In response to "Pokemon is announced, RIP Vita"

#41BlestsolPosted 1/8/2013 5:38:42 PM
I think imma copp this new Pokemon. Damn shame that nintendo still has the ability to rope grown men in.
---
Psn:Blestsoul
#42squatch22Posted 1/8/2013 5:41:47 PM
AceAndJunpei posted...
skyrimer3d posted...
Couldn't care less, never got into Pokemon, and it was a given so I don't know what the fuss is about, like we know there will be a new Zelda, lots more mario, possibly a Metroid. Nintendo always innovating with new franchises you know.

I know, right? Thank God Sony innovates with new franchises like LBP (only the 4th in 4 years, 5 counting Karting), Uncharted (5 in 5 years counting the card game), ModNation Racers (3 in 3 years time), Wipeout (Almost 20 year old series with almost a dozen entries), Twisted Metal, etc. etc.

Love dem innovashuns sonnyy!

This. lol
---
Dog posted: I know I have bias...
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#43SilverWingZetaPosted 1/8/2013 6:02:01 PM
Crayonmuffin posted...
djmaster1994 posted...
Nintendo knows best.

>Continuously makes Pokemon games that have the same gameplay with each version and rely on that to keep their product alive.

Okay.

Without Pokemon, Nintendo handhelds are nothing. So yes, they have to milk it for all it's worth. Even if that means making birthday cake Pokemon and slapping it into a new gen.

...I am so sick of people going 'Nintendo milks franchises" like they are the only ones.
Activision releases a new Call of Duty each year
EA wanted to release a new Battlefield each year (DICE said no thankfully)
Both ran the music rythem game genre to the bloody ground.
Microsoft released Halo 4 after MC "finished the fight" and Bungi left
Square-Enix loves to re-release games over and over, not a new game but a remake/port.
Atlus is porting all the old SMT's to newer systems it seems
Capcom...need I need to say more about them?

These companies are a business and will make and sell what is popular to make money.
---
Sometimes I just watch the boards burn
http://thewindyloung.blogspot.com/ (new review Persona 4 Golden)
#44KaiKun91Posted 1/8/2013 6:06:52 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#45Crayonmuffin(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 5:31:28 AM
Hermeses posted...
People still play Pokemon? Lol it's time to let it die it's becoming the next guitar hero

All of my this. Pokemon games were good during the first two...maybe even up until third gen, but after that they're the same exact thing with even dumber pokemon every game. I know it'll sell well because they slap the word Pokemon on something it's going to sell but seriously can't really deny the rehashed crap design of the games. Just like Super mario Bros. SUPER MARIO BROS WII U. Same exact thing as the last game but now you can use a different controller. Okay. I wish Nintendo would make a new series rather than continue the same stuff over and over again.
#46Crayonmuffin(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 5:40:40 AM
SilverWingZeta posted...
...I am so sick of people going 'Nintendo milks franchises" like they are the only ones.
Square-Enix loves to re-release games over and over, not a new game but a remake/port.

These companies are a business and will make and sell what is popular to make money.

While a couple of these points are viable, Nintendo doesn't do it exactly like the other companies. COD is the same every year, maybe a graphics update. Same for Capcom. But BF, Halo, and most Square games all bring something new to each of their games that set a new standard for them.

Then there's Pokemon, for example. What do Pokemon games get that are new? Pokemon of course. Maybe a slight graphics update. Zelda games are essentially all the same. It's been years since I've seen a Mario bros game that didn't look and play exactly like the last one. Nintendo milks their IP's just like other companies, yes, but to the point where you don't even notice the difference.

I enjoy the Wii U. I'd wish they'd concentrate more on that.
#47toad133Posted 1/9/2013 5:58:10 AM
Crayonmuffin posted...
SilverWingZeta posted...

Then there's Pokemon, for example. What do Pokemon games get that are new? Pokemon of course. Maybe a slight graphics update.

And (from Black/White alone)

C-Gear.
Pokémon Dream World.
Entralink.
Pokémon Musical.
Seasons.
Triple Battles
Rotation Battles
More in-depth plot.

You need to learn to look beyond face value. There's more to it than just new Pokemon and graphics. You can argue some of these things are small additions, but nonetheless they're new ideas that helped provide innovation.
---
Not changing this sig till Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon is announced for VC.
Started: 16th of August 2008 13:27pm.
#48Crayonmuffin(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 6:13:39 AM
toad133 posted...
And (from Black/White alone)

C-Gear.
Pokémon Dream World.
Entralink.
Pokémon Musical.
Seasons.
Triple Battles
Rotation Battles
More in-depth plot.

You need to learn to look beyond face value. There's more to it than just new Pokemon and graphics. You can argue some of these things are small additions, but nonetheless they're new ideas that helped provide innovation.

Using the word innovation towards a Pokemon game is laughable. The first few Pokemon games were innovations. That's all. These add tiny bits of things but at the end of the day, the games are really the same experience each time. Plots are crap btw. Maybe for a pre teen or something of the sort, but for anyone above the age of 17 the games are stale.
#49skyrimer3dPosted 1/9/2013 6:17:01 AM
I still don't get why are we talking about pokemon on a Vita board.
#50GloryChaosPosted 1/9/2013 6:27:13 AM
This "they don't innovate" crap has got to be the worst stock response I have ever seen. The reason we have an iPhone 5, new super Mario bros, 4, halo 4, sonic on every gaming device, Little big planet Vita, etc, are because people enjoy them. People want them. People want them because they clearly believe that they are worth the money. And they are. Otherwise, they wouldn't be an enormous success to begin with.

Don't give me the sheeple argument either. Franchises exist around the world for a reason. Unless you never play more than one game in a series, eat different foods every single day, etc., you can never get away with saying, "lol rehashed series!" because so what?
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png