kaz hirai on vita sales: "long term is what's important"

#1skyrimer3dPosted 1/8/2013 2:42:38 PM
"Speaking at a press event directly after the conclusion of last night’s CES showcase, Sony CEO Kaz Hirai admitted that PlayStation Vita sales are currently at the bottom end of the company’s expectations. “I would say it’s on the low end of what we expected,” he explained, adding that it takes time before a system can be declared successful. “Long term is what's important.”

Hirai continued that people were extremely critical of the PlayStation 3 in its early days, but the platform is now a profitable part of Sony's business. As of 30th June, the company had sold 2.2 million Vita consoles worldwide. The manufacturer's been reluctant to provide updated figures in recent weeks, but it's safe to assume that the number has increased marginally over the past six months."

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2013/01/kaz_hirai_ps_vita_sales_are_on_the_low_end_of_expectations

Sorry vita haters, Vita is here to stay.
#2KGTriggerPosted 1/8/2013 2:43:51 PM
Sales don't matter. Long term doesn't matter either. Vita is the best no matter what.
---
PSN: PewPewPew809
3DS FC: 0344-9295-6089; Steam: Joben
#3Retroxgamer0Posted 1/8/2013 2:44:13 PM
thats what im going to say everytime i mess up in life. "long term is whats important"
#4stargazer64Posted 1/8/2013 2:44:17 PM
I like them long.

My console lifespans, I mean.
---
What? You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate the whole... wheel of cheese? How'd you do that? Heck, I'm not even mad; that's amazing.
#5AceAndJunpeiPosted 1/8/2013 2:45:42 PM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
thats what im going to say everytime i mess up in life. "long term is whats important"

LMAO, me too!

"Look officer, yeah, I drunkenly crashed into your cruiser, but in the long-term, won't there be more cruisers out there?"
---
Now Playing:Touch My Katamari (Vita), NSMB U (WiiU), Dishonored (360), UMvC3 (Vita) Shadows of the Damned(PS3)
#6ColorlessMagePosted 1/8/2013 2:53:27 PM
Retroxgamer0 posted...

LOL XD

Anyways glad to see that the vita will stay around :)

and also dibs on that being my sig!
---
Games currently playing:Uncharted GA,Gravity Rush,Rayman origins sonic all stars racing transformed.
#7StrikeNinja24Posted 1/8/2013 2:56:09 PM
That explains how well the "Dont judge the Vita before the first holiday" worked out.
---
Xbox & PS3 gametag = StrikeNinja24
And if Strike didn't stroke his own peen, then nobody would. - Super-Pangolin