Ragequitting

#11darkphiresagePosted 1/13/2013 9:49:16 PM
Lightning_fan posted...
darkphiresage posted...
Xeedragon posted...
What do you think of it?

Poor sportsmanship. Regardless of w/e your reasons may be, if you can't take your ass whipping, stay outta rated matches. "It's only fun if I'm winning" is a child's mentality. No offense, of course, tc. Just answering your question.

Well he is not obligated to take a beating. I personally stay in all matches unless I disconnect. That is more of me not getting to upset over losing (winning can be pretty boring).

Your basically arguing that he should spend his time frustrated with something meant for entertainment.

Like I said, then stay outta rated matches. Your rating is a representation of your skill. If it's fake, why even bother? That's the whole point of competition, regardless of what game/sport you play. People won't care if you prefer to play unrated matches cuz you just play for fun. Going into rated matches and cheating the other guy outta his win with scrub behavior is just childish.
---
vita board has literally 1 or 2 trolls - GoombaX (he was absolutely serious)
#12Xeedragon(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 9:53:17 PM
darkphiresage posted...
Lightning_fan posted...
darkphiresage posted...
Xeedragon posted...
What do you think of it?

Poor sportsmanship. Regardless of w/e your reasons may be, if you can't take your ass whipping, stay outta rated matches. "It's only fun if I'm winning" is a child's mentality. No offense, of course, tc. Just answering your question.

Well he is not obligated to take a beating. I personally stay in all matches unless I disconnect. That is more of me not getting to upset over losing (winning can be pretty boring).

Your basically arguing that he should spend his time frustrated with something meant for entertainment.

Like I said, then stay outta rated matches. Your rating is a representation of your skill. If it's fake, why even bother? That's the whole point of competition, regardless of what game/sport you play. People won't care if you prefer to play unrated matches cuz you just play for fun. Going into rated matches and cheating the other guy outta his win with scrub behavior is just childish.

"Cheating the other guy out of his win"? Seems I touched a nerve here, buddy boy. Listen up, pal, if you think it's right to force other people to bend over so you can get one point of prestige, than you're more entitled than the "scrubs" you whine about so much.
---
Fan testimonials: Virtue777: Coolest guy/gal on the planet: http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/Xeedragon/boards
Kewldude475: You...hav(e)...unfathomable skill.
#13zandm7Posted 1/13/2013 9:54:05 PM
I feel like "rage quitting" is only really appropriate if you and your entire team are truly receiving an ass whooping and the match is unfairly stacked, or if other players are hacking/cheating. And obviously only if you know you're not absolutely terrible at the game. If you really suck at a game you shouldn't really rage quit, because then you're losing out on experience that could be making you a better player.

All in all, even when you play a losing game, you're not just letting other people rank up. You're also gaining play experience to up your own skills.
---
Playing - Vita: Uncharted, MotorStorm, Stardrone, Resistance, AC3L. PS3: CoD, BF3, InFamous, WipEout. Various PC games (TF2, Minecraft mostly).
PSN: zandm7
#14Xeedragon(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 10:00:47 PM
zandm7 posted...
I feel like "rage quitting" is only really appropriate if you and your entire team are truly receiving an ass whooping and the match is unfairly stacked, or if other players are hacking/cheating. And obviously only if you know you're not absolutely terrible at the game. If you really suck at a game you shouldn't really rage quit, because then you're losing out on experience that could be making you a better player.

All in all, even when you play a losing game, you're not just letting other people rank up. You're also gaining play experience to up your own skills.

When I ragequit it is usually because the other team is intentionally using dirty tricks in order to kill us within seconds of us spawning.
---
Fan testimonials: Virtue777: Coolest guy/gal on the planet: http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/Xeedragon/boards
#15darkphiresagePosted 1/13/2013 10:11:12 PM(edited)
Xeedragon posted...
darkphiresage posted...
Lightning_fan posted...
darkphiresage posted...
Xeedragon posted...
What do you think of it?

"Cheating the other guy out of his win"? Seems I touched a nerve here, buddy boy. Listen up, pal, if you think it's right to force other people to bend over so you can get one point of prestige, than you're more entitled than the "scrubs" you whine about so much.

I don't whine about it and you didnt touch a nerve, especially since I no longer play competitive games due to a hand injury. Even before that, the extent of my competitive gaming was a room of friends/family playing melee. Not hardcore in the least, just answering the tc's question. So you don't think ragequitting cheats the other guy outta his win? Well you're certainly entitled to your opinion. That being said, you can be mad about it all you like, but no one makes people play rated matches. That's why joining one, then ragequitting will always be cosidered scrub behavior.

Edit: I am, of course, talkin about games where faking a dc results in no one losing/winning any rating. If the other guy still gets his points, by all means, ragequit to your heart's content. You're only hurting your own skills in that case.
---
vita board has literally 1 or 2 trolls - GoombaX (he was absolutely serious)
#16GiSS88Posted 1/13/2013 10:13:33 PM
Depends on the length of the match. If you're talking about a fighting game, ragequitting is just whining. If it's 1 vs 1 and the game will go on for a while, and you're getting severely beaten, send a congrats and drop out. I wouldn't want to waste time if it's really one sided and I'm not having fun.

Now games like L4D, just tough it out--as long as you have close to a full team. The game is fun regardless, and just made more interesting by playing other real players instead of AI.
---
MH3 ID:JVQGY5 *PSN: NoJ87*
360 Gamertag: NoJ1987 *Others in Quote*
#17Xx09x7Posted 1/13/2013 10:30:53 PM
Aren't you the guy who refused to play with me, and then raged and blocked me?
#18thompsontalker7Posted 1/13/2013 10:34:31 PM
I only do it when there is obvious bulls**** going on, like the enemy team spawntrapping you or opponent is spamming moves in a fighter.
---
Not removing this until Dr. Dre's Detox album is out. 11/22/08
THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK THY HAND IN TV, DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT!
#19Xeedragon(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 10:40:41 PM
Xx09x7 posted...
Aren't you the guy who refused to play with me, and then raged and blocked me?

What game? Don't recall doing that.
---
#20Xeedragon(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 10:41:24 PM
thompsontalker7 posted...
I only do it when there is obvious bulls**** going on, like the enemy team spawntrapping you or opponent is spamming moves in a fighter.

Basically this.
---