Sony has researched new tech for suppressing second-hand game sales

#41stargazer64Posted 1/3/2013 10:26:07 AM
Virtue777 posted...
Also anyone complaining about the price of games today is a young gamer. A very young gamer at that. Those of us who have been around know that $60 for a game, and $400-$600 for a launch console, is nothing compared to what we used to pay. I still remember dishing out $80 for Super Castlevania IV when that came out in '91. That was when you could still get a hamburger at McDonald's for 25 cents.

Wow dude...where did you live? SNES games were usually $50. There were definitely extreme cases, though.

Anyway, blame the App Store. Anything more than 99 cents on there is met with looks of disbelief.
---
What? You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate the whole... wheel of cheese? How'd you do that? Heck, I'm not even mad; that's amazing.
#42Virtue777Posted 1/3/2013 10:28:00 AM
stargazer64 posted...
Virtue777 posted...
Also anyone complaining about the price of games today is a young gamer. A very young gamer at that. Those of us who have been around know that $60 for a game, and $400-$600 for a launch console, is nothing compared to what we used to pay. I still remember dishing out $80 for Super Castlevania IV when that came out in '91. That was when you could still get a hamburger at McDonald's for 25 cents.

Wow dude...where did you live? SNES games were usually $50. There were definitely extreme cases, though.

Anyway, blame the App Store. Anything more than 99 cents on there is met with looks of disbelief.

I live in NA. $80 was a tad higher than normal I remember, but it wasn't even close to the highest. I remember Phantasy Star II was over $100 at launch.
---
Coolest guy/gal on the planet: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
#43PlayaMadeTxn05Posted 1/3/2013 10:31:41 AM
AceAndJunpei posted...
PlayaMadeTxn05 posted...

Hi stalker, I see you're still obsessed with me;0)

So replying to a quote means someone's a stalker? Well I guess you had to respond with some type of comeback lol
---
"You still play SNES & Genesis games? Yeah, they are terrible by today's standard. Graphics sells .. like it or not." - nariusseldon
#44kewldude475Posted 1/3/2013 10:34:15 AM
Lord_Vishana posted...
OtakuGamera posted...
just die already sony

wow, the hatred.. so much..

To be fair, it is somewhat justified. Sony is trying sabotage themselves it seems. I'm honestly curious how you any other devoted Sony supporters feel about them doing this.

This.

What a stupid thing to do.
---
PS3/Vita PSN: kewldude475; 3DS FC: 4253-3798-3218; Steam: kewldude475
Now playing: Persona 3: FES, Assassin's Creed 2
#45AceAndJunpeiPosted 1/3/2013 10:53:36 AM
PlayaMadeTxn05 posted...
AceAndJunpei posted...
PlayaMadeTxn05 posted...

So replying to a quote means someone's a stalker? Well I guess you had to respond with some type of comeback lol

I noticed you didn't deny your obsession...that's progress right there!
---
Now Playing:Persona 4 Golden (Vita), NSMB U (WiiU), Zero Escape (3DS), Wipeout 2048 (Vita) Metal Gear Solid 4 Trophy Run (PS3)
#46PlayaMadeTxn05Posted 1/3/2013 10:58:20 AM
AceAndJunpei posted...
PlayaMadeTxn05 posted...
AceAndJunpei posted...
PlayaMadeTxn05 posted...

I noticed you didn't deny your obsession...that's progress right there!

....wha? If all you can do is resort to false accusations, we have nothing further to discuss. And um, they have classes and counselors for your....personal problems. I hope you get the help you need in the future friend.
---
"You still play SNES & Genesis games? Yeah, they are terrible by today's standard. Graphics sells .. like it or not." - nariusseldon
#47AceAndJunpeiPosted 1/3/2013 11:02:45 AM
PlayaMadeTxn05 posted...

Ah, the "no u!" defense...it is one that is liberally applied by you and
Your ilk, isn't it?
---
Now Playing:Persona 4 Golden (Vita), NSMB U (WiiU), Zero Escape (3DS), Wipeout 2048 (Vita) Metal Gear Solid 4 Trophy Run (PS3)
#48MegaMettaurPosted 1/3/2013 11:08:34 AM
stargazer64 posted...
"They should research how to get first-hand game sales before doing this."

LOL

And Sony has been trying to kill used game sales for a long time now. This is not surprising. We'll see how long it takes for them to actually accomplish this without pissing off most of their remaining fanbase.

Sony is only of many who have been trying to stop used game sales. unlike piracy, selling a game used, actually screws the developers over.
---
Now Playing (VITA): Ragnarok Oddysey, DJ Max Technika Tune (soon) PSN: Roksor.
Now Playing (PC): TalonRO
#49KirbyIsAwesomePosted 1/3/2013 11:12:14 AM
sony wat r u doing

sony stahp

STAHP
---
"3DS is simply incapable of making games as good as vita games"
- DemonDog666
#50MegaMettaurPosted 1/3/2013 11:13:13 AM
OtakuGamera posted...

wanting someone or anyone to die is never justified.

completely false. People who commit crimes against humanity deserve to die. But that's a different argument.
---
Now Playing (VITA): Ragnarok Oddysey, DJ Max Technika Tune (soon) PSN: Roksor.
Now Playing (PC): TalonRO