Call of Duty Black Ops Declassified 2 winter 2013

#21KenauePosted 1/4/2013 11:38:30 AM
I'm glad those idiots at Nihilistic won't be around to touch it.
---
A Proud Supporter of the Nashville Predators!
Goddamn lockout cancelling my season...
#22TLR_Posted 1/4/2013 11:53:37 AM(edited)
OtakuGamera posted...
i have seen alot of people who played it that claimed it is a very solid game, at least MP wise

Hell, the single player ain't bad either. Trying to nail those trophies is challenging and, more importantly - really damn fun.

You'll hear people talking about a short campaign... but honestly, that's just another episode of New Super Mario Bros, where you'll never find someone whos tales of "one hour completion" also came with any kind of decent ratings... or, in this case, enough trophies to have really seen what SP is all about.

I myself could rush through the SP in about an hour, but my trophies, ratings and completion would all look like crap. Trying to nail anything more than a lame 1-star on any section of the SP (or the multitude of trophies involved) will, inevitably, turn the single player into a battery-consuming menace.
---
The Most Complete Database for Games Playable on the Xperia PLAY: Xperia PLAY Gamer
http://xperiaplaygamer.net
#23gldooriiPosted 1/4/2013 11:43:00 AM
I brought my Vita and newly bought CoD to play while I waited in the car for my wife to browse around in Home Goods (3rd time I had been there that day, my butt wasn't going in that time) and to my surprise...I literally finished the game as she was walking out to the car. I had no freakin idea that the "story" was just a bunch of missions that take around 3 minutes to finish. I'm soooo glad I only paid $5 for this after the sale and a gift card, because I would be pretty pissed if I was one of the fools that paid full price for it. I did spend a good few hours later that night on multiplayer and hostiles, but I was let down big time. Hostiles can be fun in 15 minute bursts...but it feels so empty.. Multiplayer was decent, well, when I could connect... Ugh...

Anyways, maybe this time we'll get a good CoD if the Vita is still around when it comes out.
---
PSN - gldoorii
Live - xgldooriix
#24backguard222Posted 1/4/2013 11:45:10 AM
This has a lot of promise. Already a BOD engine to build off of and to drastically improve. I'm optimistic. Let's just hope it ends up in competent hands.

But...do the BOD numbers prove that people will buy junk games as long as it has the COD name?
#25manobonPosted 1/4/2013 12:08:09 PM
backguard222 posted...
This has a lot of promise. Already a BOD engine to build off of and to drastically improve. I'm optimistic. Let's just hope it ends up in competent hands.

But...do the BOD numbers prove that people will buy junk games as long as it has the COD name?

Not sure if the numbers prove it (how many copies has it sold so far?), but it certainly Seems like it.

Also, since it sold well enough for a sequel, despite all the reviews saying it was such a shoddy product, what's to keep Activision from putting it on another developer with only 6 months to make it?
#26RotuhiiriPosted 1/4/2013 12:23:16 PM
I'm all for it if it is an ambitious title. I have learned that many "deleted tweets" are in fact photoshopped though so I won't believe it until I see an official announcement. I think that if there will be a Call of Duty on the Vita this year, it will be called something else because the Declassified name is ruined.
---
JRPG fans, support our struggle: http://chn.ge/SsowWy
Join our cause: https://www.facebook.com/OperationDemonBane
#27st-tchesPosted 1/4/2013 12:25:42 PM
Completion times are all relative, hell some guy beat Dark Souls in like 2 hours with no glitches. Either way, if multiplayer was much less buggy this game would be one of the most impressive handheld FPS games I've seen to date. Now that a company has more than a month to work on a game, maybe it'll turn out well.
Let's be serious though, story mode in the majority of recent COD games has blown, so I'm not butthurt over it not really shining on the vita version.
#28thompsontalker7Posted 1/4/2013 12:51:04 PM(edited)
gray_fox_00 posted...
Well at least Nihilistic wont be touching it this time around. That alone should make everyone feel better.

This alone has given me hope for the sequel.

They should get the guys who did the DS versions of Call of Duty to do it (N-Space), they were able to do so much with the DS's limited hardware, and I'm sure they could do even more with the Vita.

But does that mean there will be a new Black Ops in November 2013 instead of a IW COD?
---
Not removing this until Dr. Dre's Detox album is out. 11/22/08
THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK THY HAND IN TV, DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT!
#29flame030191Posted 1/4/2013 12:57:43 PM
thompsontalker7 posted...
gray_fox_00 posted...
Well at least Nihilistic wont be touching it this time around. That alone should make everyone feel better.

This alone has given me hope for the sequel.

They should get the guys who did the DS versions of Call of Duty to do it (N-Space), they were able to do so much with the DS's limited hardware, and I'm sure they could do even more with the Vita.

But does that mean there will be a new Black Ops in November 2013 instead of a IW COD?

If they get N-Space to do it, I'm not buying it. DS Call of Duty was crap. Metroid Prime Hunters, which came out before any CoD on DS, played better, was more responsive, and had a better MP than any CoD games. Nihilistic never got a proper chance to show they could make a good game from a well established franchise. Resistance was already dead, look at R3. CoD is the only well-established franchise they got to work on, and anyone following it's development cycle knows that. They still gave the best CoD game on a portable system with the best controls and most in-depth features. In a sense, it was a lot like the console CoD games, just dulled down.

N-Space had 5 attempts, and barely made them better. The enhancement from W@W through MW3 on DS was less impressive than CoD4 to World at War on console, which wasn't much. N-Space failed 5 times, to the point where Activision doesn't even advertise their games, and dropped them for this one.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
Sonic Adventure 2 = the last GOOD Sonic game.
#30thompsontalker7Posted 1/4/2013 1:03:28 PM
You kidding? They attempted to make each game as packed as the console version, with Black Ops even having a Zombie mode. The game is full of good voice acting, weapon variety, and with each release they were getting closer and closer to making the multiplayer almost comparable to a console release.

Course, since it was on the DS, no one really bought it. If they were brought to the Vita, I'm sure they could do a better job than Nihilistic ever could.
---
Not removing this until Dr. Dre's Detox album is out. 11/22/08
THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK THY HAND IN TV, DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT!