Spiffy247 posted...
carsauce posted...
Should the Vita be discontinued?

Yes. In 2018.

In your dreams.
---
Proud member of Team Galactic ~The True G~
#52Cable_mvc2Posted 1/7/2013 10:29:32 AM
Vita was killed after the horrible black friday sales. Sony would rather lose money then admit defeat. Time to let it go.
#53Spiffy247Posted 1/7/2013 10:32:48 AM(edited)
Zekrix posted...
Spiffy247 posted...
carsauce posted...
Should the Vita be discontinued?

Yes. In 2018.

In your dreams.

Actually, my dreams are very realistic these days. So cool.
Edit: and he said "should the Vita" not "will the Vita".
---
I'm clever, vaguely feminine, a vampire, and I wield Dice. PH33R.
The 3DS and PSVita are both outstanding systems. Wally the Equality Weasel says so.
#54EseenuzPosted 1/7/2013 10:32:53 AM
They say that worrying is like praying for bad things to happen lol
#55TerotrousPosted 1/7/2013 10:38:56 AM
PSVita sold like 4 mil in its first year, putting it only barely ahead of other such dismal flops as Xbox 360 and Playstation 3.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "NES Die Hard"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#56TyrantLowKeyPosted 1/7/2013 10:44:35 AM
Lord_Vishana posted...
No logical person would want any system to fail. Competition is necessary among the gaming industry. Without competition a company/developer will become complacent, and quality will diminish. Does anyone want to see the entire industry soley dominated by Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft or Apple? I definitely don't!

Hear Hear!!

Seriously Vita is nice. Atleast to me. If TC and others don't want it, sure don't buy it but I definitely don't think that Vita "should" be discontinued. As long as I have use for the system, I'll want support for it and since I own not one but 2 PS Vita's (long story), I definitely want it to keep getting new games (and it has some awesome ones already).
---
All time favs: FFX Int., FFXIII, Shadow Hearts Series, SMT: Nocturne, SMT DS OC (3DS), ToGF, TotA, FFT, Xenogears, Chrono Trigger, ARF (Wii), LO (360), TO (PSP)
#57whatnow12012Posted 1/7/2013 10:48:09 AM
The Vita is still an infant not even a year old, many games are in the works we just dont know what those are yet.

Many of those will more than likely be revealed at E3 also it takes time to make Portable games compared to a console it is harder to work on a Portable than it is a console.

God Eater 2, YS Celestia, and Final Fantasy X HD and maybe Final Fantasy Agigato will be out on the Vita by 2014.

Agigato could be doing like God 2 is being dual generations such as God 2 will be for the PSP & Vita maybe Agigato will also.

More games will be announced at E3 more than likely ports of games that are out now such as DOA 5 Plus similar towards how Mortal Kombat is it is a complete version of the game with some new modes.

I am hoping for a Tales of game for the Vita. I may go ahead and get my Vita now maybe around April then get the 3DS around Black Friday around then they mark the 3DS down alot.

I can still play Soul Sacrifice and Dragons Crown this year and others I havent played yet such as Ragnarok.
#58TerotrousPosted 1/7/2013 10:59:46 AM
whatnow12012 posted...
Many of those will more than likely be revealed at E3 also it takes time to make Portable games compared to a console it is harder to work on a Portable than it is a console.

This is not true, it's exactly the opposite. Portable games are much cheaper to make than console games, that's why Japan made so many of them this gen (most Japanese companies can't afford HD development costs).
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "NES Die Hard"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#59RagnawindPosted 1/7/2013 11:02:30 AM
No, it shouldn't. It has released quite a few games, and I still enjoy the system and have since the day I got it. If more people bought this system, which is just as good if not better than 3DS, there would be more games on it. Mostly on my 3DS and just play regular DS games. On the Vita, I play my Vita games. I keep my PSP games on my PSP, also, as UMDS.
#60JP_SartrePosted 1/7/2013 11:04:36 AM
Vita exists in the *NOW*, Not the future or past. You should all read some Eckhart Tolle.

Perception of GameFaqs users =/= the normal world. Therefore, this thread is invalid.
---
"The Virtual Boy didn't fail. We failed the Virtual Boy"
-fallenKlNG