Sony has researched new tech for suppressing second-hand game sales

#171st-tchesPosted 1/3/2013 7:41:02 PM
stargazer64 posted...
Lord_Vishana posted...
OtakuGamera posted...
just die already sony

wow, the hatred.. so much..

To be fair, it is somewhat justified. Sony is trying sabotage themselves it seems. I'm honestly curious how you any other devoted Sony supporters feel about them doing this.

Allow me to put words in their mouths: "This is great news! Now we can make sure that our money goes to Sony and the hard-working developers and not to LOLGamestop."

As a - what I would consider - Sony fan I'm insulted that you think we're okay with this, let alone have that mentality...
Nay, I'm kidding haha, but seriously anyone with that mentality needs to be put into an asylum. No company can pull something like this and still have my support.

Sony, I have been a dedicated fan of pretty much all your consoles over the Microsoft and Nintendo counterparts, but go through with this and I won't even think twice about dropping that ideology. Sony has limited one account per memory stick and created expensive proprietary memory cards all in the name of destroying piracy, yet I can still go out and buy a PC game (For those of you that don't understand, PC games have and always will be quite easy to pirate, but they're still going strong). No, this is not an issue of security but instead one that clearly displays the Symbol of Avarice (Lolsoulsreference) Sony is blowing its brains out to become.

</soapbox></rant>
#172UniversquallPosted 1/3/2013 7:43:55 PM
If they do use it console gaming being dead will suck.
---
NP: Suikoden III (PS2) Assassin's Creed III (PS3) MNR (Vita) Total Annihilation (PC) Xenoblade (Wii U) Nope (360)
#173Tenchi UKPosted 1/3/2013 8:18:33 PM
oh god i hope they dont put this into practice, its as bad as that microsoft patent where they wanted to detect people watching the game/film and charge for additional licences (so you would have to pay for each person playing or something)

surely most people used to turn to consoles to avoid crap like this, but if you take away ease/convenience of use then it takes away allot of the reasons to play consoles (aside from exclusives)

i was happy with sony this gen for not region locking the games or ip blocking the store, pretty much letting people buy anything they want to, regardless of what country you live in. (the opposite of Nintendo region locking a handheld) but things like this feel like 2 steps back for every little step forward.

though i do remember reading in magazines before the ps2 was out that ps2 demo discs would have limited uses so it shows that not everything planned or patented is used.

at this state doing thing like blocking used game sales or region locking/ip blocking is just shooting themselves in the foot.
---
Pear into Peaches!
#174st-tchesPosted 1/3/2013 8:24:55 PM
Tenchi UK posted...
oh god i hope they dont put this into practice, its as bad as that microsoft patent where they wanted to detect people watching the game/film and charge for additional licences (so you would have to pay for each person playing or something)

surely most people used to turn to consoles to avoid crap like this, but if you take away ease/convenience of use then it takes away allot of the reasons to play consoles (aside from exclusives)

i was happy with sony this gen for not region locking the games or ip blocking the store, pretty much letting people buy anything they want to, regardless of what country you live in. (the opposite of Nintendo region locking a handheld) but things like this feel like 2 steps back for every little step forward.

though i do remember reading in magazines before the ps2 was out that ps2 demo discs would have limited uses so it shows that not everything planned or patented is used.

at this state doing thing like blocking used game sales or region locking/ip blocking is just shooting themselves in the foot.

I do have to say that not region locking games was a very cool thing to do. At first so I could use P4G to help with my Japanese, now so I'll be able to get Soul Sacrifice early :D
#175SoeroahPosted 1/3/2013 8:41:36 PM
In other news, Sony has developed impressive new tech for suppressing consumer support for consoles.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ9Km7WW2aE
Best console war summary ever. TL;DR version at 2:05.
#176PlayaMadeTxn05Posted 1/3/2013 8:46:27 PM
I'm so sorry I got to you Mega.

Why don't you let Ace fight his own battles though, huh? He's growing up. He has to learn to take care of himself. You can't always be there for him when he gets backed into a corner.

lol I can imagine your face when you sit and type out paragraphs in response to people on a gaming board lmao
---
"You still play SNES & Genesis games? Yeah, they are terrible by today's standard. Graphics sells .. like it or not." - nariusseldon
#177AceAndJunpeiPosted 1/3/2013 8:48:53 PM
PlayaMadeTxn05 posted...

Why don't you let Ace fight his own battles though, huh? He's growing up. He has to learn to take care of himself. You can't always be there for him when he gets backed into a corner.

lol I can imagine your face when you sit and type out paragraphs in response to people on a gaming board lmao

I'm sure he looks a lot healthier than you do slamming your Cheetos-stained fingers into the keyboard in a nerd rage everytime I post:)
---
Now Playing:Persona 4 Golden (Vita), NSMB U (WiiU), Zero Escape (3DS), Wipeout 2048 (Vita) Metal Gear Solid 4 Trophy Run (PS3)
#178LightHawKnightPosted 1/3/2013 8:55:12 PM
So where is lume?
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#179StrikeNinja24Posted 1/3/2013 8:59:15 PM
PlayaMadeTxn05 posted...

ITP: "I cant defend against what was said! Quick, throw the conversation back on someone else! Phew, I almost had to defend myself there."

Gotta love these guys.
---
Xbox & PS3 gametag = StrikeNinja24
And if Strike didn't stroke his own peen, then nobody would. - Super-Pangolin
#180PlayaMadeTxn05Posted 1/3/2013 8:59:42 PM
AceAndJunpei posted...
PlayaMadeTxn05 posted...

I'm sure he looks a lot healthier than you do slamming your Cheetos-stained fingers into the keyboard in a nerd rage everytime I post:)

Ah, I get it now. You only respond after your back up arrives lol

And you never did answer my original question before you went off into your own little world. But if you don't want to answer it's ok. Just say so.
---
"You still play SNES & Genesis games? Yeah, they are terrible by today's standard. Graphics sells .. like it or not." - nariusseldon