Vita's software sales (or lack thereof) is more telling than its hardware sales

#11DucePosted 1/10/2013 12:16:07 PM
Sony in Japan is a sinking ship this is beating a dead horse the Japanese are not going to buy Vita games no matter what gets released they are completely entrenched with Nintendo.
#12PlayaMadeTxn05Posted 1/10/2013 12:16:28 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#13FKRW4LifePosted 1/10/2013 12:18:26 PM
My vita is now not fun to play anymore due to this information?

*throws it against wall
---
Before you comment remember this "It is better to remain silent and be thought of as a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"
#14gamewhooper181(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 12:20:03 PM
Pasha777 posted...
Does that include digital downloads for the Vita?

It neither includes digital downloads for the Vita nor for the 3DS. If I did, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, for instance, would have sold more than 2.5 million alone.
---
PS3/PSN: gamewhooper
NNID/Miiverse: gamewhooper
#15Pasha777Posted 1/10/2013 12:24:35 PM
gamewhooper181 posted...
Pasha777 posted...

It neither includes digital downloads for the Vita nor for the 3DS. If I did, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, for instance, would have sold more than 2.5 million alone.

And you know that how?

And that lovely chart you linked compares WS and DC. FYI they didn't have DD so the whole comparison is just stupid.

Tbh some Vita games are very hard to get in physical form so DD sometimes is the only option.
#16kakashik99992Posted 1/10/2013 12:26:21 PM
Pasha777 posted...
gamewhooper181 posted...
Pasha777 posted...

And you know that how?

And that lovely chart you linked compares WS and DC. FYI they didn't have DD so the whole comparison is just stupid.

Tbh some Vita games are very hard to get in physical form so DD sometimes is the only option.

Nintendo said that on the initial weeks only AC had already more than 500k DD purchases
---
My pokemon run http://thepunchlineismachismo.com/archives/150
#17PangLaPosted 1/10/2013 12:26:26 PM
Duh. More hardware sales equal more software sales. Common sense.
#18Nightmare637Posted 1/10/2013 12:27:54 PM
Well actually the software sales won't be good if the hardware sales are bad.

thats common sense.
---
PSN:Nightmare637
#19gamewhooper181(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 12:42:15 PM
Pasha777 posted...
gamewhooper181 posted...
Pasha777 posted...

And you know that how?

Digital distribution has not caught on as largely in Japan as it has in the West. When revealing how Gravity Rush was doing, its creator had said that a bit over 10% of those who purchased the game did so digitally. Do you honestly think that Vita software would be doing better than Dreamcast software if you included digital purchases?

Animal Crossing: New Leaf, according to Famitsu, has sold 2,423,000 - a whole 320,000 more than Media Create has tracked. That disparity is because Famitsu just started tracking eShop cards that are sold in-store. Earlier in the year, NSMB2 and Brain Age: Concentration Training also had their own eShop cards. You don't think that 80,000 people bought Animal Crossing: New Leaf just off of the eShop without going to a store?
---
PS3/PSN: gamewhooper
NNID/Miiverse: gamewhooper
#20Pasha777Posted 1/10/2013 2:20:40 PM
gamewhooper181 posted...
Digital distribution has not caught on as largely in Japan as it has in the West. When revealing how Gravity Rush was doing, its creator had said that a bit over 10% of those who purchased the game did so digitally. Do you honestly think that Vita software would be doing better than Dreamcast software if you included digital purchases?

Animal Crossing: New Leaf, according to Famitsu, has sold 2,423,000 - a whole 320,000 more than Media Create has tracked. That disparity is because Famitsu just started tracking eShop cards that are sold in-store. Earlier in the year, NSMB2 and Brain Age: Concentration Training also had their own eShop cards. You don't think that 80,000 people bought Animal Crossing: New Leaf just off of the eShop without going to a store?

So let me get this straight. You said that DD is not a big deal in Japan. But then you say that DD games sell great on eShop (eShop cards and direct buys from eShop had sold over 400k copies, so given that the game sold 2,5mil in total, DD would account for 16% - or more - of overall sales, which is not too bad). So how is it with DD and Japan?

PS Vita started with DD games while DD is pretty new to 3DS. So I'd assume that the Vita users are used to DD by now and buy DD games more often than 3DS users. Therefore we can speculate that DD games on the Vita account for more than 16% (with Gravity Rush being an exception; it sold bad in Japan).

Let's assume that every Vita game sold 15-20%+ more units thanks to DD. That assumption alone makes that lovely chart useless.

I am not saying that Vita software sales are great, because they're not. However, I think they're not as bad as you claim.