Final Fantasy 8 or Final Fantasy 9? Which is better?

#131ikaruga0101Posted 1/4/2013 3:21:30 AM
UnderratedGamer posted...
BruceWayneJr posted...
They both suck.

Play VI or VII.

This.
However I find FF8 a good concept, but poorly executed. All old-school SquareSoft games have tons of grinding attached to them(except the Chrono Trigger, Cross and Parasite Eve). FF8 just managed to made it even more trouble some. So if I have to choose between 8 and 9, I take 8. Graphics, artstyle, music and story are more of my liking as well.

Now on a completely different subject:

What is pissing me off recently is the fact that SE is making a remake for dragon quest 7 for the 3ds and there are no signs of remakes for FF6 or 7. Based on my experience, I find DQ7 a much more complex and long game than either FF.
I know they believe most people expect that the FF7 remake must be made using cryengine 5, with all characters movements programmed with 3d motion capture technologies, celebrity voice voice acting for all characters for each line of dialog in the game and the game must be played in 4K and 3D. Needless to say such remake would cost billions. But no SE, we just want a brushed up artwork and some remastered sound and comparability with modern consoles (and may I dream pcs) capabilities, just like they're doing for DQ7. I don't care if it's for the 3DS or for the Vita or for Android/iOS, just do it already..
Sorry for derailing the thread, I needed to take it out of my system.
#132MadnessSenpaiPosted 1/4/2013 3:24:43 AM
FFIX all the way!
#133StormsylphPosted 1/4/2013 3:28:23 AM
I'm currently playing VIII on my Vita now. Basically because I've never stuck with it long enough to beat it. I'm a few hours in and still feel that I'm expecting more from the whole draw system.

I'll have to say XI because the characters were better. Squall is such a whiny dweeb.
#134Virtue777Posted 1/4/2013 3:33:18 AM
u guys are just mad that ff7 is so popular and successful lol

ff7 revolutionized the video game industry
---
Coolest guy/gal on the planet: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
#135blankempathyPosted 1/4/2013 3:41:31 AM
Virtue777 posted...
u guys are just mad that ff7 is so popular and successful lol

ff7 revolutionized the video game industry

Who said it didn't? What point are you even trying to make?
---
SSBB Emp FC - 4983-4589-2680 Southern Californian Brawler
#136Virtue777Posted 1/4/2013 3:42:51 AM
You guys are way too easy to troll. I can't believe how many serious responses I received in this thread.
---
#137user_ptPosted 1/4/2013 3:47:01 AM
I enjoyed VIII the most. The story and characters in IX may be better, but i think VIII wins in almost every other aspect. In VIII you the characters are much more customizable through the junction system (which is actually very good and innovative, despite having much hate) and that reflects on the battle - in IX every character has its own default role, like in early FF entries (black mage, white mage, dragoon, thief, etc.), and sometimes you have to deal with a boss fight while not having the appropriate team (and in some boss fights you will have to load the game and change your party to be able to win the boss battle). This is true for most FF games, but the thing is that in VIII you can customize your characters in such way that you can have 3 of them do everything, and therefore not need to change party members accordingly to enemy weaknesses or vulnerabilities.
#138blankempathyPosted 1/4/2013 4:05:28 AM(edited)
Virtue777 posted...
You guys are way too easy to troll. I can't believe how many serious responses I received in this thread.

Thats great, move along now. I'm sure you can feel better about yourself not that you've gotten some attention.
---
SSBB Emp FC - 4983-4589-2680 Southern Californian Brawler
#139Virtue777Posted 1/4/2013 4:09:45 AM
blankempathy posted...
Virtue777 posted...

Thats great, move along now. I'm sure you can feel better about yourself not that you've gotten some attention.

Oh c'mon. Have a little fun once in a while.
---
#140MegaMettaurPosted 1/4/2013 4:23:38 AM(edited)
Oh god. FF9's strategy guide. Who ever thought of that I hope got fired from who ever handled that thing. That was literally the worst idea ever. If you have the internet, there's no reason to buy the guide.

fortunately for me, I didn't buy the guide, but I did borrow one of my friend's copies.
---
Now Playing (VITA): Ragnarok Oddysey, DJ Max Technika Tune (soon) PSN: Roksor.
Now Playing (PC): TalonRO