If a YS game was made exclusively for the 3DS

#1carsaucePosted 1/10/2013 1:36:33 PM
Would you be upset that its not on the Vita? if Celceta is not localized?
---
Someday, someone will walk into your life and make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else. -anonymous
#2stargazer64Posted 1/10/2013 1:41:09 PM
No.
---
What? You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate the whole... wheel of cheese? How'd you do that? Heck, I'm not even mad; that's amazing.
#3GradyHooverPosted 1/10/2013 1:41:16 PM
A little bit, because Ys Celceta is part of why I bought my Vita. But not THAT upset, because, well, I'll take more Ys games wherever I can get them, and I"ve already gotten way more great games and ongoing usage out of my Vita than I anticipated, so it's not like it'd make the system a bad choice for me.

I'd just have to buy a 3DS, too; unfortunate, but there it is.
---
backlogger.tumblr.com - The Backlogger, where I wade through an ever-expanding backlog of video games
#4RotuhiiriPosted 1/10/2013 1:42:24 PM
My reaction would be: Awesome, a new Ys game! Same reaction as if the game was on Vita, PS3, Wii, Wii U, PC, Xbox 360 or PSP.
---
JRPG fans, support our struggle: http://chn.ge/SsowWy
Join our cause: https://www.facebook.com/OperationDemonBane
#5carsauce(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 1:43:30 PM
I would be happy for them but for an exclusive that would be great a total new YS game only for 3DS, I can really see that happening in the near future.
---
Someday, someone will walk into your life and make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else. -anonymous
#6carsauce(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 1:44:15 PM
My reaction would be: Awesome, a new Ys game! Same reaction as if the game was on Vita, PS3, Wii, Wii U, PC, Xbox 360 or PSP.

Yea but really designed for the 3DS, every single part of the system, especially the two way screen...that would really be killer.
---
#7Mister MoneyPosted 1/10/2013 1:44:26 PM
They did release Ys Strategy long ago for DS and it was an abysmal failure...but I don't think Falcom themselves did that..not sure.

Anyways, it would be quite shocking. But I do not think it will happen. If the Vita does fail completely, I think they would go back to PC. I'm guessing there will be at least one more Ys game for the Vita because they want to flesh out the touch screen use.

Kondo-san did say development for the next Ys title is already underway (when Celceta was released) and it will be a "Ys 8" aka New Story.

So hopes for a remake or port of Ys V have been dashed.

I started my Ys journey with Ark of Napishtim (PS2 and PSP). Then came Seven and Oath and now Celceta.

Contrary to most, Oath was not better than Seven for me. I still have not opened my Ys I&II Chronicles yet.
---
Proud owner of a PS Vita (Cosmic Red) PCH-1000 ZA03. :)
#8carsauce(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 1:45:40 PM
I love YS, so I'd buy a 3DS in a nutshell, just shows we follow where the games go, it happened on the 360, before PS3 came out, so yea.
---
#9GloryChaosPosted 1/10/2013 1:47:30 PM
I wouldn't be upset. And trolls wouldn't be able to stir anything up because the Ys fandom on gamefaqs is tiny.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png
#10carsauce(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 1:47:33 PM
I finished Oath and that was a rush, but yea YS Seven is just too good to be true and now Celcetta just looks and plays amazing on the Vita.
---