Should the Vita be discontinued?

#21blunderminePosted 1/7/2013 9:01:27 AM
Zekrix posted...
AceAndJunpei posted...
carsauce posted...
carsauce posted...
That's when SONY says it actually is and no more further games developed in April at least.

The following are not ports:

Earth Defense Force 2017 Portable

Demon Gaze (Japan)
Tales of Hearts R (Japan)
Soul Sacrifice

those are so far the games not ports originally for the PS Vita but I wonder what else will be the next batch of games.

Uhhhh...EDF is a port.

So only 3 not port games are coming out. Such a GREAT library. 3DS should be ashamaed and Nintendo should retire due to Sony's sheer awesomeness!

And one is a remake...
---
So if Nintendo changed the name of the Wii - U, would they be pulling a U-Wii?
#22carsauce(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2013 9:05:35 AM
Earth Defense Force 2017

Fine that does not count as well, but that's another port designed for the PS Vita as Persona 4 Golden
---
Someday, someone will walk into your life and make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else. -anonymous
#23DucePosted 1/7/2013 9:06:37 AM
Sony should just pull out of that region entirely and develop in growing new markets. Japan now rejects the Sony brand these are the same people that threw themselves to buy a PS2 the difference now is Sony caters to the West and the xenophobic Japanese don't like it.
#24carsauce(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2013 9:07:15 AM
I like how this thread is, a lot of trolls trying to put down the Vita still, but all in serious, I'm just wanting to discuss about the fate of the PS Vita, time to ignore trolls and negative people again, only reply to the ones who actually are serious about this.
---
Someday, someone will walk into your life and make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else. -anonymous
#25carsauce(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2013 9:09:33 AM
Sony should just pull out of that region entirely and develop in growing new markets. Japan now rejects the Sony brand these are the same people that threw themselves to buy a PS2 the difference now is Sony caters to the West and the xenophobic Japanese don't like it.

I still just don't believe that, or Japan would not be getting games developed for the Vita.
---
#26TerotrousPosted 1/7/2013 9:11:11 AM
Zekrix posted...
LOL. Gravity Overrated or Big Flop Planet are CERTAINTLY better! Don't forget the awesome, 10/10 CoD everyone LOVES! That blows all the Pokemon games out of the wind!

What pokemon games? The only one 3DS currently has is Rumble Blast, which is decent, but not amazing by any stretch. Magnagate may be a heavy hitter (Mystery Dungeon Sky is one of the best DS games), but it isn't out in North America yet.

For the record, the Vita currently has the following:

Gravity Daze
Wipeout 2048
Hot Shots Golf World Invitational
Ragnarok Odyssey
Playstation Allstars Battle Royale
Street Fighter X Tekken
Disgaea 3
Persona 4

All of which are pretty solid and generally have higher scope / production values than most 3DS games.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "NES Die Hard"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#27bano123Posted 1/7/2013 9:12:41 AM
Zekrix: There are still games being developed for it? All are ports, because developers are scared of losing money developing exclusively to Vita, so they also create the game for PS3.

Zekrix: So only 3 not port games are coming out. Such a GREAT library. 3DS should be ashamaed and Nintendo should retire due to Sony's sheer awesomeness!

Zekrix: Can SONY create something more popular than Hatsune Miku in JAPAN? Answer the question by yourself. And you saw how hard the anticipated Miku game bombed.

Zekrix: LOL. Gravity Overrated or Big Flop Planet are CERTAINTLY better! Don't forget the awesome, 10/10 CoD everyone LOVES! That blows all the Pokemon games out of the wind!

Leave Nintendrone, the 3DS board is that way >
#28stargazer64Posted 1/7/2013 9:12:42 AM
FKRW4Life posted...
Zekrix posted...
Terotrous posted...
and possibly even better than what 3DS currently has, despite its head start).

LOL. Gravity Overrated or Big Flop Planet are CERTAINTLY better! Don't forget the awesome, 10/10 CoD everyone LOVES! That blows all the Pokemon games out of the wind!

You seem kinda angry there guy...

Why is your new schtick to tell everyone that they seem angry? Did you see someone use that tactic and think to yourself, THIS IS SUPER-EFFECTIVE!

(btw, despite my use of an exclamation point I am not angry at the moment)
---
What? You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate the whole... wheel of cheese? How'd you do that? Heck, I'm not even mad; that's amazing.
#29SpotlessedenPosted 1/7/2013 9:18:30 AM
carsauce posted...
Been a while since I now have enjoyed my Vita. but far as in games, I don't see alot of third part support now for it, Sure it has only just come out at least 1 year by now or least seems like it, but If it is a discontinued, then this will be just a lost gem later on in the future, but so far still having a great time with my Vita and the last game I bought is Persona 4 Golden, but yea, a lot of others bought a Vita at the time the bundles debut and others got it at a cheaper price, but as 2013 has started, we have a at least 3 months or 4 to see the remaining games developed, also we need more RPG's and Sports for this system, but all in all still it's nice to taste some current gen graphics in portable form at least somewhat of it.

this is not a good reasons to discontunued something.
#30Nightmare637Posted 1/7/2013 9:20:30 AM
soul sacrifice, God eater 2, and Monster monpiece aren't ports.
---
PSN:Nightmare637