The Sega Dreamcast says they do.

you obviously dont know the reason for why the Dreamcast failed
---
As told to me by Gamefaqs admin: They hire 17 year olds as moderators!
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh, NID: DanGogh
#100archedsoulPosted 1/3/2013 5:40:30 PM
PlayaMadeTxn05 posted...
@limped er archedsoul

And I now see where your ability to have a constructive conversation stops.

And please, show me where I b****. And by b****, do you mean defend the Vita itself or gaming as a whole? Or attacking the same group of people who attack other people relentlessly?

And while you show me how I post in every single Media Create (lol) b****, why don't you add in everyone else who posts with the exact same type of comments.

I'll wait.

You do that. It's obvious the person that's b****ing and whining won't realize what he's doing, especially on the Vita boards for very obvious reasons, come on, that much is common sense. No need to try and play the victim here like always.

Perhaps if I gave a ****, I'd waste my time showing you, but even that is not necessary since your reputation speaks for itself.