The Vita would sell so much more if it had PS2 ports

#1KrKABUT0Posted 1/3/2013 12:51:54 PM
It's supposed to be a portable system, it needs ports of already existing games that were actually good. The PS2's library was GOLDEN. The PSP sold really well even after CFW with its downgraded PS2/PS3 ports. With the Vita's hardware, I don't see why it wouldn't be able to get some full-on PS2 compatibility.

I understand that the PS2's architecture is much more complicated but many would agree that it is worth the trouble. Imagine being able to play San Andreas or KHII on the go.
---
Walking the path of heaven, the man who will rule everything.
#2stargazer64Posted 1/3/2013 12:52:43 PM
I don't think portable means what you think it means.
---
What? You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate the whole... wheel of cheese? How'd you do that? Heck, I'm not even mad; that's amazing.
#3Mewtwo_soulPosted 1/3/2013 1:00:17 PM
@ TC: I think most games would be better as HD remakes. [see GTA collection: 3/VC/SA like the release for the PS2/XBox and the like.]

And if it were possible I wouldn't mind [in fact I would love to see PS2 games in the VC so to speak or similar.

@ Second poster:

Not really: Most portables have always had a bunch of ports from previous systems on them: See DS which had a ton of ports/slightly enhanced ports and the same thing happened with the GBA. It also happened with the PSP and is currently happening with the 3DS and Vita.

Sure portable is intended to imply on the go, but it might as well be as associated with ports as well.
---
Ignoring sheep. Best solution on CoD boards.
#4KrKABUT0(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2013 1:10:49 PM
Mewtwo_soul posted...
@ TC: I think most games would be better as HD remakes. [see GTA collection: 3/VC/SA like the release for the PS2/XBox and the like.]

And if it were possible I wouldn't mind [in fact I would love to see PS2 games in the VC so to speak or similar.

@ Second poster:

Not really: Most portables have always had a bunch of ports from previous systems on them: See DS which had a ton of ports/slightly enhanced ports and the same thing happened with the GBA. It also happened with the PSP and is currently happening with the 3DS and Vita.

Sure portable is intended to imply on the go, but it might as well be as associated with ports as well.

A lot of people say it's because of the PS2's complicated architecture but with the Vita's hardware I think it's more than possible especially due to the MGS HD collection being so great. I wouldn't mind HD collections either but I don't understand why we haven't gotten more. There is so much potential for sales and appeal.

And yeah. The PSP's major success came from ports/remakes even after it got hacked and it remains successful in Japan.
---
Walking the path of heaven, the man who will rule everything.
#5DiligentTreePosted 1/3/2013 1:19:47 PM
No it wouldn't: it'll sell if it actually had a compelling exclusive--an experience you won't find anywhere else.

More ports would suck for this thing.
---
This user is not offered for sale under any circumstances. No exceptions.
#6The_LimitPosted 1/3/2013 1:28:16 PM
stargazer64 posted...
I don't think portable means what you think it means.

---
PSN: TheLimit32 (Add Me!) - 4ever Playing: Persona 4 Golden
Rise... She's My Everything... http://up.animfa.com/images/rrftyzaeblbspeop0qjg.jpg