Sony has researched new tech for suppressing second-hand game sales

#11OtakuGameraPosted 1/3/2013 8:50:20 AM
To be fair, it is somewhat justified. Sony is trying sabotage themselves it seems. I'm honestly curious how you any other devoted Sony supporters feel about them doing this.

wanting someone or anyone to die is never justified.

how is sony sabotaging themselves anyway? it's just a patent, one that will not be used next gen
---
PSVita no games? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/64767381
http://www.atlus.com/res/p4g_faithful_reviews_1.jpg
#12FayeLadyPosted 1/3/2013 8:53:14 AM
To be fair, I'll wait for them to announce their next console will actually use this. If thats the case though, It just means one console I wont need to buy next gen. I was actually hoping for some sort of consolidation (no pun intended) in the market. God help us when Microsoft actually has the most consumer friendly product on the market.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#13FKRW4LifePosted 1/3/2013 8:54:52 AM
Ugh I hate them so much. Love their products of course, but despise their company practices. How anyone could be an actual pony baffles me.
---
Vita Flopic creators = schadenfreude
Legit discussion on sales = intelligent debate
#14Megaman OmegaPosted 1/3/2013 9:05:29 AM
Luckily, they most likely won't do this, anyway. Most patents are made just in case they might perhaps use it (or make money off someone else that might want to do it).
---
Of course 333.33M is 1/3 of a billion Nintendog. Rage-o-meter increasing, intelligence decreasing - CorruptedRPG demonstrating his thought process
#15OrangeCrush980Posted 1/3/2013 9:08:53 AM
OtakuGamera posted...
To be fair, it is somewhat justified. Sony is trying sabotage themselves it seems. I'm honestly curious how you any other devoted Sony supporters feel about them doing this.

how is sony sabotaging themselves anyway? it's just a patent, one that will not be used next gen

A company dying and a person dying are very different
---
Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality
#16AceAndJunpeiPosted 1/3/2013 9:20:36 AM
OtakuGamera posted...

LMAO, this clown really believes in Mitten's "corporations are people my friends" speech that helped destroy the GOP.

Otaku is one of the worst posters in the history of this site. Many of his posts make me want to vomit.
---
Now Playing:Persona 4 Golden (Vita), NSMB U (WiiU), Zero Escape (3DS), Wipeout 2048 (Vita) Metal Gear Solid 4 Trophy Run (PS3)
#17kyncaniPosted 1/3/2013 9:22:36 AM
For now it's just one more idiotic patent on top of a gigantic pile of idiotic patents.
I certainly wouldn't put it past Sony, Nintendo, Apple or Microsoft to use something like this in one of their products.
#18kdiz4321Posted 1/3/2013 9:24:54 AM
FayeLady posted...
To be fair, I'll wait for them to announce their next console will actually use this. If thats the case though, It just means one console I wont need to buy next gen. I was actually hoping for some sort of consolidation (no pun intended) in the market. God help us when Microsoft actually has the most consumer friendly product on the market.

There were rumors a while back that Microsoft was going to be the one doing this. Really, if stuff like this starts getting implemented on consoles that Steam console might actually succeed.
---
I am not an early adopter. If your system is as awesome as you say it is, it will still be in stores when the games I want are out.
#19PlayaMadeTxn05Posted 1/3/2013 9:24:55 AM
AceAndJunpei posted...
OtakuGamera posted...

LMAO, this clown really believes in Mitten's "corporations are people my friends" speech that helped destroy the GOP.

Otaku is one of the worst posters in the history of this site. Many of his posts make me want to vomit.

There's no way you can talk the way you spout your ignorance all throughout this site...
---
"You still play SNES & Genesis games? Yeah, they are terrible by today's standard. Graphics sells .. like it or not." - nariusseldon
#20thompsontalker7Posted 1/3/2013 9:24:57 AM
To be fair, all of the big console names have been trying some form of combating used game sales, not just Sony.
---
Not removing this until Dr. Dre's Detox album is out. 11/22/08
THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK THY HAND IN TV, DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT!