Final Fantasy 8 or Final Fantasy 9? Which is better?

#41KarnRX78Posted 1/3/2013 7:16:41 PM
Two of my favorites in the series.

I find VIII to be very very easy. I never had a problem with the Draw system, but you get GF abilities to refine magic from items pretty early, frankly I just don't see why people hate it. If you take the time to Draw early on, you make the game even easier by junctioning it to stats and so forth. Weapons upgrading is easy as well, only a couple of them are time consuming.
The story and characters can be lackluster. Still an enjoyable game, VIII is number 3 on my favorite FF list.

IX is a really solid game, currently number one on my favorite FF list. I'm currently near the end of a playthrough of it. There isn't anything really wrong with the game, battles are a little slow is about it. It has some of the best side quests in the series, and the mini games are fun as well. You can't go wrong with it.

I suggests playing through both at some point. They are both worth the money, better bang for the buck than most games in recent years.
#42HadminPosted 1/3/2013 7:23:23 PM
VIII any day. has a better story than 9 and I never thought i'd say this, alot more interesting characters.

IX is ugly through and through.
#43LemonKweenstaaaPosted 1/3/2013 7:27:12 PM
VIII most definitely. Squall is a badass with an awesome weapon.

Zidane is a stupid perverted monkey boy.

"Ooh, soft."

Garnet should have slapped him for that.
---
Official Orange Sherbet of the IDF
the PSP isn't a Sony console ~LuminescentRule
#44ColdNemesisPosted 1/3/2013 7:31:43 PM
8 all the way for me, the gf, the gf skills, the look of the game, I really hate almost all the characters in ff9! even Vivi!
#45HadminPosted 1/3/2013 7:35:04 PM
Oh! And VIII Chocobo theme! \,,/
#46AH88Posted 1/3/2013 7:37:03 PM
VIII for me, really didn't care for IX at all.
#47R_ChampPosted 1/3/2013 7:38:11 PM
ColdNemesis posted...
8 all the way for me, the gf, the gf skills, the look of the game, I really hate almost all the characters in ff9! even Vivi!

Nooo! Not Vivi!

I admit I like VIII better for a lot of reasons. The junction system is still the best character customization to date. I could never really get into most other FF's cuztomization system because it was pretty much: equip item, fight to learn its skills, repeat. With VIII at least you could choose what to junction and on what stat. It's sweet being able to do things like sending Rinoa on a Meteor rampage with Angel Wing or whacking your allies to heal them.
#48darkdragongirlPosted 1/3/2013 7:45:06 PM
VIII
---
Playing: Ragnarok Odyssey
I've got a poring on my mind, and toast in my mouth, let's quest!
#49KaliestoPosted 1/3/2013 7:45:59 PM
I loved 8 for it's story......(don't flame me trolls).

There's reasons why I loved it.
---
"GameFAQs is a giant MMO text adventure." - Clarifinatious
"I've beat it twice." - TheLichLord
#50__starsnostarsPosted 1/3/2013 7:46:08 PM
9 is one the best games in the series. 8 is the worst game in the series.
---
That's our bones in the dust shining like the sun
We were golden We were golden We were golden