Final Fantasy 8 or Final Fantasy 9? Which is better?

#121Demigod_ElessarPosted 1/4/2013 2:40:26 AM
Virtue777 posted...
Slayn posted...
They both suck, but 8 sucked the worst out of all. Hated that game with a passion. Could never pass it, story was so bad.

Agreed. FF VII is the only FF worth playing, all of the others are garbage.

Sigh, just about every FF is worth playing.

But I am tired of these people who exclaim that every FF, except 7, is trash.

Final Fantasy 6 and 9 (and probably 10, arguably) are better than FF7. Personally, I would throw 8 in there as well, but that's just me. There is nothing about FF7 that makes it superior to those games, let alone most of the other games.
---
IRON MAIDEN IS MY RELIGION!
Gamertag: Demigod Elessar (I was formerly Demigod Tyek on these boards, and as a gamertag)
#122Lightning_fanPosted 1/4/2013 2:42:20 AM
I like 8 better.

But 9 is probably better.
#123Virtue777Posted 1/4/2013 2:45:37 AM
Demigod_Elessar posted...
Virtue777 posted...
Slayn posted...
They both suck, but 8 sucked the worst out of all. Hated that game with a passion. Could never pass it, story was so bad.

Final Fantasy 6 and 9 (and probably 10, arguably) are better than FF7. Personally, I would throw 8 in there as well, but that's just me. There is nothing about FF7 that makes it superior to those games, let alone most of the other games.

ff6 has terrible grafix, 9 looks like a little kids game, 8 is 8 lol. also 10 is horrible and tidus laugh
---
Coolest guy/gal on the planet: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
#124UnderratedGamerPosted 1/4/2013 2:55:49 AM
BruceWayneJr posted...
They both suck.

Play VI or VII.

---
"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived." - Isaac Asimov
#125UnderratedGamerPosted 1/4/2013 2:58:38 AM
Virtue777 posted...
Virtue777 posted...
Slayn posted...

ff6 has terrible grafix, 9 looks like a little kids game, 8 is 8 lol. also 10 is horrible and tidus laugh

So you aren't willing to play a good game because it has dated graphics? R.I.P your childhood.
---
"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived." - Isaac Asimov
#126UnderratedGamerPosted 1/4/2013 2:59:40 AM
Not a fan of 8, but this poll totally shows why it is the most underrated besides the NES games.
---
#127Virtue777Posted 1/4/2013 3:02:39 AM
UnderratedGamer posted...
Virtue777 posted...
Virtue777 posted...
Slayn posted...

So you aren't willing to play a good game because it has dated graphics? R.I.P your childhood.

ff6 doesnt have dated grafix, it has bad grafix. big difference. lots of snes games that look a million times better
---
Coolest guy/gal on the planet: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
#128Demigod_ElessarPosted 1/4/2013 3:08:39 AM
Virtue777 posted...
ff6 doesnt have dated grafix, it has bad grafix. big difference. lots of snes games that look a million times better

Yet FF7 has bad "grafix". Compared to FF8 and 9, they are horrible.
---
IRON MAIDEN IS MY RELIGION!
Gamertag: Demigod Elessar (I was formerly Demigod Tyek on these boards, and as a gamertag)
#129UnderratedGamerPosted 1/4/2013 3:11:13 AM
Virtue777 posted...
Virtue777 posted...

Actually it has pretty good graphics for its time. Only a few RPG games have better graphics. One being CT. And graphics don't make a game. The game is amazing all around.
---
#130blankempathyPosted 1/4/2013 3:17:43 AM(edited)
Virtue777 posted...
Virtue777 posted...

Actually it has pretty good graphics for its time. Only a few RPG games have better graphics. One being CT. And graphics don't make a game. The game is amazing all around.

Ct came after 6 though and it had something to build off of, 6. Hell some of the sound effects and art is shared and improved on directly from 6. 6 is a great game and so is 9 but if someones too hung out on their ignorant opinion then thats their own fault. Especially since he says 7 is so great when yea its the worst looking psx final fantasy. Also he says 6 looks bad? Look at 4 and 5, They look incredibly dated. 5 Isn't even my favorite Final Fantasy but thats the one game that really does need a remake. 6 is still presentable and very playable.
---
SSBB Emp FC - 4983-4589-2680 Southern Californian Brawler