Final Fantasy 8 or Final Fantasy 9? Which is better?

#151A_Dirty_LiberalPosted 1/4/2013 6:14:04 AM
When I was 13 I thought VIII, had a better story, Now that I'm 23 I can see the maturity in IX.
---
Gold Guns in MW3: All of Them
#152torque800Posted 1/4/2013 6:14:05 AM
blankempathy posted...
Oakland510_ posted...
Wow, just played FFIX for almost 2 hours straight and for some reason it seems a lot better on the Vita than on TV. Maybe it's the smaller screen or something but I am enjoying the game 10 times more.

If you have an hd tv then most non hd games look pretty bad. Playing them on a smaller screen actually does help them look better.

i'd say IX. the drawing system in VIII was booooring, but after a while, u can synthesize items into magic, which speeds up the process, somehow. better to farm items than trying to draw 2-3 firagas at a time...

i liked VIII's story, but for some reason, couldn't care less about what was happening to any of the characters.

whenever possible, i play ps1 roms on the pc, connected to the hd tv via hdmi. awesome graphics, even better than the best tv with the best wiring during the psone's days^^
#153MetroidHunter13Posted 1/4/2013 6:25:09 AM
DRKdr4g0n posted...
IX had one of the best endings of all time. OF ALL TIME

this to infinity.

i cant agree more here, it was astounding.
---
R.I.P. Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan, you'll be missed.
PSN - Disp0sable_13
#154evillockePosted 1/4/2013 6:34:27 AM
Virtue777 posted...
Both are great. 7 is the worst.

---
Offical Breloom of all pokemon boards.
R.I.P Final fantasy: March 2003.
#155gameboygreyPosted 1/4/2013 6:48:49 AM
VIII is my favorite though I like IX quite a bit. VIII is an acquired taste and receives alot of hate, sort of reminds me of the response Zelda II normally receives.
---
Silver - Nick: 3910.9700.0274
#156UnderratedGamerPosted 1/4/2013 6:59:59 AM
MegaMettaur posted...
Oh god. FF9's strategy guide. Who ever thought of that I hope got fired from who ever handled that thing. That was literally the worst idea ever. If you have the internet, there's no reason to buy the guide.

fortunately for me, I didn't buy the guide, but I did borrow one of my friend's copies.

Was it that bad? Lemme guess, incorrect info right?
---
"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived." - Isaac Asimov
#157Autumn_SacuraPosted 1/4/2013 7:01:45 AM
Things probably bad for Vita, if you discuss 15-years old games here...
#158MegaMettaurPosted 1/4/2013 7:03:01 AM
Virtue777 posted...
Slayn posted...
They both suck, but 8 sucked the worst out of all. Hated that game with a passion. Could never pass it, story was so bad.

Agreed. FF VII is the only FF worth playing, all of the others are garbage.

Almost every game in the series is better than 7. 7 was just hyped so much more than any other game, being one of the first 3D RPGS and all. If we had already gotten 2, 3, and 5 before we got 7, opinions and hype definitely would be different.
---
Now Playing (VITA): Ragnarok Oddysey, DJ Max Technika Tune (soon) PSN: Roksor.
Now Playing (PC): TalonRO
#159MizunoRyuuPosted 1/4/2013 7:04:45 AM
Personally, I prefer IX, but I can see why some people would go for VIII. If you like junctioning and the spell system, go ahead and choose VIII.
---
Evelynn is my waifu.
Help... Me...
#160LimbicPosted 1/4/2013 7:12:08 AM
I liked the aesthetic of 9 and prefer it overall, but 8's junction system allowed for some nice abuse.

I believe I was able to put zombify onto an attack-all weapon and then some other character had an mp-free life-all spell that I could aim at the enemy. Any pack of mobs would be dead in one turn. Two if my attacks weren't coordinated.
---
Paid DLC at release = end of games.