Sony has researched new tech for suppressing second-hand game sales

#31defunct32Posted 1/3/2013 9:59:58 AM
Wait, so basically if for example I bought a first-hand physical game like "Persona 4 Golden" when I install the game on my Vita there will be some kind of Permission Data nonsense downloaded into my system, etc? So in future if I don't want P4 anymore and wish to sell it off others can't play it cause of the Permission Data thingy?
#32TheArcadePosted 1/3/2013 10:03:49 AM
suppress the vote!
---
Greatest Shows of All Time.
Avatar: The Last Airbender, SWAT Kats, Sailor Moon, Tetsuwan Atom 2K3, Transformers, Spiderfriends
#33ChargrilledPosted 1/3/2013 10:03:59 AM
Interesting.
---
GT : DeadJericho / PSN/Wii-U : Focalpoint /
Correct terminology is 'Could NOT care less'. Learn English!
#34DaMan1900Posted 1/3/2013 10:05:50 AM
if this is true and it ends up on the ps4 then they will not get a purchase from me. out of all the games i own probably 5% are used so this doesnt affect me but its the principal. Who does sony think they are the ps3 showed them that they cant do whatever they want.
---
Ex Sony Fanboy
#35AceAndJunpeiPosted 1/3/2013 10:06:58 AM
PlayaMadeTxn05 posted...

Hi stalker, I see you're still obsessed with me;0)
---
Now Playing:Persona 4 Golden (Vita), NSMB U (WiiU), Zero Escape (3DS), Wipeout 2048 (Vita) Metal Gear Solid 4 Trophy Run (PS3)
#36Lightning_fanPosted 1/3/2013 10:09:01 AM
EvilSock1990 posted...
just die already sony

Corporations are not living entities... Unless you mean that you want everyone working for Sony to die, which is sick and disgusting :(

A lot of them have families man! Not cool!
#37wh0_kn0wsPosted 1/3/2013 10:21:15 AM
OtakuGamera posted...
just die already sony

wow, the hatred.. so much..

he's right. i've been a PS fan since the original, but this is just ridiculous.

Virtue777 posted...
Also anyone complaining about the price of games today is a young gamer. A very young gamer at that. Those of us who have been around know that $60 for a game, and $400-$600 for a launch console, is nothing compared to what we used to pay. I still remember dishing out $80 for Super Castlevania IV when that came out in '91. That was when you could still get a hamburger at McDonald's for 25 cents.

---
it's simple. just be nice.
#38hyjinx17Posted 1/3/2013 10:22:56 AM
When are companies gonna realise that rewarding new will get them much further than punishing used. Offering free extra content like costumes, skins or giving away free dlc with a new purchase like the extra class in Borderlands 2 is the way to go.

Like Im fine with day 1 dlc if you get it for free with a new purchase and the people who want to wait and buy used can spend the extra cash to get it if they want it.
---
Rainbow Dash is best pony. The only argument I will accept is for Twilight Sparkle.
#39Virtue777Posted 1/3/2013 10:24:57 AM
hyjinx17 posted...
When are companies gonna realise that rewarding new will get them much further than punishing used. Offering free extra content like costumes, skins or giving away free dlc with a new purchase like the extra class in Borderlands 2 is the way to go.

Like Im fine with day 1 dlc if you get it for free with a new purchase and the people who want to wait and buy used can spend the extra cash to get it if they want it.

EVACUATE THE THREAD!!! BRONY ALERT BRONY ALERT!!! EVACUATE THE THREAD!!!
---
Coolest guy/gal on the planet: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
#40Cobra1010Posted 1/3/2013 10:25:59 AM
I wonder if this is psychological tactic against microsoft? Because we all know if sony blocks pre-owned games and then Xbox doesnt, alot of pissed off fans will go to xbox. Are Sony really that stupid or are they trying to trick xbox into doing that instead of themselves?
---
Playing: Nothing, maybe a bit of LoL. Am I getting old or are games this gen just mediocre?
--Yoichi Wada needs to be fired--