Ragequitting

#1XeedragonPosted 1/13/2013 10:26:02 PM
What do you think of it? In my opinion, if you're blatantly outmatched, than I see no problem with quitting the bloody game. I'm not going to play for 20 more minutes just for someone else to gain rank. I understand that people get upset and whine about it, but again, why should I spend time being a punching bag and not having fun when I play videogames for fun? I mean, I've played videogames for a while, and scrubs are far, far less annoying than tryhards. I can safely say that if I was playing team multiplayer in a game, and someone on my team was taking it way too seriously, I'd knock them off first chance I get..
---
Fan testimonials: Virtue777: Coolest guy/gal on the planet: http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/Xeedragon/boards
Kewldude475: You...hav(e)...unfathomable skill.
#2MegaMettaurPosted 1/13/2013 10:33:00 PM
Nope. Tough it out and receive your ass whooping like a man. There are things to learn when you opponent outmatches you.
---
Now Playing (VITA): Ragnarok Oddysey, DJ Max Technika Tune (soon) PSN: Roksor.
Now Playing (PC): TalonRO
#3DalekZeroPosted 1/13/2013 10:33:20 PM
Rage quitting is fine....if you're not operating as part of a unit. In halo, rage quoting is fine. In team fortress 2 Mann vs machine....rage quitting can hurt your team.
---
always assume everybody on the Internet is either a 12 year old, or a creeper in his mid 40's. The Internet makes more sense that way.
#4Lightning_fanPosted 1/13/2013 10:34:43 PM
lol 20 minute match?

Why not just let them win. Only problem with ragequiting is that people do not get points. It really is not that big of a deal and you should not feel bad about it.

You are not obligated to play with them though you are right.
#5darkphiresagePosted 1/13/2013 10:35:49 PM
Xeedragon posted...
What do you think of it?

Poor sportsmanship. Regardless of w/e your reasons may be, if you can't take your ass whipping, stay outta rated matches. "It's only fun if I'm winning" is a child's mentality. No offense, of course, tc. Just answering your question.
---
vita board has literally 1 or 2 trolls - GoombaX (he was absolutely serious)
#6Hydra_Gundam_Posted 1/13/2013 10:37:00 PM
Then dont play online.
---
PSN: HYDRAGUNDAM-
#7Lightning_fanPosted 1/13/2013 10:40:04 PM
darkphiresage posted...
Xeedragon posted...
What do you think of it?

Poor sportsmanship. Regardless of w/e your reasons may be, if you can't take your ass whipping, stay outta rated matches. "It's only fun if I'm winning" is a child's mentality. No offense, of course, tc. Just answering your question.

Well he is not obligated to take a beating. I personally stay in all matches unless I disconnect. That is more of me not getting to upset over losing (winning can be pretty boring).

Your basically arguing that he should spend his time frustrated with something meant for entertainment.
#8Xeedragon(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 10:41:37 PM
darkphiresage posted...
Xeedragon posted...
What do you think of it?

I actually have fun when I'm losing, too. It's only when the other team groups into a virtually unassailable fortress right next to our spawn spot and do this for 5-10 minutes that I quit. I don't care about ranking, I just prefer to have fun instead of adhering to some idiotic concept of sportsmanship.
---
Fan testimonials: Virtue777: Coolest guy/gal on the planet: http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/Xeedragon/boards
#9MickleohbPosted 1/13/2013 10:42:02 PM
It depends. If it's 1v1 and the other person still gets the win, then I don't really care (though it can diminish the winner's enjoyment). However, if it's a team battle and someone rage quits, that's pretty annoying. I see it happen a lot in Dota 2 which is annoying, especially since the tide can turn pretty quickly in a game like that (But I haven't played a Vita game like that).

But how many games do you play where you will obviously lose, but the match will last another 20 minutes? I can only think of a handful. Most matches only last a few minutes nowadays. I guess sports games...
---
"I've got half a mind to kill you...and the other half agrees" Church from RvB
PSN:Mickleohb GT:MickleohbLite
#10Xeedragon(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 10:42:29 PM
DalekZero posted...
Rage quitting is fine....if you're not operating as part of a unit. In halo, rage quoting is fine. In team fortress 2 Mann vs machine....rage quitting can hurt your team.

Never ragequit in either of those games.
---