Final Fantasy 8 or Final Fantasy 9? Which is better?

#181TaijutsuJoshuaPosted 1/4/2013 10:58:23 AM
It seems that a lot of people who said 8 hated 9.

I actually liked VIII, it's actually one of my favorites in the series. That being said, I'm aware of its faults and overboard hate, like anything hated in FF.

IX is probably the better game. It's more rooted in fantasy and the characters all have a charm to them, not to mention a positive protagonist after about 3 brooding or emotional types.
---
PSN: Xyler_Stone09
Black 2 FC: 2967 6431 8466 [Josh]
#182Sami1000Posted 1/4/2013 11:02:11 AM
I like both equally. FF i like less than 8 & 9 but thats only because it haven't aged as gracefully. I'm playing 8 now and i'm having blast and next i'll get 9 and i hope that US version doesn't have that same annoying slow down issue as EU version has when you use magic or certain skills.

I honestly feel that people hate 8 only because they think its cool and it makes them better FF fans than those who likes it.
#183Oni_TaedoPosted 1/4/2013 11:24:15 AM
Both suck equally.
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
Hit me up for a match, always looking for new sparring partners.
#184KeyBlade999Posted 1/4/2013 11:43:24 AM
Oni_Taedo posted...
Both suck equally.

I love your infallible logic. </sarcasm>
---
Every wound a new opportunity, every curse a new challenge.
I shall encounter defeats... But I will not be defeated.
#185MegamanVSBassPosted 1/4/2013 12:31:24 PM(edited)
I'd have to say VIII, easy.

IX was extremely bland to me. There was nothing interesting about the characters/story, and it felt like mostly a chore to finish it.
---
Chicken, the best food ever.
Waiting for: PSP 2, new Jet Set Radio game.
#186flame030191Posted 1/4/2013 12:42:09 PM
MegamanVSBass posted...
I'd have to say VIII, easy.

IX was extremely bland to me. There was nothing interesting about the characters/story, and it felt like mostly a chore to finish it.

Especially the secret final boss that had no form of hinting, placement, or belonging in the game. Just another diversion covered up as "fair challenge" placed to aggravate those who might've had interest in the bland story.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
Sonic Adventure 2 = the last GOOD Sonic game.
#187Arn544Posted 1/4/2013 12:47:08 PM
FF8's story was brilliant and deep, anybody who thinks it was bad needs to force their 3 braincells to work a little harder so they can comprehend it.
#188Sami1000Posted 1/4/2013 1:07:44 PM
Arn544 posted...
FF8's story was brilliant and deep, anybody who thinks it was bad needs to force their 3 braincells to work a little harder so they can comprehend it.

As much i like FF8 i think people hated the junction system the most. My first times playing it i didn't ever use magic. Made my characters immune to anything which would make me loose character control and became really over powered far before finishing the game. Every non side quest boss are really easy in the game. FF8 system is laughably easy to abuse.

I'm now playing it differently and i'm using magic a lot and don't grind too much and its still really easy.

FF9 is much better combat wise compared to FF7 or 8.

I like 8 & 9 a lot and even though FF8 has its flaws i still somehow like it more than 9. Its the music, characters, the world, summons etc. Only thing which keeps it being from master piece is definitely the junction system.