Preparing to sell my Vita if sales don't improve soon

#71blunderminePosted 1/8/2013 11:17:42 AM
king_madden posted...
blundermine posted...
OtakuGamera posted...
Last I checked you need a system to have games to enjoy it.

ic, that must explains why i enjoy the vita so much

You wont be enjoying it for long if they stop making games for it.

what devs have said they arent making games for it?

what devs have said they are is a better question.
---
So if Nintendo changed the name of the Wii - U, would they be pulling a U-Wii?
#72LuminescentRulePosted 1/8/2013 11:26:31 AM
blundermine posted...
king_madden posted...
blundermine posted...
OtakuGamera posted...

what devs have said they are is a better question.

Let us know when the Vita stops getting games. In the meantime, you're making a fool.
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/EmperorLawlight.png
#73TerotrousPosted 1/8/2013 11:59:36 AM
You guys do realize that despite all the trolling, Vita has sold over 4 million units worldwide, right?

That's not really THAT bad for year 1 sales. Its Japan sales do totally suck, but the other regions are okay. Assuming it maintains this pace, it should sell about 30-40 million over 5 years (sales increase towards the middle of the generation, then decline), which is not spectacular, but is sustainable.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "NES Die Hard"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#74maximumbarmagePosted 1/8/2013 12:02:36 PM
Indeed. How well something is selling is directly proportional to how enjoyable it is.

I know I can't bear the thought of another game of Ragnarok Odyssey after seeing Vita's Japanese sales for the week. Boo hoo!
---
"Maybe it would be quicker to list the Wii U multiplatform titles that AREN'T vastly inferior ports..." - SimeonSays
#75blunderminePosted 1/8/2013 12:16:33 PM
Terotrous posted...
You guys do realize that despite all the trolling, Vita has sold over 4 million units worldwide, right?

That's not really THAT bad for year 1 sales. Its Japan sales do totally suck, but the other regions are okay. Assuming it maintains this pace, it should sell about 30-40 million over 5 years (sales increase towards the middle of the generation, then decline), which is not spectacular, but is sustainable.

For it to hit 40 million it would have to more than double its first year totals every year going forward. It would have to do this without the 1 million unit bonus it got this year thanks to launch.

It's not doing great in other regions either. It's often averaging 10,000/week in the US and 18,000/week in Europe.
---
#76TerotrousPosted 1/8/2013 12:23:46 PM
blundermine posted...
For it to hit 40 million it would have to more than double its first year totals every year going forward. It would have to do this without the 1 million unit bonus it got this year thanks to launch.

Considering that this year was very slow due to its Q1 launch, that's more than possible. 3DS pulled it off easily enough.

It's not doing great in other regions either. It's often averaging 10,000/week in the US and 18,000/week in Europe.

Yes but those are bad weeks where nothing comes out. If you include the good weeks the average is obviously higher, as it's already broken 1.5 mil in both of those territories in less than a year.
---
#77blunderminePosted 1/8/2013 12:57:29 PM
Terotrous posted...
blundermine posted...

Considering that this year was very slow due to its Q1 launch, that's more than possible. 3DS pulled it off easily enough.

It had a Q4 launch in Japan, but that being aside the 3DS needed a drastic price cut and two major titles from established series the likes of which Vita can't compete against. Even when things were dire for the 3DS (pre price cut), it still moved twice what the Vita has been averaging during the same period the following year.

Yes but those are bad weeks where nothing comes out. If you include the good weeks the average is obviously higher, as it's already broken 1.5 mil in both of those territories in less than a year.

Well again you have to take out launch bonus, from these regions, because that's a one time spike, and that's about 250 to 300 thousand of the top of each one.

As of now, the US is at 1,242,000 YTD, so they're under 1 million without the launch spike, and Europe is only fairing slightly better with 1,351,000 YTD, so they're at about 1.1 million without the spike. That's less than what the 3DS did in each of these regions in just December. At the same time last year, the 3DS was at 4.1 million in the US and 3.6 million in Europe (and 4.3 million in Japan compared to the Vita's 1.1 LTD even though Vita had an extra 3 months plus a holiday).

These numbers are terrible. There some of the worst on record for a video game system let alone a handheld (which typically sell more). Things are dire right now for the Vita. It needs to seriously improve it's performance or there wont be enough justification for companies to make software for it.
---
#78nariusseldonPosted 1/8/2013 12:59:14 PM
king_madden posted...
blundermine posted...
OtakuGamera posted...

Sony exec has said that they are disappointed by the lack of 3rd party support.
#79TerotrousPosted 1/8/2013 1:06:45 PM
blundermine posted...
It had a Q4 launch in Japan, but that being aside the 3DS needed a drastic price cut and two major titles from established series the likes of which Vita can't compete against. Even when things were dire for the 3DS (pre price cut), it still moved twice what the Vita has been averaging during the same period the following year.

Yes but Christmas is not nearly as big in Japan. If they could only do one Q4 launch, they obviously chose the wrong one.

Also, being outsold by 3DS 2 to 1 is nothing to be ashamed of. If they can manage to only get doubled by 3DS next year they'll be laughing all the way to the bank. They will need to do something similar, but they've already confirmed a price cut is coming. Now they just need to get a big game over here. FF Type-0 would probably work.

Well again you have to take out launch bonus, from these regions, because that's a one time spike, and that's about 250 to 300 thousand of the top of each one.

Sure, but the launch spike is rarely significant in the grand scheme of things. You'll see a similar if not larger spike at Christmas every year.

These numbers are terrible. There some of the worst on record for a video game system let alone a handheld (which typically sell more). Things are dire right now for the Vita. It needs to seriously improve it's performance or there wont be enough justification for companies to make software for it.

Oh please. Thanks to PS3 they're nowhere near the worst. They're low, but based on the launch time, they're not really any lower than should have been expected. Hence why I posted that launching in Q1 is "suicide". It almost killed the 3DS, of all things.
---
#80rab103Posted 1/8/2013 1:07:33 PM
Lord_Vishana posted...
*sets up popcorn cart*

I want some popcorn
---
If you believe in Satan, have accepted him as your lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig