Vita Sales Low According to Sony?

#11anon_firePosted 1/9/2013 3:45:12 PM
The only way to save the Vita is to make all PSP games work on the Vita.
#12Valkerion757Posted 1/9/2013 3:53:20 PM
Sony is killing themselves and the playstation branch isnt helping atm for w/e reason. The company is on auto pilot while the old men at the top think the world is the same as 20+ years ago.

An ad campaign for you know... ANY of their products would kinda be helpful lol.
---
PSN: Valkerion7 (KoF13:Benimaru, Shen, Daimon ) (BBCS: Litchi/Valkenhayn) ~ (SSF4: Rose/Makoto)~ (GG: Anji, I-No)
XBL: ValkerionSeven (Same games as PS3)
#13Genericgamer667Posted 1/9/2013 4:20:30 PM
serenade_beta posted...
Fire Hirai. Fire the idiot before its too late. (Or is it already?)

it's really not his fault. He was made the captain of a leaking ship. Whether he can plug the leak before it gets to bad is yet to be seen.
---
3DS FC: 4940-5445-8767
It is a remake, not my fault you people think ports are remakes (but only on Nintendo systems)-Demondog666 on Kid Icarus Uprising
#14LinkMaster2703Posted 1/9/2013 4:24:05 PM
Obviously sales are low. You have to be delusional not to think so. As much as people hate to admit it, system sales DO affect you personally. Just look at next years' release schedule for Vita, that's what bad sales gets you: no games.
---
New England Patriots: 12-4
http://psnprofiles.com/C_Dalke
#15The_DjokerPosted 1/9/2013 4:33:09 PM
FairyGlitter posted...
finaljayfantasy posted...
FairyGlitter posted...
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/08/sony-ceo-vita-sales-on-the-low-end-of-expectations

No, this isn't a flopic. I want to know the opinions of the Vita owners and/or fans. Is this a bad sign? What, in your own opinion, can Sony do to change this, if anything at all? Is it too late?

They are going to support the Vita just like they did with the PSP and PS3. What they need to do is kill the PSP off and let everyone know when the price drop is going to happen cuz if that happens the Vita will sale a lot bettter

I'm pretty sure they're still making quite a bit of money from the PSP (more than they're getting from the Vita, anyway). Can they afford to discontinue it? Most third-party developers would rather go for the PSP than the Vita, anyway.

Killing the PSP off would be idiocy. They sell at least 3 times as many PSP's a week than they do Vitas, plus they cost less to make, which means a greater profit per unit sold.

In Japan yes, if you combine global sales, vita outsells PSP 3:1. but you're right, discontinuing PSP in japan would be stupid. they should discontinue SP outside japan but i think they already have.
---
http://i.imgur.com/YjzIx.gif
#16DavCubePosted 1/9/2013 7:29:02 PM
They indeed have killed off the PSP in America. Only larger gamestops are stocking what few physical game releases are left and largely aren't accepting used UMDs anymore.
---
http://backloggery.com/davcube
#17PangLaPosted 1/9/2013 10:59:20 PM
Are you new here? There's been literally 500 threads of "PS Vita is doomed" "The Vita is flopping" etc.
#18fourgigmanPosted 1/9/2013 11:29:42 PM
PangLa posted...
Are you new here? There's been literally 500 threads of "PS Vita is doomed" "The Vita is flopping" etc.

501 now.
Pokemon seems to be taking over now.
---
PSN: bulletproofvita
#19CtubbiePosted 1/10/2013 5:31:00 AM
Sony's strategy to release a high end gaming device from the onset is a mistake.

They should release an inferior device, price it high to rip off early adopters. Then drop the price shortly to capture the mass market. Next, release accessories for the inferior vita without a 2nd analog stick to garner more sales.

Lastly, release a superior version so those who already have the inferior version will buy it again (double sales) and those who have not, will be tempted to get the new and improved version.
---
Dot
#20thesnoopmeisterPosted 1/10/2013 5:34:36 AM
fourgigman posted...
PangLa posted...

501 now.
Pokemon seems to be taking over now.

I wasn't interested in Pokemon before and gave it no thought.

But thanks to the Nintentrolls infesting this board i now have a passionate hatred for Pokemon.
---
PSN - thesnoopmeister