In response to "Pokemon is announced, RIP Vita"

#101kakashik99992Posted 1/9/2013 8:44:26 AM
Crayonmuffin posted...
HungoverHero777 posted...
You used it as a derogatory term, however....

Did I? Don't think I did. I was referring to the person in question continuously calling me "son". Now, in the city that I live in, black guys usually call people "son". So is it not safe to assume that said person is black? There's no derogatory intention in any of this. Now, if he wasn't black, then I would be calling him dumb for calling someone older than him(unbeknownst to him or not) son.

I'm just talking to a blank page at this point though. Oh well.

Oh my little fella did I reopened some old scars? Show in the doll what the mean people did to you.

Dont worry big daddy sony has a place for all the other special children like you sit right next to FR4 and learn how to meltdown with him
---
My pokemon run http://thepunchlineismachismo.com/archives/150
#102azndhPosted 1/9/2013 8:45:38 AM
I make it no secret that I'm a die-hard Pokemon fan, but it still pisses me off how dumb these 3ds trolls can be sometimes, with all the gloating and taunting that's been going around.

That being said, I also find some of the criticisms people have of Pokemon hilariously ignorant and close-minded.

1. Plot sucks.
Pokemon has never been about plot since day one especially considering its target audience. The stories are simple to cater to children. Citing this as a flaw of the series is pointless. It was never the point of the series, let alone, its strong-point.

2. No innovation.
I'd like to see what you all Pokemon critics define innovation as. Because the definition you all are arguing for and are criticizing Pokemon sequels with can be applied to practically any video game sequel. Unless you are intimately familiar with the mechanics and progression of the games, how the hell can you say what is innovation and what isn't? Take fighting games for example. At the end of the day, a fighting game involves two or more fighters slugging it out in a fight, more or less, to determine a victor. Now, to a "casual" gamer who isn't too familiar with the Street Fighter series or fighting games in general, graphics aside, how different is Street Fighter 4 from Street Fight 3: Third Strike or hell even The King of Fighters 13?

In the same vein, from the perspective of someone who hasn't played Pokemon intensively enough or isn't familiar with its battle system (multiplayer, metagame, etc.), how different really is Pokemon Diamond or Pearl from Pokemon Ruby or Sapphire? "Innovation" takes different forms depending on the game or series being examined. Again, unless you are intimately familiar with the series's mechanics and progression, in this case with Pokemon, how can you honestly deem what is innovational and what isn't? You're free to form whatever opinion you'd like of the series in regards to its "lack of innovation", but don't do it while being ignorant of the plethora of changes the games have gone through over the years, aesthetically and mechanically.

3. It's target demographic is children.
I don't understand this logic. Because Pokemon is designed for children, anyone not deemed a child shouldn't be able to enjoy it? Should be ridiculed because they enjoy it? Why is it that Pixar fans don't get the same treatment? Because obviously Pixar films are made with children with mind as the "main" intended audience, yet they appeal all the same to people of all other ages because of their universal themes. The same could be said of Pokemon in a sense. Now, I'm not talking about something as simple-minded as the themes of friendship and unity present within the games (though there's nothing wrong with that). I'm talking about the "simple to grasp, yet difficult to master" battle system. Obviously, the battle system is VERY simple that even a toddler could grasp it. Just choose an attack and keep dealing damage until your opponent faints. When it comes down to it, that's what the games all come down to. This, coupled with the various colorful Pokemon designs ranging from cool to cute, makes the series very appealing to kids. But the multiplayer is an entirely different beast. It could not be any further from a child's game, and for those of you who'd like to argue otherwise, again, I'd like to stress the point I made above earlier regarding innovation because you clearly do not understand or are not familiar with the series' metagame. I can't even begin to explain the level of complexity that makes up Pokemon's metagame, but it's there. It is most definitely there. Beyond the battle system and multplayer, that sense of adventure and joy that each new iteration brings with it is what keeps me and other older Pokemon players coming back. The games are genuinely fun for us. What other reason do you need?
---
- "Nothing is true. Everything is permitted."
#103Crayonmuffin(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 8:46:04 AM
kakashik99992 posted...
Oh my little fella did I reopened some old scars? Show in the doll what the mean people did to you.

Dont worry big daddy sony has a place for all the other special children like you sit right next to FR4 and learn how to meltdown with him

I'm not sure what you're saying. But it's now glaringly clear that English isn't your forte.
#104Crayonmuffin(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 8:47:56 AM
azndh posted...
I make it no secret that I'm a die-hard Pokemon fan, but it still pisses me off how dumb these 3ds trolls can be sometimes, with all the gloating and taunting that's been going around.

I just want you to know, that your post is probably the only intelligent thing said in this topic. Congrats.
#105HungoverHero777Posted 1/9/2013 8:49:22 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#106Dark_ZenoPosted 1/9/2013 8:49:32 AM
Crayonmuffin posted...
azndh posted...

I just want you to know, that your post is probably the only intelligent thing said in this topic. Congrats.

So you admit that everything you said in this topic is ****? Thank God.
---
Radiant Historia is a amazing game and deserves more recognition.
#107HungoverHero777Posted 1/9/2013 8:50:07 AM
Crayonmuffin posted...
kakashik99992 posted...

I'm not sure what you're saying. But it's now glaringly clear that English isn't your forte.

It isn't. He said English is his 3rd language.....
---
My ideas for Crash Bandicoot Returns: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927750-playstation-3/64976858
Official "Co-Pun-isher" of the C2 board.
#108Koi_TenchiPosted 1/9/2013 8:50:55 AM
Crayonmuffin posted...
Nintendo: "Hey we're making another Pokemon game that will have very minor differences than the last 20 versions but this time it'll be on 3DS." *Sells millions*

Logic.

You literally just described every video game company ever so I'm not sure what your point is...

Capcom: "Hey we're making another Street Fighter game that will have very minor differences than the last 20 versions but this time it'll be on PS3/360." *Sells millions*

Sony: "Hey we're making another God of War game that will have very minor differences than the last 20 versions but this time it'll be on PS3." *Sells millions*

Nihilistic / Activision: "Hey we're making another Call of Duty game that will have very minor differences than the last 20 versions but this time it'll be on Vita." *Sells millions*

Logic.
---
It's a secret to everybody.
#109Crayonmuffin(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 8:51:27 AM
Pfft, let's be honest here: you have no way of knowing whether he's black or not nor do you have any proof you're older than him. Also, "It's this way in my city, so surely it's the same case everywhere else!"

That's why it's called an "assumption". Because I'm "assuming" something.

And if it's that way where I'm from, then obviously my thought process is going to be how it is from there.
#110Crayonmuffin(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 8:52:19 AM
It isn't. He said English is his 3rd language.....

I know...hence me saying it is now clear...