Did Persona 4 Golden boosts Vita sales?

#1rockman11_zPosted 1/10/2013 2:27:32 PM
I'm just curious.
---
Previous rank 5 all time in the world Capture the Leader/Guardian Gears of War 3.(Now rank 25)
#2FindmeElseweyrPosted 1/10/2013 2:28:45 PM
I'm sure it gave a slight boost, but the game itself only sold like, 300k? 500k?
---
I have never been more serious about anything in my life.
dungeonfighter.nexon.net
#3The_DjokerPosted 1/10/2013 2:32:39 PM
In Japan it did. It obviously boosted a little but not that much. P4 isn't a hugely popular mainstream title. Plus it's a port of a PS2 game. Unless you're FFX, you aren't going to boost anything by much.

But with the ridiculous bumming this game has been getting it has turned a lot of people to get Vitas and by a lot I mean a lot of the core minority gaming crowd. If you go around the gaming media, several staff from sites bought vitas and P4G was their #1 incentive.
---
http://i.imgur.com/YjzIx.gif
#4RotuhiiriPosted 1/10/2013 2:36:43 PM
Not significantly on its own but it's always good for future buyers with another quality title in the library. Many people buy a console when it has X games that they want.
---
JRPG fans, support our struggle: http://chn.ge/SsowWy
Join our cause: https://www.facebook.com/OperationDemonBane
#5R_ChampPosted 1/10/2013 2:39:36 PM
I think a lot of people bought a VITA before P4G came out in anticipation for it. So it probably boosted sales decently overall, but not as much after the game was released as people predicted.
#6NeojianXPosted 1/10/2013 2:42:49 PM
Probably not because they were too greedy with the Persona 4 Golden Complete bundle as a pre-order.

Persona 3 and Tales of Innocence R would have sold more Vitas. That Tales game should be translated by now too.

I guess they base not bringing it out here, due to the poor sells of the no story fan game that Tales of Mythology is for the PSP.
---
James Bond 007 in Never Say Never Heineken AND You Only Live Miller High Life .... Twice. : )
#7MMaestroPosted 1/10/2013 2:50:08 PM
Yes, but not by much.

As good as P4G is, its still a port.
#8NeojianXPosted 1/11/2013 9:09:48 AM(edited)
I would have preferred a Persona 3 Portable Golden Complete bundle. ... and I have 3 versions of Persona 3 already.

Oh and they got too greedy with the sell of the P3G Complete bundle as pre-orders at amazon and ebay for even the game itself to boost sales. Yes, greed is a real turn off, even if it was the Complete bundle. Also people see Tales of Innocence R still has not been translated. A tales Bundle might have boost sales.

Oh and I have something to do with you going with a Persona game. My kind of game and not most of the people that post about the game on this board. Most of you wanted a better Call of Duty game for the Vita. Oooh yes, you are or you have been converted to a Shooter Gamer.

You know most JRPG Gamers would not push DL games or content. We collect those hard copy JRPG. We bought more of the game this and last game gen. YEah, you tried to punk the Gamers that have been buying most of these games in every Game gen.

Now it's time for you to Cry Us a River on Gamefaqs. Ha ha ha ha!

Oh that was bad new for you this morning, wasn't it? XD
---
James Bond 007 in Never Say Never Heineken AND You Only Live Miller High Life .... Twice. : )
#9Nightmare637Posted 1/11/2013 9:10:14 AM
always good to see you Neojian.-_-
---
PSN:Nightmare637