PS:Vita Vs Tablets Vs Nvidia Shield

#41ThundarPosted 1/7/2013 1:03:11 AM
I'm still laughing at the original post TC. Have you been living under a rock or did you not already notice the 3DS ass whooping the Vita? And yes, I left tablets and the shield off the list because if I include them, then I have to include smart phones, laptops, and all kinds of other crap.
---
http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/vv313/girshootslasers/1315697017393-1.jpg
#42ThePonyColliePosted 1/7/2013 1:03:48 AM
I'll just buy whatever I like. I have a Vita, and I'm interested in the Nvidia Shield.
---
"You better not change the game, and you better be DAMN sure you don't make it the same game every time!" - RE Fans
#43Shadowfxd2Posted 1/7/2013 1:05:22 AM
I'll remark on traditional handhelds.

Not made by Nintendo, Sega or Sony.
No exclusives.
Higher specs than most tablets
Tablets aren't handhelds imo since it needs add-ons for button support
Has a controller not just buttons
Borrowed library
Doubtful it is for the casual market aside from lolAndroidgaems

Oh, and it looks like it does remote play better than the Vita. Kthnxbai.

so NeoGeo Pocket Color, Wonderswan, N-gage, Lynx, Game.com and Turbo Express weren't portable game systems, since they weren't made by Sony, Sega or Nintendo? This isn't a tablet, it's basically a Android gaming device, with PC streaming, with better specs than Vita. Vita has a borrowed library and thinner than the Nvidia handheld. Vita hasn't even hit the casual market, the Nvidia player may just get as many sales as Vita, or maybe more, who knows?
---
http://i.imgur.com/NbGmq.jpg, http://i.imgur.com/ARXXY.jpg
Equals: http://i.imgur.com/ZpBae.jpg, Hmmm: http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/29629070.jpg
#44fire2box(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2013 1:06:34 AM
Thundar posted...
I'm still laughing at the original post TC. Have you been living under a rock or did you not already notice the 3DS ass whooping the Vita? And yes, I left tablets and the shield off the list because if I include them, then I have to include smart phones, laptops, and all kinds of other crap.

laptops aren't handheld devices and most aren't even designed for gaming.

anyways why should I mention the 3DS? Sony doesn't see it as a competitor and everyone knows the 3DS is selling a lot more then PS:V.
---
Roswill Challenger case | ASRock B75 PRO3 | Ivy bridge i5 3570k @3.40GHz | 8 GB G Skill ripsaw DDR3 @ 1600 | single XFX 7870 GHz edition | OCZ 600W modular PSU
#45EseenuzPosted 1/7/2013 1:07:22 AM
Eseenuz posted...
Eseenuz posted...
lol The Vita fits in my pocket

the others do not
#46darkdragongirlPosted 1/7/2013 1:08:34 AM
Shadowfxd2 posted...

No exclusives.
Borrowed library

so NeoGeo Pocket Color, Wonderswan, N-gage, Lynx, Game.com and Turbo Express weren't portable game systems, since they weren't made by Sony, Sega or Nintendo? This isn't a tablet, it's basically a Android gaming device, with PC streaming, with better specs than Vita. Vita has a borrowed library and thinner than the Nvidia handheld. Vita hasn't even hit the casual market, the Nvidia player may just get as many sales as Vita, or maybe more, who knows?

Exactly! Who knows? Who cares?

I am just saying, but people have to make trollbait topics or be afraid for their Vita. I made my statements, and aside from the remote play jab I love my Vita. We'll see how this goes, but saying lolShield or lolVita is silly. This topic is silly, and we're silly for being in it.
---
Playing: Ragnarok Odyssey
I've got a poring on my mind, and toast in my mouth, let's quest!
#47ThundarPosted 1/7/2013 1:11:02 AM
Shadowfxd2 posted...

No exclusives.
Borrowed library

An android gaming device? What do you think a Nexus 7 is? What exactly does the Shield do that a Nexus 7 can't while away from home? The vast majority of the PC gaming public won't be wanting to stream their hi-def games to a tiny screen. 3DS and VIta at least have a gaming library they can call their own. What will the Shield have? A shared android library with all the other millions of other devices?
---
#48EseenuzPosted 1/7/2013 1:11:13 AM
darkdragongirl posted...
Shadowfxd2 posted...

No exclusives.
Borrowed library

Exactly! Who knows? Who cares?

I am just saying, but people have to make trollbait topics or be afraid for their Vita. I made my statements, and aside from the remote play jab I love my Vita. We'll see how this goes, but saying lolShield or lolVita is silly. This topic is silly, and we're silly for being in it.

yes there is truth here. however as above so below

This is MY house lol I'll not have intruders s****** on my floor lol
#49fire2box(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2013 1:12:56 AM
darkdragongirl posted...

No exclusives.
Borrowed library

Your statement of only nintendo, sony and sega can make traditional handhelds is false. Or at best is just videogame fanboyism.

no exclusives? Who needs exclusives. They just hurt the industry as a whole and causes more divide.

It's higher specs then the PS Vita and uses standard memeory cards.

Nvidia's handheld does have a built in controller

borrowed libary? So PS Vita and 3Ds aren't real handhelds since they can play PS1/PSP titles and 3DS can play DS games?

you don't need to be marketed for a casual market to be a handheld game console.

In a sense. your just making up "traditional handhelds" There was never any one standard portable game console. Asides maybe the first electric handheld games from the early 80's. maybe something like Simon.
---
Roswill Challenger case | ASRock B75 PRO3 | Ivy bridge i5 3570k @3.40GHz | 8 GB G Skill ripsaw DDR3 @ 1600 | single XFX 7870 GHz edition | OCZ 600W modular PSU
#50ThundarPosted 1/7/2013 1:13:17 AM
fire2box posted...
Thundar posted...

laptops aren't handheld devices and most aren't even designed for gaming.

anyways why should I mention the 3DS? Sony doesn't see it as a competitor and everyone knows the 3DS is selling a lot more then PS:V.

Soo you think tablets and the Shield are more in competition with Vita than 3DS? I'm sure you don't, but then again you probably realize how dumb this topic is then.
---