Sony has researched new tech for suppressing second-hand game sales

#201Angemon_23Posted 1/4/2013 8:39:06 AM
Doesn't the 3DS digital downloads get locked to the handheld(correct me if I'm wrong) it is downloaded to?

Yeah, but the topic talks about 2nd handed physical games.

Three years into the consoles life span you will not be able to find games from launch. Every game will literally become a limited edition.

That's bad news for people who don't want DD titles.
---
"Angemon_23 already rocked this topic to its very core, and everyone since is just posting in the ashes." - GradyHoover
#202ejay8320Posted 1/4/2013 8:46:25 AM
Angemon_23 posted...
Doesn't the 3DS digital downloads get locked to the handheld(correct me if I'm wrong) it is downloaded to?

Yeah, but the topic talks about 2nd handed physical games.

Three years into the consoles life span you will not be able to find games from launch. Every game will literally become a limited edition.

That's bad news for people who don't want DD titles.

Except I pointed the argument was directed specifically to people who were arguing about what if I lose/break/upgrade my console crowd and not about being able to trade/sell games. So I think the 3DS example still works for this part of the discussion.
#203MegaMettaurPosted 1/4/2013 9:25:33 AM
AceAndJunpei posted...
Megaman Omega posted...
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/64295812?page=1

Post 76 - clearly using it as the SonyPony pejorative.

"And don't give up that hope; you'll get that pony you want someday, I'm sure of it!"

Wrong. The "little kids want a pony" thing is well-known, this is cleary not related to SonyPonies.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/64742765?page=1

Post 88

Cleary, that was a play on how Pony (lol) claimed that the drones ruined the topic, then Ace clarified Pony's words that it was Sony drones. Can't give you that one.

Also, LMAO @ "Steve Teddie" failing to come up with legitimate examples and Omega crushing him like the others.

LMAO @ you for not being able to stuff your own battles. Don't instigate, let someone else fight your battle, then come back with ad-libs.
---
Now Playing (VITA): Ragnarok Oddysey, DJ Max Technika Tune (soon) PSN: Roksor.
Now Playing (PC): TalonRO
#204AceAndJunpeiPosted 1/4/2013 9:28:48 AM
MegaMettaur posted...
AceAndJunpei posted...
Megaman Omega posted...
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/64295812?page=1

Post 76 - clearly using it as the SonyPony pejorative.

"And don't give up that hope; you'll get that pony you want someday, I'm sure of it!"

Wrong. The "little kids want a pony" thing is well-known, this is cleary not related to SonyPonies.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/64742765?page=1

Post 88

Cleary, that was a play on how Pony (lol) claimed that the drones ruined the topic, then Ace clarified Pony's words that it was Sony drones. Can't give you that one.

Also, LMAO @ "Steve Teddie" failing to come up with legitimate examples and Omega crushing him like the others.

LMAO @ you for not being able to stuff your own battles. Don't instigate, let someone else fight your battle, then come back with ad-libs.

Show me your RAAAAGEEE!
---
Now Playing:Persona 4 Golden (Vita), NSMB U (WiiU), Zero Escape (3DS), Wipeout 2048 (Vita) Metal Gear Solid 4 Trophy Run (PS3)
#205MegaMettaurPosted 1/4/2013 9:32:35 AM
AceAndJunpei posted...

Also Mega, shouldn't you be raging about the shallow nature of trophies in your Jetpack Joyride topic? Or is that hard-on you're sporting just for me?

Now you're interested my "hard-ons" What, is that supposed to hurt my feelings? You fail an obvious gay insult, AND you fail to offend me. Looks like there aren't anymore straws to grasp at. Just wait for one of you buddies to shut me up, because you can't.
---
Now Playing (VITA): Ragnarok Oddysey, DJ Max Technika Tune (soon) PSN: Roksor.
Now Playing (PC): TalonRO
#206AceAndJunpeiPosted 1/4/2013 10:49:35 AM
MegaMettaur posted...
AceAndJunpei posted...

Also Mega, shouldn't you be raging about the shallow nature of trophies in your Jetpack Joyride topic? Or is that hard-on you're sporting just for me?

Now you're interested my "hard-ons" What, is that supposed to hurt my feelings? You fail an obvious gay insult, AND you fail to offend me. Looks like there aren't anymore straws to grasp at. Just wait for one of you buddies to shut me up, because you can't.

Wow, there was zero homosexual insinuation in my message, but you managed to find some anyways...I think that says something about you.

What rock have you been living under where you have outright failed to understand that the phrase refers to having a problem with someone, I.e. an obsession similar to the one you carry for me?

Now go ahead and keep showing me your RAAAGGEEE!
---
Now Playing:Persona 4 Golden (Vita), NSMB U (WiiU), Zero Escape (3DS), Wipeout 2048 (Vita) Metal Gear Solid 4 Trophy Run (PS3)
#207Megaman OmegaPosted 1/4/2013 11:23:14 AM
Wow, there was zero homosexual insinuation in my message, but you managed to find some anyways...I think that says something about you.

At least he's not trying to imply that you're transgendered, unlike some other demented fellow we know, lol.

Except I pointed the argument was directed specifically to people who were arguing about what if I lose/break/upgrade my console crowd and not about being able to trade/sell games. So I think the 3DS example still works for this part of the discussion.

It doesn't work, because you can simply have Nintendo transfer the accounts should you lose/break your 3DS.
---
The Japanese don't celebrate Christmas. - Sailor Goon
6 + 4 = 11 - Sailor Goon
#208AceAndJunpeiPosted 1/4/2013 11:32:45 AM
Megaman Omega posted...

At least he's not trying to imply that you're transgendered, unlike some other demented fellow we know, lol.

It doesn't work, because you can simply have Nintendo transfer the accounts should you lose/break your 3DS.

LMAO @ CorruptedRPG and the whole transgendered thing.
---
#209ejay8320Posted 1/4/2013 11:48:08 AM
Ace,

What makes you think Sony wouldn't allow you to do the same thing? Call them up to unlink the game? But this all moot until we know if its going to be linked to the Account or the System, so arguing about this is pointless at the moment. But looking at how they are handling Cross-buy games it will most likely be account based locked.
#210Megaman OmegaPosted 1/4/2013 12:11:17 PM
I'm so sorry I got to you Mega.

You sure got to me! I'm lying on the floor, bent, with tears in my eyes! I'm laughing so hard about your demented nonsense, i'm having stomach cramps and this post of yours isn't helping it. ;)

Why don't you let Ace fight his own battles though, huh? He's growing up. He has to learn to take care of himself. You can't always be there for him when he gets backed into a corner.

Aww, there i was, hoping you'd try to objectively lead an argument, but i guess spinning, deflecting and dodging is all you got in your bag.

lol I can imagine your face when you sit and type out paragraphs in response to people on a gaming board lmao

coolface.jpg
---
The PS3 is dead in Japan. - Sailor Goon
The Japanese don't like games such as Hot Shots Golf. - Sailor Goon